Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Epic's new free Unreal Tournament (development halted)

DefJam101

Arcane
dodge jumping is back?

fuck yeah, that means trial maps

i can't wait to delayed dodge jump across chasms for hours at a time again

huo hua, huo hua, huo hua, huo hua

HUO HUA, HUO HUA, HUO HUA, HUO HUA, HUOHUA, HUO HUA

Quatlo

Arcane
dodge jumping is back?

fuck yeah, that means trial maps

i can't wait to delayed dodge jump across chasms for hours at a time again

huo hua, huo hua, huo hua, huo hua

HUO HUA, HUO HUA, HUO HUA, HUO HUA, HUOHUA, HUO HUA

Source? That would be pretty shit if they allowed to doublejump again.

thesoup

Arcane
There is no dodge jumping. Maybe mods will fix this eventually so we can have trials again, but the base game has only dodge and wall jump.
Also hammer jump and rocket jump ofc.

You can wall dodge jump with boots, tho.

Quatlo

Arcane
I hope for the netcode changes. Dying to some chronomancer before you can even see him because he apparently managed to shoot a whole burst from minigun at you is pretty annoying.

thesoup

Arcane
There is no dodge jumping. Maybe mods will fix this eventually so we can have trials again, but the base game has only dodge and wall jump.

Oh and from what I understand, there's infinite wall jumping. Meaning you can wall jump up up and away like a ninja or tom clancy in some splinter cell (I forget which one). Think of the possibilities DefJam101

DefJam101

Arcane

Oh and from what I understand, there's infinite wall jumping. Meaning you can wall jump up up and away like a ninja or tom clancy in some splinter cell (I forget which one). Think of the possibilities DefJam101
HMMMH

HMMMHHGH

HMM HUA

HMM HUA

HMMMHGH

HMMM HUA

HMMMM HUA

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
Can bunny hopping exist in UT?

I have probably played more CS 1.6 climb maps than the actual game.

thesoup

Arcane
Can bunny hopping exist in UT?

I have probably played more CS 1.6 climb maps than the actual game.
It can probably exist via modding, but UT has it's own movement challenges. Just go through the movement tutorial of UT4 for a taste of it and try to find videos on yt of ut2k4 trials. Those are super hard.

Quatlo

Arcane
So, anyone still playing it? How's it shaping up?
They are slowly patching some bugs and adding new maps, link gun got new model, new main menu with youtube player, thats about it.
Its perfectly playable however.

Gerrard

Arcane
I'm surprised people aren't complaining about the sliding and wall running.

sullynathan

Arcane
In the wake of my inability to play the D44M beta, I downloaded the Unreal beta and played about 30 minutes and it's pretty good. I don't have too much of a background in Unreal. I played UT 1999 & UT 2004 and their training/bots mode was fun and it carried over well here.
I was surprised to find no other thread about this, is anyone interested in it?

Angthoron

Arcane
In the wake of my inability to play the D44M beta, I downloaded the Unreal beta and played about 30 minutes and it's pretty good. I don't have too much of a background in Unreal. I played UT 1999 & UT 2004 and their training/bots mode was fun and it carried over well here.
Does it have bots already? I'd like to check it out but would like to test vs AI for a bit, haven't played UT for ages.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Does it have bots already? I'd like to check it out but would like to test vs AI for a bit, haven't played UT for ages.

Yes, for a good while IIRC.

Angthoron

Arcane

Yes, for a good while IIRC.
Sweet, gonna give it a try. Hopefully they didn't fuck up the bot AI, it used to be breddy gud.

sullynathan

Arcane
yo the AI in this game is super aggressive and good, I don't think I can even change the difficulty option there. Game is fast as I expected. The game has a wealth of options and runs really well, I get 40 - 60 fps on my potato in a full map. It is still a beta correct? It takes a time though between when a match ends for the game to switch back to the menu.

Angthoron

Arcane
Yeah, gave it a try yesterday. AI seems pretty good (and I seem pretty shit, damn), performance is really good, and so far I'm really digging the guns. They seem to have fixed Flak Cannon so it's not the piece of shit it was in UT 3, so all's forgiven.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom