Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New forum theme

Spazmo

Erudite
No offense to whomever stayed up all night working on it, but it's ugly. I liked the simple layout you had before. Now, everything is too small and the text is in wrong colors.

*Insert more bitching*

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I totally agree. What shits me even more is that ALL the themes default to this ugly ass, overly graphical thing.

Mistress

Liturgist
Ewwwww. Sorry - but this new theme is pretty bad.....there is such a thing as being over the top and too flashy...

Personally, I prefer the simple approach - makes things easier on the eye and pages less of a headache to navigate.

Dan

Liturgist
The new theme is not so good, but it is better then the one with the pink and the shit brown.

I like the colors of the Conspiracy theme but all the buttons and layout is actually subblac3d, which sucks.

Dan

Liturgist
Saint_Proverbius said:
Pink and brown? Sounds to me like you need a new monitor.

Which colors did you use in your rpgcodex theme?
They looked like pink and brown to me.

Spazmo

Erudite
If you're going to keep this... thing, could you at least put links back to the forum and forum index at the bottom of each page?

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Spazmo said:
If you're going to keep this... thing, could you at least put links back to the forum and forum index at the bottom of each page?

I don't know if we're going to keep it or not. The problem is, when this was added, it broke the other themes. :roll:

I think those link things could be added though, I'll bring it up to Exitium.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I dunno. Whatever I'm looking at now is interesting. I do have issues that I can't open a forum and shift-click all the topics I want to read, then read them, reply, close the window and move onto the next one. Instead, I shift-click and it ends up opening a new window AND changing my main window to the thread. It's not my preffered style, it slows me down.

This is better than the pea soup we were all stuck with before though.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Since this subforum is now Participation Award subforum, does anyone have the old (>15 years old) layout backed up somewhere? I would like to see the old, old layout. Probably no one has it anymore but who knows. Tell me at least what forum software you've been using before XenForo, vBulletin?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom