Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Vegas mods

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Post some screens men.

To see the real purpose of the mod one would have to install every single clutter mod in that compilation and then compare it to the compilation itself... so yeah, it's kind of very difficult and pretty much pointless. Just install the mod and watch the awesome, trust me when I tell you it is of proven quality. The only thing left to do is for the user to use NMC and Ojo Bueno and then choose the textures themselves.

Buuuuut... I did take many screenshots right now for comparison, and will uploaded them in a few minutes.

EDIT:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/92bzp9czj92yr/Clutter_Compilation_Comparisons

There they are.

Last edited:

Drax

Arcane
What is the deal with fellout? It just removes the piss filter? Doesn't Realistic Wasteland Lighting do that with even better effect?

Fellout NV removes the orange tint from most areas and creates a realistic lighting environment. It does this indoors and out. Static lighting is usually a bit darker, but has a longer range (or a larger "pool") while ambient lighting is reduced - Check Freeside out at night.

The weather modes are overhauled and given realistic brightness, realistic colouring and realistic lighting. There's a night now (because the game sure didn't have any nights) which gets pretty dark, the daytime desert haze fades off into the distance naturally, hell you can almost feel the desert sun beating down on your neck!

There are probably newer and better mods, but it's the one I've used since always it's small and it doesn't really affect performance.
EVE adds a lot of visual effects to guns and shit. Some are a little over the top but I enjoy them.
More than that, I don't really need, I'm used to the shitty look.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Anyhow, I've started my playthrough proper. I'm going Project Nevada + JSawyer + Vicious Wastes + Mass Recalibration + Painful Injuries + CCO Follower Tweaks and Classic Perks. I'm going with a survivalist mod as it's pretty much needed with this combo of mods, so Guns+Repair+Survival as tagged skills. Pretty standard scores for SPECIAL with the exception of 3 in Charisma and 7 in Agility. Gonna go House in this playthrough just for the sake of making the game different for a change.

Unrelated pic of sucker dead before me and Sunny could do anything.

Dead.jpg

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Real time clouds

ps: all ENB does is add lighting and shit filters which hog your cpu

OWNMEvV.jpg

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Real time clouds

ps: all ENB does is add lighting and shit filters which hog your cpu

It adds real time shadows to every objects, plus SSAO (if I recall correctly). Turning it off and on the difference is MASSIVE. It is, by extension, one of the most fps intensive features of ENB, but it's not "shit filters" as you mentioned.

Granted, I don't like the filters in ENB either, I just like its shadows, bloom, and very nice depth of field effect compared to that of DYNAVISION.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Screen_Shot50.jpg

Take heed, this is what a proper Sunny looks like. Waifu material.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
She kinda looks like a tranny.

Also strategic collar to hide neck seam :lol:

She's a hot tranny if antyhing.

Also, collars and necklaces are a need when using body replacers, that collar in particular sucks, but they are randomly given.

laclongquan

Arcane
Some more clouds

NOXBmnL.jpg
Cloud images? Fucking clouds?

This is what happen when you play males. You dont want to pay attention to your characters and so notice the most pointless feature.

Since I always get nearly hypnotized by the hip action of my female character, outside views get noticed at surviceable level, ie enough to pass combat and recognize terrain/quest feature.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
jeebus that ugly color pallete and those dof filters.

that's how a good game looks like, without any enb.

Meme 4K gloves.

Nevada Skies is much better and varied than Realistic Wasteland Lighting.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Nevada Skies has too much crap if all you want is the mojave to look more like the actual place. It's more of a weather mod while RWL just makes the exterior lighting better.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
JSawyer does a huge number of small but great changes (e.g. adding DR to armors) that can't be adjusted with just PN, and would be a bother to cover with other mods. PN has in turn options for things that JSawyer doesn't cover, so I can't see why both couldn't be used.
I am talking about PN rebalance module specifically. I don't know if it goes that well with JSawyer, for one do you let food/drink consumables heal or not?

I make my own version of PN rebalance, which I outlined a couple of pages back, but for me, PN > JSawyer simply because it lowers the hitpoint bloat more. This is a must for these games (F3/FNV) as the bloat really kills any fun with the shooting model. With PN values, combat is thrilling because 1-2 shots from you or the enemy can decide everything.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Don't tell me that

looks better than

Of course, if we are to compare specific images, your image looks better than mine. But I find that RWL looks the same almost all the time, and it looks very bland.

PN Rebalance vs JSawyer, go

Both at the same time. JSawyer does many more things than the Rebalance module, so I would pick it over PN, but since you can use both and tweak certain things with Rebalance, just go with the two.

That said: Rebalance is useless if you don't know what to do with it, whereas JSawyer comes "calibrated" from the start.

You might not have heard of it, but there's an Enhanced Edition of RWL: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/59591
Now that Nevada Skies' last remaining argument - quantity - is gone, there's literary no reason to use it, as it have colour tints and aesthetics worse than fucking vanilla, uses an activatable item to control settings even though MCM have been out for 5 years, and its pathetic attempts of weather variations fit the region like shit compared to the flawless integration of RWL:EE's weathers.

Like I mentioned, I don't use it because it looks sort of bland.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
That said: Rebalance is useless if you don't know what to do with it, whereas JSawyer comes "calibrated" from the start.
Sure sliders you can just calibrate to your tastes or even change to follow Sawyer's defaults. Then again there are things that are all or nothing, like aforementioned consumable heals and other things like headshots ignoring DR.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom