Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Newcomer - the ultimate RPG took 20 YEARS to make!

Luzur

Good Sir
will this reawaken Commodore and make it a computer for every household again?

will DU be forced to port the Codex to BBS now?

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Skyway said:
WTF is this banal shit boring ZMH?
DramaticPopcorn said:
Where I may freq soz_code.txt?
Why the only file in the Age of Decadence file area is the win386.swp?
Fuck, I wanted to start Tornado and make several funny screenshots with fake Codexer's messages, even remember where is fossil driver lays, but I'm too tired to dig my modem from the mountain of hardware. And I don't remember where may turn off modem initialization error in the tornado.ctl

zeitgeist

Magister
Luzur said:
will DU be forced to port the Codex to BBS now?
Code:
 /\          ____,____.___.___, /\__.___._______          /\     
/  `°n,_,s°`°\___/    \   \_  /_\___/    \   __/°`°n,_,s°`  \ 
`,           /   \  ,  ; ==\    \   \  ,  ; __/_           ,r
  `°n,_,s°`°n\  _/__| /____/____/___/__;_/___  /s°`°n,_,s°`
              \(    |/                       )/

ironyuri

I don't know if this has been posted in RPG News and Comments yet, but:

http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/100435-newcomer-revealed-the-qultimateq-c64-rpg.html

German distributor Protovision is gearing up to release Newcomer, a first-person, party-based RPG for the Commodore 64. Yes, you read that right. Twenty years in the making, those of us who still have an old C64 lying around will actually be able to fire up another old-school role-playing game on it. They just don't make feature lists like these anymore:

Discuss.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
ironyuri said:
I don't know if this has been posted in RPG News and Comments yet, but:

http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/100435-newcomer-revealed-the-qultimateq-c64-rpg.html

German distributor Protovision is gearing up to release Newcomer, a first-person, party-based RPG for the Commodore 64. Yes, you read that right. Twenty years in the making, those of us who still have an old C64 lying around will actually be able to fire up another old-school role-playing game on it. They just don't make feature lists like these anymore:

Discuss.
http://rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=51925

ironyuri

Jaesun said:
Please ban ironyuri.

Because I posted a news item I didn't think had been picked up? Choke on a dick you fucking faggot.

Go throw another 50 dollars at an internet site while you're at it. Fucking retard.

Luzur

Good Sir
ironyuri said:
Jaesun said:
Please ban ironyuri.

Because I posted a news item I didn't think had been picked up? Choke on a dick you fucking faggot.

Go throw another 50 dollars at an internet site while you're at it. Fucking retard.

no, for getting rid of your Commodore just because you had to move.

bad judgement dude, there is always room for Commodore.

dolio

Scholar
ironyuri said:
Because I posted a news item I didn't think had been picked up?
Because you can't be bothered to look at the 15 latest news topics before saying, "I don't think this has been a news item."

Luzur

Good Sir
ironyuri said:
Luzur said:

Bro, it wasn't my choice. Family got rid of it. I used to love that thing. Bionic Commando and Golden Axe. I miss my Commodore.

okay, just 10 lashes will be enough for you then.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
ironyuri said:
Luzur said:

Bro, it wasn't my choice. Family got rid of it. I used to love that thing. Bionic Commando and Golden Axe. I miss my Commodore.

Family who tries to take your C64 away is no family at all.

c64ij.jpg

CrimHead

Scholar
ironyuri said:
Jaesun said:
Please ban ironyuri.

Butthurt approaching critical mass

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well why you faggots have your little "who has the tinniest dick competition" could some one tell me how the game is.

Have any one played around with this thing?.

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
ironyuri said:
Luzur said:

Dude there's always a choice. You didn't have to move and/or you could've dumped (or slaughtered) your family and put yourself up for adoption 'with conditions'... i.e. the 64 comes too.

Just stop with the lame fucking excuses :smug:

EDIT: Haha - I posted before I saw this (I swear):

Haba said:
ironyuri said:
Luzur said:

Family who tries to take your C64 away is no family at all.

c64ij.jpg

Alex

Arcane
Blog-2.gif

Alex:

My true desire, like a real codexer, is to simply scream decline and froth at the mouth. But instead, I will try to calmly ask you people if there is any justification for what I am about to relate:

I was looking at the newcomer site to see if there was any news of its impeding release. There was (though all it said is that they finished QA for the english version and started the final tests), but there also was other news. Apparently, the ultimate version of Newcomer had been entered into something called Independent Game Festival. This festival has independent games entered into it, and a few of those are selected as finalists of certain categories.

Unfortunately, Newcomer didn't make it in any of the categories, But it isn't this that made me annoyed. What really made me annoyed is that Minecraft is a finalist for both the main and the design categories. I don't mean to downplay Minecraft, what I have seem of it seemed fun, but here we have a very simple game, even gimmicky, based solely on the idea of building stuff using colored blocks. And somehow people prefer that to a real, bona-fide rpg game? Am I missing something here? Did Minecraft change a lot? Was Newcomer not considered because it had previous versions?

roll-a-die

Magister
In certain terms, Minecraft is a god of good design. It's a perfect expression of simplicity making complexity. Simple systems working together to make a larger complex one. It gives you the impression it's just a simple block building game at first, but you quickly realize that it's a lot more complex. In a way, it's basically an Apple product, it does most things similar products do with a few extra features and does it well enough to be competent, it also has the simplicity to be addictive and easily picked up.

When did you last play Minecraft, Alex?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom