Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog's final enhancement - now with new premium modules

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/10/neverwinter-nights-enhanced-edition.html

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Update 1.77

Attention adventurers of Neverwinter. Your nights will now be filled with version 1.77!

Read on for a complete list of changes in this patch.

Features:
  • Three new player-selectable portraits; Heavyline, Skandii, and Lanteri
Fixes:
  • We fixed certain armor pads (specifically, belts and shoulder pads) disappearing when re-equipping a item
  • We fixed a floating point inaccuracy that made the player character skew aside ever so slightly when WASDing.
  • The conversation UI has been fixed to not shift off screen when using UI scaling and having the Inventory/Char sheet open at the same time
  • We fixed a double-free in the PLT system, which has lead to crashes when multiple objects with the same texture would show
  • We fixed held equipment not becoming transparent when the character model did so (for example, when casting Invisibility.)
  • The game now asks you for a CD key, instead of erroring with a confusing message, when Steam CD key retrieval fails for any reason
  • HW Mouse is now the default on Linux, as to avoid WindowManager-related mouse click point offset issues resulting from UI scaling
  • We made all DLC portraits now show up for character creation in all modules, regardless of portrait.2da entries
Content Creation Changes

Features:
  • Toolset: The script editor now shows variables and constant declarations on double click
  • Toolset: The recent modules list has been expanded to 10 entries
  • Toolset: The compiler include limit has been bumped to 128
Fixes:
  • Toolset: Area ambient sounds and music has been brought back to life
  • Toolset: We removed the requirement that the mouse be over an object to translate it on the Z-axis (with Alt+Left Mouse Button)
  • Toolset: The tile properties light select color UI is no longer truncated when using windows-native screen scaling
Server Changes

Fixes:
  • Server resource management on Linux in certain memory configurations has been fixed
  • Crashes in nwscript functions resulting from bad parameters have been addressed: CopyItemAndModify, GetNearestCreatureToLocation
  • A crash when reloading LTRs was fixed
  • Linux only: Database names are now case-insensitive, so DestroyCampaignDatabase() now works as expected
  • Linux/Mac only: We fixed the server spinning a thread needlessly if stdin gets closed

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Lol Daigle is quitting!! It's the end of an era for Beamdog.

Daigle has joined the new Edmonton office of UK gaming tech company Improbable as lead designer: https://www.linkedin.com/in/phillipdaigle/

Concept artist Amy Cornelson (who did some cool art pieces for their canceled proejcts) has also joined there: https://www.linkedin.com/in/amy-cornelson-5300a1a3/

(The Edmonton office of Improbable is established by ex-BioWare boss Aaryn Flynn. It looks like a number of BioWare developers also have joined him.)

Boyd McKenzie, environment artist who did this cool looking env for a canceled project also has left Beamdog, and joined The Coalition (Gears of War IP studio).

On the (probably) bright side, Brent Knowles is project director at Beamdog from last year, whatever project he is directing (don't say the browser version of Axis & Allies): https://www.linkedin.com/in/brentwdknowles/

Design, production and quality assurance work on Planescape Torment Enhanced Edition;started a project director role August 2017

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

"About 2/3 of our team is currently working on Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition": http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/10/october-05-livestream-recap.html

October 05 Livestream Recap

“Congratulations, GOG, on the 10th anniversary!” ~ Trent

During today’s livestream Beamdog CEO Trent Oster and Producer Luke Rideout shared the latest studio news and updates on Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition and the Infinity Engine Enhanced Editions. They called Technical Director on the NWN:EE core team, Bernhard Stöckner (@niv), to talk about the recent patch and what’s next for NWN:EE.

Missed the stream? It's on YouTube and Twitch! Here's a quick summary of the highlights:
  • Beamdog.com now supports bundles! Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Digital Deluxe is being broken up into individual DLCs and will be rebundled. All owners of the current Digital Deluxe will be provisioned with the individual DLCs.
  • The Faces of Good & Evil portrait pack will appear on Beamdog.com soon!
  • Don’t want to miss on Beamdog sales, updates, and contests? Sign up for our newsletter!
  • Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition is on its biggest sale yet on Google Play and the App Store! Get PST:EE for your Android and iOS device at 80% off, and venture forth into the Outer Planes! Act quick, the sale ends Sunday.
  • GOG is celebrating its 10th anniversary! Get all our Infinity Engine Enhanced Editions and soundtracks at up to 75% off!
  • More than 40 people work at Beamdog and the team keeps growing! Check out our current open positions! If you’re a web developer, programmer, or technical artist looking for a new adventure, get in touch!

“After we’re set at the new office, we might stream a tour around it!” ~ Trent
  • The Dice, Camera, Action! voice and portrait pack is well underway!
  • The 2.6 patch for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition will ship at the same time as the Dice, Camera, Action! voice and portrait pack. It’ll include lots of data fixes to spells and resolve a few old bugs, such as the incorrect amount of HPs while importing multiclass characters.
  • We’re happy to have such a fantastic team of volunteer translators! All these people are awesome. If you want to help translate our games, find out more here.
  • While we’re focused on new stories, it doesn’t mean we rule out additions to existing campaigns. That said, we have no current plans to expand the content of Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition.
  • Our best selling title in 2018 is Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition! So many fans bought a copy during the Stream of Many Eyes!

“It’s just fun to work on Neverwinter Nights!” ~ niv
  • Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition was updated to version 1.77 this week. Check out the full patch notes here.
  • We’re focused on major new features for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition: 64bit support, “NWSync”, and bringing NWN:EE to mobile.
  • About 2/3 of our team is currently working on Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition.
  • We’re coming to the end of our core UI pass for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition on Android. We’re adding new features, such as letting players see characters through objects (eg. a pillar).
  • Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition on mobile will support “NWSync” - we want mobile players to fully enjoy online gameplay!
  • We’ve got a gold candidate of Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition for a GOG release. The GOG crew is currently busy with their big anniversary. Stay tuned!
  • New character and weapon models for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition are getting closer! As soon as we’re ready, we’ll be sure to share a few amazing screenshots!
  • Ultimately NWN:EE players will be able to choose between using new enhanced models and legacy models (for older computers).
Excited for what’s next? Come and join the next livestream next Friday!

Last edited:

Bocian

Arcane
Judging by the time it takes them to do such a simple thing as a GOG release and the progress they made all this time the "game" is out, this might be worth purchasing in about 5 years.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Lil doesn't play games anymore, she's only interested in getting attention from her blog.

That's not quite accurate. It is more accurate to say that I mostly enjoy them in so far as I blog about them (because I enjoy writing, expanding my influence/generating butthurt). I have covered two large NWN2 campaigns in the last few days, f.e.

If I was just after attention, I wouldn't be covering a game barely anyone plays and moreover mods that only a fraction of a specific community plays.

Instead, I would be covering Pathfinder and whatever other current gen crap's come out lately.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I only noticed this enhanced version today when looking at free demos on gog. At first I thought the free NWN freebies was for what I already owned (since I just clicked and didn’t read) and then I realized I couldn’t get the freebies as I said I didn’t own the enhanced edition.

And god that list for everything is big so of course there is an Ultimate Edition for $34 or something atm.

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Digital Deluxe Edition
Awaiting more ratings

-35%

Or just search on GOG Neverwinter Nights enhanced edition. Jesus fuck!

Has anyone here bought the full package and played multiplayer? How does it compare to the original?

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I take it Beamdog isn’t alone in this type of market to peddle to consumers? Go figure.

Cael

Arcane
I take it Beamdog isn’t alone in this type of market to peddle to consumers? Go figure.
Been around since the year dot. The Golden Gate Bridge has been sold a few dozen times now, as had the Statue of Liberty and other landmarks.

It is just that this generation of fucktards proudly parade their "acquisition" in full view of the dumbstruck general public.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
In many ways (not all), NWN2 has already been NWN:EE for years.

If people care about shaders, VFX, terrain scultping and most other visual stuff except player char models/anims, then NWN2 wins.
Full party control? NWN2 wins.
Tactical cam and control? NWN2 wins.
Overland map/trading? NWN2 wins.
User Interface and its modability? NWN2 wins. (a given, though it's also worth mentioning that you can check your UI modding on the fly, without restarting game)
Ruleset customizability? NWN2 wins.
Crafting? NWN2 wins.
Strongholds? NWN2 wins.
Utility modules? NWN2 wins.
Itemization? You can add many more mods to items. NWN2 wins.
Toolset? If you bother to learn it, it's way more powerful. NWN2 wins.
Compatability on modern OS/hardware? Varies from setup to setup, but NWN2 probably wins overall by virtue of being more modern.

NWN2 also has MotB.

It depends what you want out of your game. Ideally, one has both for all the great mods.

But as it stands, EE doesn't offer much so sticking with Diamond/NWN2 is not going to mean you miss out.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Another thing: In NWN2 you can order custom content into descriptively-named subfolders (except haks, they won't be read).

So you can organize all your overrides, mods and campaigns into subfolders.

NWN:EE is adding this (maybe it has it now because of My Docs incorporation) but NWN2 had it for years already.

You can read more about Electron/NWN2 advantages here.

Two-thirds of Beamdog employees (42, soon to be 46) are working on NWN:EE. But Beamdog are banking on multi-player side, NWSync (Niv thinks it'll be the biggest enhancement since 1.69), and smartphone/tablet conversions more than single-player stuff like adventures and campaigns. Ossian are redoing monster models, too. But NWN2 is already there:

hydra1.jpg

scorpion.jpg

reflections2.jpg

Also, good luck ever getting NWN:EE to look this good:

Which is what the casuals are gonna want.

Oh, look, NWN2 has ceilings in stock campaign:

NWN2 shadows:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom