Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New estimated release date posted on Iron Tower forums - April/May 2014

AstroZombie

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin
i7wZBpunpu3mf.jpg

Could use some photoshopping, but I can't even use paint.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer

Vault Dweller

Developer
Why should there be? (not that I care about such things). We've released a combat demo, a full demo, and now are about to release an 'extended' demo (60% of the game).

Tigranes

Arcane
I already got two degrees since AoD went into production, I'm fine as long as it finishes before I get three.

Although if what we saw with Teron was already 33% of the game, and we're now going to see the second 33% or 50% or whatever, seems to me it was never going to be a terribly long or large game, and now I'm wondering how compact it must have been if the delays of 2012-4 are mainly about adding more flesh to the bone.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Why should there be? (not that I care about such things). We've released a combat demo, a full demo, and now are about to release an 'extended' demo (60% of the game).
JC's butthurt about this: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...fines-kickstarter-adventure-game.69252/unread

And I have only one word to say about that:

Good! :smug:
FeelTheRads, I'm not talking about that, but if you brought it up...yes, that is also a good reason. Somebody found it funny to give Broken age a vaporware tag, even though they showed us the game, there is a whole documentary about it. Not a demo, but videos about it. Anyone watching them should see, that the game is under development.

Obviously I'm just teasing VD about this neverending development. But it feels good.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Although if what we saw with Teron was already 33% of the game, and we're now going to see the second 33% or 50% or whatever, seems to me it was never going to be a terribly long or large game...
It wasn't. The focus was on replayability.

... and now I'm wondering how compact it must have been if the delays of 2012-4 are mainly about adding more flesh to the bone.
Not really.

We're a small team, so with one programmer, one artist responsible for everything, one writer, things take a while and even the most mundane tasks still eat a lot of time.

We spent 2012 tweaking the systems and bringing the demo areas to the point where most people were satisfied with them. We released R1 in March and R3 in October. We didn't expect things taking so long, but they did. Then we started working on the rest, but due to various circumstances we did about 70% of the game by August (not 100) and thus weren't able to release this year. So, we decided to release the second 'chapter' this year.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is the extended demo only going to be available to pre-orders?

Yes, although the basic public demo may also be updated at some point with the new systems and features.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom