Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Vegas mods

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Sure sliders you can just calibrate to your tastes or even change to follow Sawyer's defaults. Then again there are things that are all or nothing, like aforementioned consumable heals and other things like headshots ignoring DR.

I find that a lot of people just don't know how to properly calibrate the sliders, most of the time breaking the balance of the game. But if you know what you are doing, PN is a very good mod.

Real men use ALL rebalance mods and then adjust them properly via console at each game start.

True that.

Project Nevada + JSawyer + Vicious Wastes ftw.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Guise what the sawyer mod changes?

A lot of stuff. From rebalancing items, to giving existing items new effects and penalties. You can read it all here:

http://fallout.gamepedia.com/JSawyer

- fPCBaseHealthMult set from 2 to 0.5 (quartering initial player health)
- fAVDHealthEnduranceMult set from 20 to 15
- Base Carry Weight lowered from 150 to 50

Those changes alone mean that you will die more easily and you can't carry as many crap on you.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Those changes alone mean that you will die more easily and you can't carry as many crap on you.
In practice it doesn't make much of a difference, except for the faster limb crippling. Weight reduction also stops mattering the moment you get a pack mule companion, except if you use heavy gear, but fuck that. You want to use lever action rifles, revolvers and wear dusters.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Well it's still really hard to die, but your bones are made of glass so you'll constantly limp to nearby doctor.

Ohhh. Well, I play with Vicious Wastes on top of JSawyer, and dying is fairly easy, so there's that. Still, Vicious Wastes is a bit too extreme some times.

Stargazer_

Well it's still really hard to die, but your bones are made of glass so you'll constantly limp to nearby doctor.

Ohhh. Well, I play with Vicious Wastes on top of JSawyer, and dying is fairly easy, so there's that. Still, Vicious Wastes is a bit too extreme some times.
Im more of a FOOK and Jsawyer man, with a little CCO modules sprinkled here and their mainly hisstat rebalance and companions, + perk mods sans perk rebalance (I think his perk balance is shit).

Stargazer_

FOOK? What years is it?!
2014 :) FOOK has its merits

Heres my Modlist
Utilities
-JIP CCC
-NVAC
-NVSE
-NVSR
-Lutana SE
-JIP SE
- MCM
- CASM
- DarnUI

-PN CORE
-YUP
-Alternate Start
-Delay DLC
-Tutorial Killer
-(All of Nevada Uncut)
-FOOK
-CCO Perks
-CCO Companions
-CCO Rebalance
-Jswayer
-CCO Jsawyer Compatibility
-FOOK Jsawyer Compatibility
-YUP Jsawyer patch
- (shitton of Voiced Companion Mods from Russel to willow)
- (Shitton of Voiced Quest Mods)
- Realistic Wasteland Lighting
- Interior Lighting Overhaul
- Yukichigai (It should of been in the game Mods merged)

Misc
- Enough graphics mods to make my waifu attractive to look at.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I try to add as much LARP role-playing possibilities as possible, I really don't give a shit about FPS gameplay so I disable the PN Module for everything but the inventory sorter. If it aint voice I don't fuck with it since it feels too jarring when combined with the game, I don't feel the same way with games without voice acting however. I like starting in a new Location every play-through.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
If we go by plugins, my mods are:

- A lot of UI related mods (MCM, Weapon Mod Menu, DarnUI, etc.)
- YUP
- Mojave Music Radio Extended
- Nevada Skies
- Interior Lighting Overhaul
- New Vegas Redesigned 3
- Better Burned Man (a must)
- Weapons of the New Millenia
- Spice of Life (using Type 3 and Roberts Bodies)
- Delay DLC
- Project Nevada (alll modules except Equipment)
- Cirosans Classic Overhaul (Follower Tweaks and Classic Perks)
- JSawyer
- Vicious Wastes
- EVE
- Immersive Minigames (this one is incredible and very recommended, basically makes your character's skill the only thing needed to solve minigames as opposed to using your dexterity and wits)
- Working Crimson Caravan Traders
- Loot Vehicles
- Mass Recalibration
- Oven Cooking
- Stash Away

And a bunch of graphic related mods.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Vulpes.jpg

Killed him and his friends afterwards and fed on their corpses. I've become edge.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Installed New Vegas Redesigned. Anyone use this one? If it's already been posted, my bad. Just not in the mood to go back. Anyways, it's not that difficult to install. I thought Requiem and a lot of other Skyrim mods were harder.

I used FCO 3.0 at first, but it's a buggy mess. Anyways, what I like about New Vegas Redesigned is that it doesn't change everyone. It keeps some of the better NPC faces. For example, the King's shitty FCO version versus the original made me instantly take it. Man, FCO version of the King looked fucking horrendous. Not sure why someone would try and fix something that isn't broken. Only issue is that the FCO 2.whatever's eyes were fucked. I had to download the fix from the page.

Had to uninstall Rudy ENB, which is the only issue. I really liked that ENB.

Just noticed that New Vegas really doesn't need a lot of mods. My load order is small as hell compared to Skyrim's. I'm using JSawyer's mod, YUP, a lot of the cut content mods, anti-crash, and NVR.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Installed New Vegas Redesigned. Anyone use this one? If it's already been posted, my bad. Just not in the mood to go back. Anyways, it's not that difficult to install. I thought Requiem and a lot of other Skyrim mods were harder.

I used FCO 3.0 at first, but it's a buggy mess. Anyways, what I like about New Vegas Redesigned is that it doesn't change everyone. It keeps some of the better NPC faces. For example, the King's shitty FCO version versus the original made me instantly take it. Man, FCO version of the King looked fucking horrendous. Not sure why someone would try and fix something that isn't broken. Only issue is that the FCO 2.whatever's eyes were fucked. I had to download the fix from the page.

Had to uninstall Rudy ENB, which is the only issue. I really liked that ENB.

Just noticed that New Vegas really doesn't need a lot of mods. My load order is small as hell compared to Skyrim's. I'm using JSawyer's mod, YUP, a lot of the cut content mods, anti-crash, and NVR.

NVR is bretty good. FCO makes the characters look strangely... dead. As if, you know, they were actually dead and brought to life with magic stuff.

I'll eventually return to New Vegas to finsih it for the first time (and do Dead Money and Old World Blues). And it's true, New Vegas has a small load order compared to Skyrim. I've found that New Vegas unnaturally long load order is mostly because the mods I have installed (Project Nevada, EVE, Vicious Wastes) have a lot of plugins. Sadly a lot of mods that should have been in the vanilla game to begin with (for example, Underwater FX) take a few .esps as well so you end up with a load list that is bloated with things that change "little" things to make them more meaningful.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom