Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights (NWN & NWN2) Modules Thread

joeydohn

Savant
Did you take a look at the RPG mods sticky? There's a few in there.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Hmmm, I guess the higher difficulty levels in one of the campaigns allowed for the deaths of recruited party members. Or do I remember things wrong?

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I'm going to give Path of Evil a go this weekend, will post impressions. What's Wizard's Apprentice like Shrek?

What does the NWN2 version add?
Can you play a full party in NWN2? Or was it just NWN1 that had that retarded henchman system?

Yes, full party.

And at least in SoZ using the editor you can tweak the amount of characters you have. So a huge party of 6+ characters was possible.

And the Conan one is great. Not sure if the author has released Tower of the Elephant yet.

Saxon1974

Prophet
Are there any recommended NWN or NWN2 forgotten realms mods?

I am looking for an exploration type mod set in the forgotten realms. There are quite a few NWN and NWN2 mods, anyone recommend any that you can explore around in the Forgotten Realms?

I like exploration and challenging combat. Doesn't have to be sandbox world but something with some explorable environments.

Erebus

Arcane
The best FR mod I know is Trinity (for NWN 2). I'm not sure it's exactly what you seek (more than half of it happens in a dungeon), but it's really worth playing. It's set in the Dalelands and you get four companions right from the start.

Wise Emperor

Arcane
As NWN 1 you should try 3 modules by Alazander AL1:Siege of Shadowdale, AL2:Crimson tide of Tethyr and AL3:Tyrants of the Moonsea. They were designed as Premium Modules in mind by a guy from Ossian (Darkness over Daggerford, Mysteries of Westgate for NWN2). Or mod made by Hugie : Perchance to dream, other most are more miss than hit.
If someone know any good good for NWN2, I'm more than interested.

Gord

Arcane
The "A hunt through the Dark" modules (available for both games) are nice. You play as a (male, I think) Drow.
Obviously set in the Underdark.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Path of Evil is okay. You level too quickly and there's too much combat, but you can wander about almost all of Faerun.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
As NWN 1 you should try 3 modules by Alazander AL1:Siege of Shadowdale, AL2:Crimson tide of Tethyr and AL3:Tyrants of the Moonsea. They were designed as Premium Modules in mind by a guy from Ossian (Darkness over Daggerford, Mysteries of Westgate for NWN2). Or mod made by Hugie : Perchance to dream, other most are more miss than hit.
If someone know any good good for NWN2, I'm more than interested.

I think only the third one was actually meant to be a premium module?

Dele

Liturgist
AL3 was supposed to be a premium module, but atari cut the whole premium module program before it was ready for release, AL3 is a bit short but AL 1 and 2 are great.

Stokowski

Arcane
^ AL3 actually stops mid-module. No ending. Nothing. And AL1 is a bit shit - a rather unimaginative conversion of some PnP stuffies.

But the Crimson Tides of Tethyr is one of the best NWN modules there is.

grotsnik

Arcane
I just had a go at this, which has shot straight to the highest ranking of the NWN2 mod listings in the past couple of months.

It's not bad. A spellcaster-oriented mod, with limited resting and perma-death (albeit with 'replenish spell' potions and 'raise dead' scrolls blotted around everywhere) - its main draw is the inventive use of different spells outside combat. So you can cast Clairvoyance to receive information about enemy types in any given area, you can attempt to cast Charm Person, Sleep, or Dominate Person in conversation to overcome potential combatants, you can polymorph into a troll, then use the form as a disguise to negotiate in safety with a group of giants, etc, etc. Unfortunately, the module tends to be unnecessarily overbearing in letting you know when these opportunities have risen ('You have a sudden premonition that you could shoot a Magic Missile at the usable Icicles hanging from the ceiling directly over the troll, if you wanted to make this battle easier on yourself').

The level design's got quite a lot of ambition to it:
nev.jpg

It's still ugly, as only NWN2 can be; in close-ups, particularly, those pointy rock textures look absolutely horrendous. But the scope of the wildernesses is definitely impressive.

The weakest element is the pacing, which is thankfully somewhat mitigated by the variety in enemy encounters. The entire first sequence, in particular, an escape-the-dungeon-crawl with a single Barbarian party member and a level 4 PC, followed by a trek through a couple of wilderness areas, isn't lacking for imagination and even has a couple of small divergent paths...but it just goes on for too fucking long.

Writing is...par, I guess. Nothing too bad, though it could've gone through the copy-editing wringer once more to catch various bits of missing punctuation and the repeated spelling of 'possess' as 'posess'. There are plenty of unique items with detailed descriptions, and a couple of awkward attempts at humour (there's about a dozen NPCs in the main town hub, and the modder decides four of them will be there for nothing other than to make explicit pop-culture references when the player clicks on them. Okay.) The two companions seem to be pressed on you; as with lots of these mods, the limited dialogue pretty much cajoles you into becoming their BFF.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I'm going to replay MotB, and wanted to play around with the companions a little. Does anyone know if there is a companion respec mod released for the OC/MotB?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Don't think you need a mod for this. Can't you use console commands or some kind of savegame editor?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Don't think you need a mod for this. Can't you use console commands or some kind of savegame editor?

Near as I can tell, the character editor only allows me to "de-level" companions to Level 1 in their class. Which isn't really optimal, though it's the solution I'll be using if I can't find another one.

Captain Shrek

I don't know if there is a mod sorry. I am just posting to know why you need it though?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom