Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Epic's new free Unreal Tournament (development halted)

iZerw

Arcane
Vatnik
People complained about odd/slow movement.
Epic in march patch:
  • Reduced player acceleration post initial fast acceleration from 4000->3200.
  • Reduced acceleration right after dodge landing.
Why?

iZerw

Arcane
Vatnik
attachment.php

attachment.php

iZerw

Arcane
Vatnik
It's like Epic does't have a clear vision of the game. Like they don't know what did UT great, addictive and fun to play.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
More like they can't believe they actually set themselves out to make a traditional arena shooter and are now backpedaling and trying to find ways to make this modern friendly, while kicking themselves for not having made an Overwatch or similar clone lel.

iZerw

Arcane
Vatnik
There is a market for a competitive "old school" arena shooter, but no place for half assed something along with Overwatch, CS:GO and soon Quake Champions.

iZerw

Arcane
Vatnik
Or maybe not anymore, I don't know. Tried Toxikk, feels like proper UT, but the future is grim: 1383 all time peak, 28 24-hour peak...

hajro

Arbiter
Toxikk looks like shit, Reflex is too hardcore for a bigger community, UT has bonobo developers, diabotical models look like gay shit at least to me.

thesoup

Arcane
Fuck... Something is very wrong with movement, it's slow and unresponsive. I had high hopes but no, it looks like they are developing the game for consoles. It does't feels like a pc game. Oh and look at this shit:

It was made because spamming a-d made you very difficult to hit. It will be reverted next build.

However, hidden weapons will also be removed and I am not playing until that option is back in. No, I don't care about smaller / lowered weapons. I want hidden or nothing.

edit
lel toxikk
That's a garbage game. That's a game for casuals. It was made based on misunderstanding what makes a good arena shooter. On stereotypes rather than in spirit. Fuck it and fuck its developers.

I wanted to try out reflex but I'm not paying 10 euros for a game where cpma veterans circlejerk over and over.

Warsow is legit great, but dead. RIP.

Diabotical has aids infested art style and misplaced memes, but it might have solid gameplay, too early to tell.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Repulsive

Self-Ejected
Patron
Toxikk looks like shit, Reflex is too hardcore for a bigger community, UT has bonobo developers, diabotical models look like gay shit at least to me.

Diabotical looks fuckin terrible, no idea how that raised so much cash.

Self-Ejected

Repulsive

Self-Ejected
Patron
Fuck... Something is very wrong with movement, it's slow and unresponsive. I had high hopes but no, it looks like they are developing the game for consoles. It does't feels like a pc game. Oh and look at this shit:

It was made because spamming a-d made you very difficult to hit. It will be reverted next build.

However, hidden weapons will also be removed and I am not playing until that option is back in. No, I don't care about smaller / lowered weapons. I want hidden or nothing.

edit
lel toxikk
That's a garbage game. That's a game for casuals. It was made based on misunderstanding what makes a good arena shooter. On stereotypes rather than in spirit. Fuck it and fuck its developers.

I wanted to try out reflex but I'm not paying 10 euros for a game where cpma veterans circlejerk over and over.

Diabotical has aids infested art style and misplaced memes, but it might have solid gameplay, too early to tell.

Yeah, Toxikk was terrible, the colours alone that camouflaged other players was already an indicator that they had no idea how to make an arena FPS game, they also started banning people that tried to offer them advice on the forums in it's early stages.

Self-Ejected

Repulsive

Self-Ejected
Patron

Diabotical looks fuckin terrible, no idea how that raised so much cash.
2gd's cult of personality.
Man that trailer made me hate myself.
Yeah, shit was cringey as fuck. Art direction was a huge factor in old school Arena FPS games appeal for me as well as having solid mechanics and good levels. These new ones are just like arena shooters for the sake of it, soulless and bland as fuck and copying a formula that has already been perfected in a much more badass looking game.

thesoup

Arcane

edit
lel toxikk

Yeah, Toxikk was terrible, the colours alone that camouflaged other players was already an indicator that they had no idea how to make an arena FPS game, they also started banning people that tried to offer them advice on the forums in it's early stages.

lolwut
Anything specific they banned people for?
The funniest about the game to me was that it had a tagline ("frsg like it's 1999") implying it was like ut99, but it had the movement of ut2k4 and the art style of ut3.

Self-Ejected

Repulsive

Self-Ejected
Patron

edit
lel toxikk

lolwut
Anything specific they banned people for?
The funniest about the game to me was that it had a tagline ("frsg like it's 1999") implying it was like ut99, but it had the movement of ut2k4 and the art style of ut3.

For offering advice lol, made a completely non-offensive post then just randomly got perma-banned. Yeah, the tagline was what suckered me into buying it lol.

thesoup

Arcane
Yes tey have. Quake 3, ut2004 and warsow are much better games. ut99 is a casual dm shooter that was made vaguely competitive by the community.

thesoup

Arcane
If you ever played any arena shooter on a high skilled / competitive level, you would understand the massive and gaping shortcomings of ut99.

If you are like Excidium II and think arena shooters should have overpowered weapons and be just a free for all gorefest without much in the way of tactics, you are the fps version of a jrpg player who calls himself an rpg enthusiast.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
If you ever played any arena shooter on a high skilled / competitive level, you would understand the massive and gaping shortcomings of ut99.

If you are like Excidium II and think arena shooters should have overpowered weapons and be just a free for all gorefest without much in the way of tactics, you are the fps version of a jrpg player who calls himself an rpg enthusiast.
"muh esports" - Q3 player

thesoup

Arcane

I'm not a q3 player. And it's not about esports. It's about a balanced game with a high skill ceiling. It's fascinaing how the same people will sperg out when some rpg gets consolized or doesn't have enough stats or hardcore features, but will laugh at an fps that requires skill, opting instead for a casual one while mocking the more enthusiastic players, all while completely oblivious to teh ironing.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected

I'm not a q3 player. And it's not about esports. It's about a balanced game with a high skill ceiling. It's fascinaing how the same people will sperg out when some rpg gets consolized or doesn't have enough stats or hardcore features, but will laugh at an fps that requires skill, opting instead for a casual one while mocking the more enthusiastic players, all while completely oblivious to teh ironing.
Fucken terrible analogy m8.

UT99 - launch game join server gib niggers cool guns cool maps cool barks cool announcer have fun
Q3 - Talking about skill ceiling and balance on video game forums sterile guns sterile maps watch tournament matches

thesoup

Arcane
Any CPMA fags in here :avatard:
Just a casual observer from time to time.
What about defrag? It's pretty relaxing to watch on yt with good music.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom