Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Castlevania announced

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
It's a pachinko

296879-castlevanias.jpg

Erotic Violence

706bert_snaps_thumb.gif

jb1u8WL1tsrPSU.png

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
At this stage I wouldn't be surprised if The Phantom Pain was the last game Konami put on shelves period. I mean, Metal Gear Solid is the last big money-making IP they have: their Castlevania reboot games have been getting middling reviews and mediocre sales at best, and they shitcanned Silent Hills when Kojima jumped ship. We could be watching their steady withdrawal from the games industry altogether to focus on electronics and pachinko, which I understand they do make a huge profit from.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Castlevania is dead.

Don't believe me? The same thing happened to Suikoden. Konami got people excited with a new announcement and then it was not only a pachinko, but one based off the universally agreed worst Suikoden game.

Waiting for Metal Gear Round: Tactical Ball Action.

Renegen

Arcane
tbh Castlevania never did sell that well, its glory days were on the DS.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom