Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New potato strategy 'Polanie' (Polans), the RTS to end all RTSes

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
515016100.jpg

Original 90's game

515016115.jpg

http://www.gry-online.pl/S013.asp?ID=96229

80s Stallone

Arcane
Very inspired Warcraft clone, it seems.

Edit: Ah, now I see, Polanie II is what was called "KnightShift" here. And apparently there is a German version of this game. But interestingly enough I have never heard of it. And the guy who made it also made the Earth series.

Funny,

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Polanie II was the coolest. A real shame that it was basically non-existent outside polant because it was genuinely gud.

:salute:

The original Polanie was good too, mostly because it was more than just a warcraft clone. It had plenty of its own unique mechanics.

Last edited:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Poland should be wiped off the face of the earth and used to dump nuclear waste in the future.

Tytus

Arcane
Poland should be wiped off the face of the earth and used to dump nuclear waste in the future.

Why? You don't like anti-Jewish propaganda?

A big nosed, sneaky, greedy Jewizzard tries to get rid off, beautiful, honest and good polish prince. He clearly wants his money.

What are you, a Jew or something?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
There is more oneliners.
"My swords silence people forever"
"Do you have any problem?" (lumberjack)
"Knock-off time, shack is placed!" (Fajrant, buda stoi)
"I shot the arrows right into the target but there is just too many of them!"

Polanie is even more obscure than Earth series. Both of them are gut.

80s Stallone

Arcane
Anyone ever played this, a german RTS called "Akte Europa", I think this has never been released in any other language, featured no base building but unit design (turrets etc.) and fuel supply... was buggy as hell though.

298998-akte-europa-windows-screenshot-main-menu-ai-playing-with-himself.jpg

AkteEuropa_9.jpg

AkteEuropa_5.jpg

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Polanie II was the coolest. A real shame that it was basically non-existent outside polant because it was genuinely gud.

:salute:

The original Polanie was good too, mostly because it was more than just a warcraft clone. It had plenty of its own unique mechanics.

I remember playing KnightShift back when it was released, the German version of it, and enjoyed it quite a bit. I probably still have the CDs somewhere.

I need to find it again. It was fun.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Polanie 2 was very good indeed, I had a lot of fun with it. The RTS part that is, because the RPG was bad.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom