Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mad Max game from Avalanche Studios

Roderick

Savant
So there's a Mad Max open world game coming from the company that did Just Cause

Whiner

Augur
Good trailer,we can finally get good post-apocalyptic game without mutans,zombies,aliens and shit like that.
The only enemy will be THE MAN : x
Probably will be AAA garbage,but I have hopes for this.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Well I don't know about proper, but at least it's made by the Just Cause 2 devs so it probably won't be terribly bad. Still in very early stages so no gameplay anytime soon I guess.

DeepOcean

Arcane
It could be cool, even better if they set the game setting like Mad Max 1, I prefer the fights against machete rape gangs than against crazy Tina Turner.:lol:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
If you watch the teaser its quite clearly based on Mad Max 2, which i suppose would probably work better for a video game, even though the first movie was definitely the superior one. The third one needs to be erased from history.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Is it too early to announce the death of the sequel?

If you watch the teaser its quite clearly based on Mad Max 2, which i suppose would probably work better for a video game, even though the first movie was definitely the superior one.

I agree on both accounts. For what looks to be an open world action game, the second as basis will definetely be better, even though #1 is surperior.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I'm just really, really surprised that it took them this long to turn this into a videogame franchise. You'd think everything would have been raped exploited by now.

Roderick

Savant
I'm just really, really surprised that it took them this long to turn this into a videogame franchise. You'd think everything would have been raped exploited by now.

I think there were attempts at making a Mad Max open World game for a long time now, beacuse of the new movie, but there was always trouble and team changes

Stinger

Arcane
No Aussie accents=no sell.

Also that annoying brrrrmmm sound is really grating, but that's probably to get all the kiddies...I hope.

DemonKing

Arcane
I have to admit there have been pretty interesting games at this year's E3

:notsureifserious:

Honestly I remember looking forward to E3 a decade or so ago but these days there are so few surprises, negligable innovation and so little PC-centric stuff that it's hardly worth the bother.

The trailer is ok, but if great CGI trailers meant equally great games then TOR would be lording it over WoW right now...

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
I'll reserve judgement.

Just Cause 2 got boring super fast. Gameplay is very shallow but grapple / parachute mechanics work well. Actual vehicles handled like shit, gunplay was awful tho.

DeepOcean

Arcane

This could be the result of Warner Bros treating video games more seriously, well, at least, more seriously than shovelware licence based games designed as traps to fool uninformed people with too much money.

lightbane

Arcane
Actually, it was done already... As a jprg :troll:

Borelli

Arcane
Some sort of post apocalypse:?? No originality fallout 3 already did that first.

:troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom