Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

News at 11, Grimoire is dead

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
I was looking for more notes related to Grimoire and found a folder filled with maybe 800 pages of ideas I wanted to put into the game … things like a magic chest that fills a room with water when it is opened.
Was already in the Elvira.

Cassidy

Arcane
You'll certainly eat babymeat and run from machete rape gangs before rather than after playing Grimoire.

That is all that needs to be said.

SacredPath

Novice
How about a chest that has a... locked chest inside of it. Of course that second chest wouldn't be just a locked chest, but there would actually be a locked chest inside of it.

I hope this business model will spread around the industry though. Imagine if Arcanum had been 12 years in the making, what a game it could have been.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I thought Grimoire was supposed to have over 9000 hours of gameplay? How did Cleve get through 78% of it in only a few months? And on a thorough test run, no less, where he would test everything.

Bros I'll play if there's a dragon in a locked chest and then you can romance it, or it can romance you. Also there has to be a minigame where you have to bring it closer to orgasm. :thumbsup:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
UndetectedButthurt said:
Bros I'll play if there's a dragon in a locked chest and then you can romance it, or it can romance you. Also there has to be a minigame where you have to bring it closer to orgasm. :thumbsup:

That game already exists :

pm2_191.png

pm2_194.png

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
SacredPath said:
Xor said:
over 9000

I see what you did there

I wasn't even really joking; I'm pretty sure that's close to the figure Cleve claimed at one point. I am far too lazy to try and find the quote, though.

Mortmal

Arcane
If you launch the old beta its says the paying version add 500+ hours of gameplay and that was long long ago, so undoubtly the final grimoire will be over 900 hours of gameplay! He will never confirm it offcially of course as any question about grimoire or anything relevant to reality will be ignored.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom