Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Newcomer - the ultimate RPG took 20 YEARS to make!

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
All of you who bitch and moan that Age of Decadence is not out yet, then take a look at this. This also beats Cleve's Grimoire...

It appears to be made by Hungarians...

http://www.newcomer.hu/

lisac2k

Liturgist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
No seriously where can i download this ?
Project Status

November 1, 2010: Fixing the last known issues, in preparation for the Gold Master

Anyway, why the hell did I have to sell my C64 + Floppy Disk Unit back in 1995..? Damnation on myself!

I wonder how many floppies does it take? Just look at the features:

• # 180+ characters you can interact with, each with his/her own portrait graphic
    # 10+ people who may join you, to make a team of up to 6 members
    # ...or try it on your own, in the extra challenging Solo game mode...
    # 50+ different areas to explore, created with 30+ different graphic sets
    # 100+ cutscenes/situational graphics in-game, that make you feel like you are there
    # 180,000+ words of ingame text, mostly interactive conversations
    etc...

Edit: found it. It must've been all-times record for C64, I don't remember a single game requiring more than that.
1541 version: 11* floppy disk sides

lisac2k

Liturgist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Overlooked! :salute:

One would probably need 1 floppy for the savegames as well, making it 8+1 for the Enhanced and 11+1 for the ultimate MagyaroRPG. Props for the persistence in development!

However, I suspect a secret deal with the largest floppy disk producers...

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Oh my Fucking GoD!!!
fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap

lisac2k said:
No seriously where can i download this ?
Project Status

November 1, 2010: Fixing the last known issues, in preparation for the Gold Master

Anyway, why the hell did I have to sell my C64 + Floppy Disk Unit back in 1995..? Damnation on myself!
There's going to be a special Vice version without disk swapping.

MerkwĂĽrdigliebe said:
there isn't much one can see
nci6.gif

Stop looking and start fapping.

# 180+ characters you can interact with, each with his/her own portrait graphic
# 10+ people who may join you, to make a team of up to 6 members
# ...or try it on your own, in the extra challenging Solo game mode...
# 50+ different areas to explore, created with 30+ different graphic sets
# 100+ cutscenes/situational graphics in-game, that make you feel like you are there
# 180,000+ words of ingame text, mostly interactive conversations
# No random encounters
# Thousands of puzzles and situations to encounter and solve
# Complex, non-linear gameplay with multiple levels of endings
# Months or weeks of immersive gaming until you "complete" the game...
# ...but there will still be a thousand situations, resolutions and encounters you have not seen yet, and 2 more game modes to complete!
# Animated intro and outro sequences
# Game controls changed for more comfort for emulator users on PC/Mac keyboards

I have been waiting for the Ultimate edition now for a few years. They said it was coming this year, but no go so far. It was originally released in the 90's as just 'Newcomer', however it was during the final days of the C64.

The disk swapping is apparently going to be limited by their new programming techniques, but with 11 sides, that is still a lot of swapping I would think. Unless you are playing it emulated, or perhaps on a C64 Hard Drive.

I think there is only one remaining 5 1/4 disk producer left in the world. Some mob in the US.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
The announcement that they are releasing it this year came up during last few months. So, it's probably the real deal.

Nael

Arcane
Haha! I still have my old C64 with the the 1560 drive or whatevr it's called, in the original box with the Service Merchandise price tag of $499.99. Now I just gotta buy a new TV lol

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
Jesus, I have to go change my pants.... It's like I woke up in my own wet dream.

20 fucking years in development! Kinda makes TW Enhanced edition look a bit enemic.

Jim Cojones said:
There are going to be Windows, Linux and Mac versions too. No need for an emulator.

I could be wrong, but I'm betting by Windows, Linux and Mac versions, they mean via emulation? Can't believe they'd go to the trouble of native ports, when identical results can be had by emulation. They'll probably just wrap the whole thing in an emu, kinda like GoG does with DosBox games.

I'll actually be using a C64 emulator on my Amiga to play this - can't fucking wait....

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Blackadder said:

I think there is only one remaining 5 1/4 disk producer left in the world. Some mob in the US.
Luckily I still have two or three hundreds of 5 1.4" disks. Our Elektronika and Bulgarian Izot mostly. :M

Victor Pflug

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Animated cut scenes? I'm sold.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom