Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info New Knights of the Chalice 2 Development Update

Declinator

Arbiter
Why does this game look so much worse than the previous game?

Why would he choose the worst camera perspective known to exist?

Top-down is the worst perspective? Certainly I'd place it above the wonky Ultima perspective of KotC 1 and sometimes even above (when height does not play much of a part) isometric.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
With a good artist, a tiles 'n tokens RPG would look great. Unfortunately, this costs money.

Ladonna

Arcane
Top down is the best perspective. And I have always loved the whole 'counter' idea he was putting forward.

Top-down is the worst perspective? Certainly I'd place it above the wonky Ultima perspective of KotC 1 and sometimes even above (when height does not play much of a part) isometric.

I'd take the Ultima 7 perspective over the horrible close up, top down view in those screenshots any day

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
...like you're looking at a game board. I dig that. If the machanics are good I can easily overlook a lack of glitz.

A few of those screenshots show dialog windows in front of a shaded landscape with trees and jungle foliage. Take a look I think there is different/better art not shown in the combat screens. The market/village square and dungeon tiles look pretty OK to me as well. Those pies look delicious lol.

Unwanted

Douchebag

Unwanted
I'm not sure if it went that far. I do recall he gave warnings to the non-sycophantic users who pointed out that bundling KotC with his other game in deals is stupid.

Didn't he made a rant about ''trolls'' when this happened too often? Maybe he insta bans now, it's worth trying out.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
There was exactly one incidence (I'm not aware of any other) where he warned me when I said nobody gave a fuck about BotS. Probably in a moment of raging butthurt because he knew inside that it was the truth. Calmed down quickly though. People keep on blowing this out of proportion and make a big deal out of it when it's really not.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Same, I remember one instance, around the time of BoTS. Coming out of that short lived exchange Pierre explained that the purpose of BoTS was as a practical application for experimenting with and refining AI and pathfinding.

He sold BoTS partially as a means for supporters to have a way to kick in some funds to help with KoTC2 development. Many were pushing for crowdfunding or GoG as a means for fans to support his work. Pierre suggested they could do that by buying BoTS since that work directly contributes tech and even code to KoTC2.

So while I understand people getting their panties in a bunch - particularly if they don't know the circumstances or history there, the fact is that he has always been working directly or indirectly on KoTC2.

The one dude he threatened to ban failed to grasp the notion of indirect work and falsely believed that BoTS was an abandonment of KoTC2 when many were clamouring for it. I would have banned him.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom