Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. It has come to this administration's attention that brofists are divisive, and encourage the formation of agenda-based brofist cliques. The RPGCodex strives to provide a welcoming forum experience for all fans of the genre, and brofists are hindering this mission's success. In light of this, brofist functionality has been removed so as to create a new, better, Codex browsing experience.

We further advise our members not to attempt circumvention of this removal by reverting to the old and just as divisive method of creating empty posts of "+1" and "what he said." Such posts only seek to further a culture of exclusion where select users may end up feeling discomfort or emotional trauma. These posts will be considered spam and thus a banable offense. The Codex administration seeks to provide a safe and secure posting environment where the needs of the minority outweigh the needs of the agenda-reproducing majority.
  2. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information New Shadowrun Returns Screenshots and Info at Game Informer

Discussion in 'RPG Codex News & Content Comments' started by Crooked Bee, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Crooked Bee Nyadmin Patron

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2014 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Click here and disable ads!
    Tags: Harebrained Schemes; Shadowrun Returns

The latest issue of Game Informer has a feature article on Shadowrun Returns, and while the article itself is currently unavailable online, French Shadowrun fansite Fondation Draco has published a summary of the article as well as the new screenshots contained therein:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's the summary in French:
    • Le jeu se déroule en 2054, à Seattle. Un deuxième scénario prenant place à Berlin sortira un peu plus tard.
    • Le point de départ de l’intrigue est une sinistre affaire de trafic d’organes.
    • Comme l’épisode Super Nintendo, Shadowrun Returns commence à la morgue.
    • Un enquêteur de la Lone Star nommé Mitch Macklusky est un personnage important, au moins au début du jeu.
    • L’ambiance “film noir” est l’une des inspirations majeures des développeurs
    • Les combats au tour par tour sont inspirés de XCOM (autant le jeu des années 90 que l’épisode sorti l’année dernière)
    • Bien qu’on ne créé qu’un seul personnage en début de partie, il est possible de recruter d’autres shadowrunners. En combat, le joueur contrôle tous les membres de son équipe (ils ne sont pas gérés par une IA)
    • Le système de dialogue est à base de mots clés
    • La partie “enquête” sera très développée
    Basically: the game takes place in Seattle in 2054 (the second scenario, taking place in Berlin, will be released slightly later) and the plot hook is organ trafficking. Like the SNES Shadowrun, it starts off at the morgue. A Lone Star investigator Mitch Macklusky is an important character. Film noir is a big inspiration for the developers. The turn-based combat is inspired by XCOM, and it'll be possible to recruit other shadowrunners. You will control all your characters in combat - no AI controlled companions for you. The dialog system is keyword-based, and the investigative side of things will be pretty important.

The article also contains a glimpse of the scenario editor.
    ^ Top  
  2. SuicideBunny (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻

SuicideBunny
    Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
    looks pretty neat.
    ^ Top  
  3. Excidium P. banal

Self-Ejected
    Looking good.
    ^ Top  
  4. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator Patron

Jaesun
    MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
    This keeps sounding so fucking good...

:bounce:
    ^ Top  
  5. Hobz Learned

Hobz
    Actually, the sentence meant that investigation WILL be very developed, as in "an important part of the game", it gave no information on the development progression.

Great news nonetheless, i'm pretty impressed by this game.
    ^ Top  
  6. mindx2 Arcane Patron

mindx2
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Those screenshots look GREAT! Have to say that of all the KS projects I've backed in 2012 this one hasn't said or shown anything that makes me worried. It looks, and sounds, like it will be a good game.*

*Yes, I know we have to see and hear a lot more but so far so good...
    ^ Top  
  7. HobGoblin42 Developer Patron

HobGoblin42
    Codex 2013
    Looks great. Are the character 3D animated or is everything 2D?
    ^ Top  
  8. Major_Blackhart Codexia Lord Sodom Patron

Major_Blackhart
    Wooo!
    I am fucking pumped for this. The possibility of good tactical combat combined with the Shadowrunner system and an editor is an awesome possibility.
    ^ Top  
  9. Wizfall Learned

Wizfall
    Awesome hehe.
    Not perfect though (troll/ork character model could be a better) but overall it looks great.
    I love this isometric view.
    They have made one of the best kickstarter campaign and have the best communication about the game's development.
    ^ Top  
  10. evdk comrade troglodyte :M Patron

evdk
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    This looks bloody awesome. So far they are making exactly the game I have expected. Best $15 spent so far.
    ^ Top  
  11. DwarvenFood Arcane Patron

DwarvenFood
    Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
    The one Kickstarter I had the lowest expectations for, is turning out to be pretty fucking awesome :kingcomrade:

(lol, that .gif is called kingcomrade)
    ^ Top  
  12. Vault Dweller Ubersturmfuhrer

Vault Dweller
    Looks awesome.
    ^ Top  
  13. Major_Blackhart Codexia Lord Sodom Patron

Major_Blackhart
    I want to see some in action vids next.
    ^ Top  
  14. OldSkoolKamikaze Arcane Patron

OldSkoolKamikaze
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

^ Top  
  15. IronicNeurotic Arbiter

IronicNeurotic
    Looks great, but....

Yeah, there wasn't a lot of worrying stuff said so far, but unless I missed some in-depth updates its all general buzzwords. Buzzwords for our niche, but still buzzwords.

I dunno, still waiting with overexcitement.
    ^ Top  
  16. Major_Blackhart Codexia Lord Sodom Patron

Major_Blackhart
    I still want to see what character creation looks like.
    ^ Top  
  17. Volrath Arcane Patron

Volrath
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
    Well it looks fantastic.
    ^ Top  
  18. Major_Blackhart Codexia Lord Sodom Patron

Major_Blackhart
    So far we've seen screen but do we know anything about stats, character creation, level progression?
    Also, I don't know if it's been stated, but what edition of Shadowrun will they be going about using?
    ^ Top  
  19. evdk comrade troglodyte :M Patron

evdk
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Some amalgamation of all four, IIRC.
    ^ Top  
  20. Crooked Bee Nyadmin Patron

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2014 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Oops, yeah, my bad. Kinda overlooked the "sera" there. :P Will correct it in the newspost.
    ^ Top  
  21. Wizfall Learned

Wizfall
    http://harebrained-schemes.com/post/fireside-chat-with-jordan-weisman-and-mikes-dev-diary/
    http://harebrained-schemes.com/post/chris-developer-diary/
    That the 2 most important update but you can find more.
    General buzzwords ?
    I really don't know how you can expect much more info than that, except the game.
    Much more and detailed info about the game development process than any other kickstarter.
    ^ Top  
  22. Excidium P. banal

Self-Ejected
    Source?
    ^ Top  
  23. evdk comrade troglodyte :M Patron

evdk
    If I remembered the source, I would not have written IIRC, sorry. Maybe Infinitron and his network of Jewish spies can help?
    ^ Top  
  24. Wizfall Learned

Wizfall
    I can be bothered to check but evdk is right.
    It would used a proper new rule-set more adapted to the PC but inspired by a mix of the different PnP editions rules as mush as they can.
    For the full PnP ruleset i'm not sure a AAA budget would have been enough lol
    ^ Top  
  25. Junmarko Learned

Junmarko
    Crooked Bee, you're a fucking lad. Cheers mang!
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above links helps us pay the hosting bills)