Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mad Max game from Avalanche Studios

Machocruz

Arcane
If George Miller isn't involved at every step of the process, then it has no chance of doing anything good with the Mad Max name.

Baron

Arcane
The new Max is that twat who played Bane in Batman.

42013405.jpg

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I liked it. I liked the music, thought it was nice. Voice-over girl was all right in the end too.

You guys just don't appreciate good games.

A user named cat

The new Max is that twat who played Bane in Batman.
Disregarding the embarrassing picture above and his mockable Bane voice, Tom Hardy is actually pretty damn good. At least he was in Warrior and Lawless. Plus he's playing in the Child 44 adaptation, looking forward to that. Fun book.

Sure he's no Mel, but be thankful we're not getting fucking Channing Tatum or something.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I liked it. I liked the music, thought it was nice. Voice-over girl was all right in the end too.

You guys just don't appreciate good games.
:what:
Although the music and the girl weren't bad. But the game will be a popamole shit.

hiver

Arrr.... You'll get to upgrade the interceptor the way you like, depending on which NPCs you befriend, what you scavenge.
... upgrading and changing numerous parts of it... they hope every car will be unique... arrr...
and the head butting was good.

Luzur

Good Sir
Arrr.... You'll get to upgrade the interceptor the way you like, depending on which NPCs you befriend, what you scavenge.
... upgrading and changing numerous parts of it... they hope every car will be unique... arrr...
and the head butting was good.

no, not the Interceptor, its the "Magnum Opus".

Roderick

Savant

new trailer.

imagine all the DLC possibilities with car parts!!

AND CAR ASSPLOSHUNSS!!!!

Last edited:

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
shitty popamole takedowns and shakycam "cinematography"....

Well, Fallout got chained to the bed and anally violated. Guess it had to happen to Mad Max eventually, too.

You guys obviously don't understand that the QTEs aren't there just because they look cool, but because they enhance the post-apocalyptic atmosphere! This will be a mature game, you know, not your average Call of Duty, you can't go around killing people left and right in a gritty, desolate and realistic post-apocalyptic environment. Your kills will be few, but they are going to take long and be shown in dramatic camera angles.

Killing is serious business, kid. You can't do it just by pressing a single button. You need to push many buttons in correct order, and do it FAST!

dunno lah

Arcane
From what little I've read on the wiki page, it actually sounds kinda cool. Of course I'm imagining it as some kind of old-school game where you're just plopped somewhere in the wastes and you're free to go wherever, do whatever and you win just by getting back your Pursuit Interceptor.

Edit: Watched the video above: Music sucks ass. WTF West Coast Customs?! What is Pimp My Ride doing here?! Is this game even gonna be set in Australia?

Last edited:

Luzur

Good Sir
From what little I've read on the wiki page, it actually sounds kinda cool. Of course I'm imagining it as some kind of old-school game where you're just plopped somewhere in the wastes and you're free to go wherever, do whatever and you win just by getting back your Pursuit Interceptor.

Edit: Watched the video above: Music sucks ass. WTF West Coast Customs?! What is Pimp My Ride doing here?! Is this game even gonna be set in Australia?

why would Max need the old interceptor when he justs builds a new car with spikes and shit on it, with the token multicultural gang?

DaveO

Erudite
Origin's Auto Duel and SSI's Roadwar series are games that seem to evoke some of the same things that made Mad Max II(aka Road Warrior) popular.

Dick.

Arcane
Game looks like shit, (what a surprise) and just how many fucking XB Falcon coupes exist in Post ITZia that your Interceptor can be stolen right out from under you and you just happen to come across another one! +M

Everything is shit; so here's a pic of a real XB GT:

yellowxbgt.jpg

Luzur

Good Sir
Game looks like shit, (what a surprise) and just how many fucking XB Falcon coupes exist in Post ITZia that your Interceptor can be stolen right out from under you and you just happen to come across another one! +M

Everything is shit; so here's a pic of a real XB GT:

yellowxbgt.jpg

Max's Interceptor was the last of the V8's, so...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom