Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour - yet another Duke Nukem 3D rerelease

Riskbreaker

Megaton Edition was already lacking in features and utterly subpar in comparison to eDuke... that is eDuke32 builds circa 2006-07.
Watch people get excited for another bare bones commercial port from a horrid company tho. Half of them probably thinks that third party source ports are illegal, and are completely unaware of all the existing, free user-made content for Duke 3D.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Duke IP couldn't possibly have fallen into worse hands, and I wouldn't touch anything they produce with it with a ten foot pole.

It's funny considering that Pitchford was a map maker for the "Birth" episode. But I agree, after finishing DNF from the bundle it felt so subpar to original that it almost hurts. 2K Games won't help either, as they like to milk the games until there is nothing left.

As for the remix, they should include with it Plug 'N' Pray episode from Playstation version. It's been so long since people started asking for it, that maybe Gearbox would finally do something about it.

Riskbreaker

they should include with it Plug 'N' Pray episode from Playstation version. It's been so long since people started asking for it, that maybe Gearbox would finally do something about it.
I could swear that someone made eDuke version of it some time ago.

pippin

Yeah I heard they were going to make their own duke 3d and obviously it's going to be shit. Have both steam and gog editions, so I don't really care at this point... I just want the platformers back.

tormund

Arcane
Heh, I actually saw people mentioning how Borderlands humor is similar to Duke 3D. :lol:

BTW, you can bet that their new maps will contain :current year: political and meme culture references...

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Can't wait for those EPIC TBBT references the eduke32 guy was talking about in some forum post.
wzrPQS3.png

Last edited:

tormund

Arcane
Heh, I actually saw people mentioning how Borderlands humor is similar to Duke 3D. :lol:

BTW, you can bet that their new maps will contain :current year: political and meme culture references...

Wait, do they mean the 90s Duke 3D? That doesn't sound right. For starters, the 90s Duke 3D didn't annoy me with its cringy bullshit.
No really, I saw people mentioning that even back when it was first announced that they'll be finishing DNF.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
How much was the Megaton Edition going for before it got taken down?

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
When they shipped Megaton edition without promised multiplayer, delayed it by 2 months, and then continued missing their ever-moving deadlines, I said on Steam forums that these devs are stalling and that they will never give us working multiplayer.

Got promptly banned by dev. Eons later, loaded it up with my cousin - voila, multiplayer! Tried playing co-op - a total shitshow of bugs, desync, lag, etc, and we live in the same area.

And now they removed it from Steam completely. Can't wait for Megaton 20th Anniversary Edition.

It is also funny that it was eDuke32 that had one old build which actually had working co-op.

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Jon St. John doesn't give a single fuck in that trailer, obviously not in a good way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom