Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mad Max game from Avalanche Studios

Baron

Arcane
Trailer looks GREAT. Art direction is fantastic, what is wrong with you joyless conservative fun-wraiths. Do you want hexagonal maps, 36 hitpoints and 8 bit opponents with monochrome mohawks? (Don't answer that.)

Personally I'd be happy to kick and punch my way across that landscape, fixing car wrecks* and ramming the bonnet of my car at high speeds into less eloquent Australians. Sure, the sheila doing the voice-over is a bit piss weak, and Max probably will be a dickhead.

ironyuri, ya great flaming pooftah. Grab a slab of half-price piss, summon the spirit of Ray Meagre or Bruce Spence, and let's do a prestigious voice-over to fix this bucket of sheep shit for when it comes out on PC. If they storyline needs a little tweaking, if a certain dramatic license is taken and tastefully raped, then consider it incline. I once modded my friends faces and custom voice packs onto Unreal Tournament, damn did that give it a new lease on life.

* admittedly... by pressing 'X'

buzz

Arcane
Well, it's a game based on a movie franchise. Also made by the guys who made Just Cause 1 and 2 (and those games had lots of movie-like things going for them, like QTEs when hijacking cars). Fail to see what bigger expectations one could have about this.

Ovg

Cipher
Wasn't this supposed to be basically Just Cause 3: Mad Max? Damn :(

We shouldn't get our hopes all down. Maybe it will be just that, if Just Cause sold good enough.

...anyone ever hoped for it to be a real gritty and visceral fallout new vegas level acshun rpg?

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
...anyone ever hoped for it to be a real gritty and visceral fallout new vegas level acshun rpg?
Um, no... that's why I posted in "General gaming." I knew it would be AAA 3rd person, popamole, ackshun game #4,872 but was hoping for something more than QTEs, press X takedowns, etc. I'm a jaded enough gamer to have known better... :oops:

Disgruntled

Savant
Ugh, gotta echo the sentiments already posted. I was holding my breath without much hype, but what little hope i had has been killed off now.

Its almost like a bad parody.
"What would you get if mad max was done by the mainstream video game industry?" *cue groans and muffled laughter as the clip plays out*

buzz

Arcane
At first I was like "hey, this isn't any fucking gameplay reveal man, just cutscenes"
Then I realized that indeed it was gameplay :(

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Completely inappropriate choice of narrator (twenty-something American female? fucking stupid), completely inappropriate music, shitty popamole takedowns, EXPLOSIONS and shakycam "cinematography"....

Well, Fallout got chained to the bed and anally violated. Guess it had to happen to Mad Max eventually, too.

escom

Learned
Mel-Gibson-2-1600.jpg

Luzur

Good Sir
i dont get it, i read the wiki about this 4th movie, and it said Mel will have a cameo role as The Drifter.

does this mean there are 2 Mad Max's in the same desert? or is it some other guy named Max and Max Rockatansky?

Depressing!

This thread requires incline, stat!

OK!

J1M

Arcane
If they are making a new Mad Max movie, then Mel better be the lead.

Diablo169

Arcane
I'm talking about the new film not the game. It'll probably be Troy Baker or Nolan North voicing the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom