Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News New teaser website appears to be counting down towards Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition reveal

Black Angel

Arcane
but the old game will still exist
Actually, no. If you already had it, yes. But the GOG version will be replaced with this so-called Enhanced Edition, and even though you can still get the original version bundled with the EE, you'll still have to pay for it even if you really don't want to.

Case in point: BG 1&2.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
No doubt it is bad writing. At least I don't know a single trans woman who would drop a "Oh, by the way, I was Stephen three years ago."

Haha. In reality, they don't need to because it's blatantly obvious.

Funny that they got a real woman to voice this trans-character, why not a trans-person, isn't that transphobic and cis-preference discrimination?

:lol:

Actually, no. If you already had it, yes. But the GOG version will be replaced with this so-called Enhanced Edition, and even though you can still get the original version bundled with the EE, you'll still have to pay for it even if you really don't want to.

Case in point: BG 1&2.

This happened only last year, god only knows why.

No one knows what will happen this time.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
14j44y1.jpg

Heh, what can change the nature of a man.

$18,000 and the finest surgeons Colorado can provide.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Oh wow.jpg, these news skipped me entirely.

On a scale of 1/10 how badly will they fuck up this "enhanced" edition?

Not optimistic about this at all.

Kilus

Educated
How did Beamdog end up with the rights to "update" IE titles anyway

Trent Oyster: Yo WotC, what if we slightly fuck around with IE games and then sell them for twice the price?
WotC: Hey, what, Ummm we have no idea what the fuck you are talking about but if you fuck a goat in front of us you can go ham on anything IE.
Trent Oyster: This is what I was born for.

Kilus

Educated
Yeah, the whole thing is scam to change the fair price of $10 for almost 20 year old games to $20 for basically the same thing with a widescreen mod.

Naraya

Arcane
Men, why so much hate for EEs? Seriously. I currently play PS:T for the first time and while in general I think the game is absolutely incredible, the pathing for example is atrocious. If I remember correctly, EEs of BG and BG2 fixed pathing quite a bit.

Also - call me what you want but no key for highlighting interactables is a total no-go for me. Being in my late thirties I started to care about my eyesight a lot, thank you very much. Who actually enjoys pixel hunting? It's a tedious time-waster. And this comes from someone who very much enjoyed point and click adventure games like Monkey Island series or Indiana Jones back in the 90s. I don't like the expression, but it's a simple Quality of Life matter for me.

Just to be clear regarding EEs - I think that EEs for BG series are overdone (wtf health bars, blurry sprites, silhouettes).

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
Being in my late thirties I started to care about my eyesight a lot

Oh, come on. This is not a valid argument. I'm also <ahem> in my late thirties, have worn glasses since I was 11, and can piss through the eye of a needle from 100 yards. MTFU. Playing games doesn't damage you - it allows you to transcend mortal demands.

Baron Dupek

Arcane

mondblut

Arcane
I've seen belief move cities, make men stave off death, and turn an evil hag's heart half-circle. This entire Fortress has been constructed from belief. Belief damned a woman, whose heart clung to the hope that another loved her when she did not. Once, it made a man seek to become a woman and achieve it. And it has made a posturing spirit think it has three genders.

Truth be told, if the original Planescape and PST were to be made today, it would be chock full of homos and trannies. Sigil is intentionally so quirkyweird and post-everything, it seems a natural place for gender-bending and pink hair. These in fact would be on the lower end of "wtf did I just see" spectrum.

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism
I've seen belief move cities, make men stave off death, and turn an evil hag's heart half-circle. This entire Fortress has been constructed from belief. Belief damned a woman, whose heart clung to the hope that another loved her when she did not. Once, it made a man seek to become a woman and achieve it. And it has made a posturing spirit think it has three genders.

Truth be told, if the original Planescape and PST were to be made today, it would be chock full of homos and trannies. Sigil is intentionally so quirkyweird and post-everything, it seems a natural place for gender-bending and pink hair. These in fact would be on the lower end of "wtf did I just see" spectrum.

This proves that Chris Avellone is....

mondblut

Arcane

This proves that Chris Avellone is....

...pretty conservative, if anything. Sigil is a kind of place where people would have 2 vaginas and 3 dicks all at once, and walk around naked to show them off. Cyberpunk gay pride: the city, if you will.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Men, why so much hate for EEs? Seriously. I currently play PS:T for the first time and while in general I think the game is absolutely incredible, the pathing for example is atrocious. If I remember correctly, EEs of BG and BG2 fixed pathing quite a bit.

Also - call me what you want but no key for highlighting interactables is a total no-go for me. Being in my late thirties I started to care about my eyesight a lot, thank you very much. Who actually enjoys pixel hunting? It's a tedious time-waster. And this comes from someone who very much enjoyed point and click adventure games like Monkey Island series or Indiana Jones back in the 90s. I don't like the expression, but it's a simple Quality of Life matter for me.

Just to be clear regarding EEs - I think that EEs for BG series are overdone (wtf health bars, blurry sprites, silhouettes).
in EE you can turn off health bars, blurry sprites and silhouettes.

Naraya

Arcane
Men, why so much hate for EEs? Seriously. I currently play PS:T for the first time and while in general I think the game is absolutely incredible, the pathing for example is atrocious.

Path Search Nodes 40000 .........................
Thanks, I need to look into it then. I assumed the Qwinn's fixpack adjusts such things by default.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Men, why so much hate for EEs? Seriously. I currently play PS:T for the first time and while in general I think the game is absolutely incredible, the pathing for example is atrocious.

Path Search Nodes 40000 .........................
Thanks, I need to look into it then. I assumed the Qwinn's fixpack adjusts such things by default.
you made the mistake of thinking that a modder can be sensible and rational

~Qwinn

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom