Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mad Max game from Avalanche Studios

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Some sort of post apocalypse:?? No originality fallout 3 already did that first.

:troll:
:2/5:

Regarding the game, I hope it has vehicle customization, where you can bolt on pieces of equipment scavenged from enemy wrecks. Some actual survival elements and not just non-stop blasting would be cool too.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Regarding the game, I hope it has vehicle customization, where you can bolt on pieces of equipment scavenged from enemy wrecks. Some actual survival elements and not just non-stop blasting would be cool too.

One of the devs said in an interview (might've been Gamespot? You can still view those on their site) that there's over 50 cars in total, which can be modded with better parts and what not (since apparently the vehicular combat is 'physics-based') - plus the possibility of building a custom car totally from scratch.

Edit: Yup, 1:40 onwards http://us.gamespot.com/e3/mad-max-6409859/

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron

One of the devs said in an interview (might've been Gamespot? You can still view those on their site) that there's over 50 cars in total, which can be modded with better parts and what not (since apparently the vehicular combat is 'physics-based') - plus the possibility of building a custom car totally from scratch.

Edit: Yup, 1:40 onwards http://us.gamespot.com/e3/mad-max-6409859/
:takemymoney:

Fens

Ford of the Llies
Also that annoying brrrrmmm sound is really grating, but that's probably to get all the kiddies...I hope.
that sound is pure fan service... it's the sound from the first movie's chase scene intro

also: steering wheel on the correct (=wrong) side

this might turn out decent

Luzur

Good Sir
There was the NES game, too, which was your usual licensed garbage.

i owned that one once.

but yeah its nice this get some attention again, after the whole "3D animated Mad Max 4 Fury Road" debacle.

what ever happened to that anyway?

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate
At this point I just want an episodic TV show based on "The Road".

I recommend the audio book of "The Road". It's superbly narrated, almost feels like a radio show.

Probably the closest thing to a TV show that you'll ever get.

Who is this Max guy and why is he mad?

Some aussie cop and because thugs killed his friend, wife, kid and dog.

And nobody would get in line to watch "Butthurt Max" anyway.

In any case, according to Cleve the Wizardry 8: Stones of Arnhem guy played the raider who gets his hand cut off by a bladed disc. I wonder if he could get a cameo?

You are now aware you live in an universe where a Mad Max turn-based cRPG does not exist

bert

Arcane
706Nvsx.gif
706Nvsx.gif
706Nvsx.gif
706Nvsx.gif
706Nvsx.gif

706Nvsx.gif

706Nvsx.gif

706Nvsx.gif

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
At least tell me Mel Gibson is doing the voicework? And not that faggot Hardy :(

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
At least tell me Mel Gibson is doing the voicework? And not that faggot Hardy :(
After Mel "wifebeater" Gibson stepped off the map in the last years, I highly doubt that. But it would be heaven.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom