Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights (NWN & NWN2) Modules Thread

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
:salute:

If you can do it easy in the toolset there's no reason for a mod though. I can just do it myself.

Now, I'm pretty sure everyone here hated NW1 vanilla campaign. It was shit. The expansions were somewhat better, but still nothing spectacular.

I've recently reinstalled the whole deal (including Community Package) and was looking for a couple of good mods to download.

Any recommendations? There are tons of them on nwvault, and I'm pretty sure a lot of them are shit/pathetic Drizzt fan fiction stuff.

roll-a-die

Magister
Now, I'm pretty sure everyone here hated NW1 vanilla campaign. It was shit. The expansions were somewhat better, but still nothing spectacular.

I've recently reinstalled the whole deal (including Community Package) and was looking for a couple of good mods to download.

Any recommendations? There are tons of them on nwvault, and I'm pretty sure a lot of them are shit/pathetic Drizzt fan fiction stuff.
If you want Lulz a dance with rogues. Hang on I had a list for this at one point lemme check my backups.

Captain Shrek

Well.

I haven't played a lot of them. But Good vs. Evil, Shadewood were alright to go thorough once.

If you want Lulz a dance with rogues. Hang on I had a list for this at one point lemme check my backups.

I'd be grateful.

First thing I got when I searched for Dance with Rogues was tits. I'm sold

It's the Codex, when they call anything made post-00s not shit pigs will fly. Neverwinter Nights OC and Expansions are bad though. The Aurora and the creativity of the community are it's saving graces.
Kinda like the same thing with NWN2, only Mask of the Betrayer is actually well-written and the Aurora Toolset is overly complicated to the point where no one sat his ass down to learn how it worked.

Captain Shrek

Project Eternity has probably turned a lot of lurkers/ /v/irgins to the codex.

I've browsed the Codex for 2 or so years, maybe 3, but only just recently made an account. As much as I can remember the Codex always shat on everything, much like /v/ does the only difference being GD shit is kept in GD. Most of the time.

Both are shitholes but I love this hole far more. :love:

I actually went and bought DA2 since I didn't follow it's development at all and hoped it would be a DA1 with more interesting mobs to fight and less whiny fucks in your party.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
The best mods are the mods that haven't been released.

P.S. L0L Another NWN thread. L0L Yet Codex claimed NWN would be forgotten within months of its release. HAHAHAHA!

Erebus

Arcane
- Dance with rogues is made of great things, of bad things and of all the fetishes of the author (not necessarily in that order). Try it, but be ready for some unusual stuff (to put it mildly). The first half of the module is better than the second one, which suffers from some linear, tacked-on missions. Don't try the second module, it completely neglects the things that made the first one enjoyable.

- Hex Coda is pretty imaginative. It's a pity the second module was left completely unfinished.

- Elegia Eternum and Excrucio Eternum are very good. Elegia is very short and close to being an adventure game.

- Arandie is a quite enjoyable module for a rogue, set in a large world with plenty of possible missions. The heroine is predetermined and she'll gain a single level at most during the whole game. In some ways, it's a bit like Dance with Rogues (sexual content, a lot of attention to details...), but with less crazy, less of a central story and more consistency.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Bastard of Cosigan series starting from Exile in the west if you're not into Frog language, it's like aDwR but with more swordplay and less rape...ADwR has good RP for rogues, second best to Honor among thieves, things like XP gained for removing traps, opening locks and enemies who'll rape you in most untastful way possible if you try to play it as H&S... at least early on. Earlier versions were more heavy on using your skills and stats in dialogue and thus I agree with Dramatic much more :incline: INMHO.

Shadowguard the Official Premium module is good... but only first part was completed.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=5111

This was surprisingly good too. Much faction fighting and C&C.

Kitako

Arcane
I recommend too "A Dance with [motherfucking] Rogues". Beside the lulzy rape and bestiality, it's still the best rogue-centric module around.
Another good rogue-only module is Honor Amongst Thieves, if you like this sort of things.

But the best of the best of NWN modules it's the Prophet saga, recently got to it's conclusion. Warning: no C&C at all, it's for total storyfags.

Prologue - It Cannot Be Denied
Chapter I - By The Will of Kings and Mortals
Chapter II - The Century of Sorrow
Chapter III - That Which is Destined

So far the Bastard of Cosigan is the best one. I also played Prophet and I really liked how they did the atmosphere, first time I had that feeling of creepiness in NWN.

Gonna try out Penultima next. I read the LP of Dance with Rogues, ain't touching that.

Erebus

Arcane
So far the Bastard of Cosigan is the best one.

Yeah, the Kosigan series is pretty good. It's a pity it was left unfinished, but it's still good as it is. Don't know how many of the modules were translated into english, though.

I read the LP of Dance with Rogues, ain't touching that.

That was my reaction at first. But if you look past all the sexual stuff, you'll find that DwR really is brilliant in many ways.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom