Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog's final enhancement - now with new premium modules

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/04/april-20-livestream-recap.html

April 20 Livestream Recap

“The future for NWN:EE is very exciting!” ~ Trent

Beamdog CEO Trent Oster and Studio Director Phillip Daigle shared the latest Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition, Infinity Engine and Beamdog news during today’s livestream.

Missed the stream? It's on YouTube and Twitch! Here's a quick summary of the highlights:
  • Our Infinity Engine titles are on the GOG Most Wanted sale. Save up to 80% off games, DLC, and soundtracks!
  • The Baldur’s Gate: Faces of Good and Evil portrait pack is now available on GOG. The portrait pack will come to beamdog.com along with a refreshed website.
  • The Baldur’s Gate: Complete Saga bundle is now available on the App Store. The Complete Saga bundles together Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Siege of Dragonspear, and Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition into one fantastic package! A similar offer is not available on Android as Google Play doesn’t yet have app bundle features.
  • We’re still hiring! We’re looking for people with console and controller experience! Keep an eye on our job page for updated listings.
  • The 2.5 patch for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition, Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition are still in the works. We plan to have the final 2.5 updates start rolling out towards the end of this month.

Run, Phil, run!
  • We released a new development build for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition this week. v8168 focuses on bug-fixing and brings a few new features. Among other things, movie playback on case-sensitive file systems (Linux) and languages with mismatching case movie files has been fixed. SDL has been updated to fix more of the remaining window handling/fullscreen issues. The multiplayer server browser now default-sorts by player count, descending. Check out the full notes for the build here.
  • We’re in close contact with Intel about crashing issues in Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition related to Intel Integrated GPU. Hopefully in collaboration with Intel we’ll be able to solve the problem.
  • We’ve had conversations internally about the rate “remains” spawn in NWN:EE. We’ll look into how it can be improved.

Sometimes during livestreams Phil jumps in NWN:EE persistent servers. Catch him in the game!
  • There’s stuff in the works for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition we’re not ready to announce yet. If you’re interested in certain features you would like to see in NWN:EE, suggest them on our forums and vote on the Input Trello board. If you encounter a bug, please report it on our bug tracker.
  • A new Toolset for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition is built in the new version of C++ builder. We’re modifying the Toolset and adding support for new graphics while in the same time making sure everything works fine. One of the things we’ve played with is the Toolset’s ability to open unpacked modules. You need to have it unpacked in a directory the same name as the .mod file (without the .mod extension). We hope a lot of options for modders will be possible with this feature!
  • Check out 48 new sample Great Axe models just uploaded to the Steam Workshop. Now the Great Axe models from Neverwinter Nights support normal and spec information. All of these pieces are modular and can be mixed and matched, showing what can be done when normal and spec information is applied to weapons.
Excited for what’s next? Come and join the next livestream next Friday!

Last edited by a moderator:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
How does this portraits racket work - they pay some guy who made portraits for the rights to sell them in their portrait pack? I'm sure I've seen those in my google searches. They are certainly not original (as is the case with mostly everything beamdog charges money for).

Last edited:

Cael

Arcane
How does this portraits racket work - they pay some guy who made portraits for the rights to sell them in their portrait pack? I'm sure I've seen those in my google searches. They are certainly not original (like mostly everything else beamdog charges money for).
Won't put it past them to just steal and if someone makes a noise, pay them off later.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Most likely steal something,change it a little bit,put a trade mark and sell it. I am curious who will buy this pack,it have two niggers,two cucks and two asian women.

Naesaki

Novice
The portraits don't even look all that good to begin with, there's much better stuff out there and for free. Only people I can even see buying this are the one's who convince themselves they have to 'support beamdog' no matter what.

€2 for a few portaits is just insulting.

Really something like that should be given away as free dlc as a sign of goodwill. "Hey these guys supported our game, lets give them some free portaits." But that is sadly far too optimistic.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
When I checked closely, Beamdog have actually credited the portraits to Kieran Yanner. The three male ones have been in circulation, originating from Yanner's site, and the three female portraits seem to be brand new.

Cael

Arcane
When I checked closely, Beamdog have actually credited the portraits to Kieran Yanner. The three male ones have been in circulation, originating from Yanner's site, and the three female portraits seem to be brand new.
Copyright laws prevents you from PROFITTING out of someone else's work without their permission. Just because you credit someone for his works does NOT give you the right to SELL them.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Copyright laws prevents you from PROFITTING out of someone else's work without their permission. Just because you credit someone for his works does NOT give you the right to SELL them.
I don't know what the arrangement is between Yanner and Beamdog of course. Yanner has an email on his site, write and ask him if you are so curious.

If the three female portraits have been comissioned by Beamdog though, I assume Yanner is in on the whole DLC thing, if not even getting a profit.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
They could've only asked for permission to use his portraits and he might've agreed to let Beamdog use them without pay because he thought it would be good PR. That's a terrible move, obviously, but it could've happened and does happen with young artists struggling for recognition (maybe if they were better they wouldn't struggle with that, but that's neither here nor there). It's not like they couldn't use anyone else's and they could've easily found another gullible young person to leech off of. Not that I know whether he is young or not, but you get what I mean.

Lacrymas

Arcane
One mediocrity after the next, wonderful track record. My point was that they could've easily contacted a random young person (who I have no doubt will be able to do this exact same thing, probably even better than him) and enticed them to give them permission to use the portraits. I guess they did pay him, though, if he's the same person that did PoE's thing.

AwesomeButton

Patron
mediocrity
:nocountryforshitposters:

http://www.kieranyanner.com/pcdo6gjtfjnerxzhs001h7pccm3ela

ProjectEternity_Final.jpg

Lacrymas

Arcane
Kitschy and typical fantasy fare. It features not 1, not 2, but 3 orange-y glowy bits on people while they are bathed in an orange-y glowy aura. It also has tentacles and clawing undead/zombie hordes, we haven't seen those before. I guess it could've been more over-drawn than it is, but that's a faint comfort. That doesn't mean it's bad, it's obviously functional, it's just nothing interesting or special.

Last edited:

Cael

Arcane
I don't know what the arrangement is between Yanner and Beamdog of course. Yanner has an email on his site, write and ask him if you are so curious.

If the three female portraits have been comissioned by Beamdog though, I assume Yanner is in on the whole DLC thing, if not even getting a profit.
Maybe, maybe not. Not my business either way. However, given how cuckdog milks everything and everyone of every scrap of cash they can lay their hands on, my reaction to that can be summed up by:

200w.gif

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Pretty cool picture there. But who are those people,from what game this is?

Edit:Ok i just looked at his site and was baffaled why they decided to pick his worst possible works and try to sell them. Also he is not very good at making solo males,most of them look like faggot's wet dream.

Last edited:

The Avatar

Pseudodragon Studios
Developer
Played this for about a week. This game is just bad. The plot is soooo bad. The NPCs are uninteresting. The pathfinding is buggy. People say "Oh the original campaign isn't very good. Go play the expansions and premium modules". Nope, they're just as much trash. The only redeeming aspect is the variety of mechanics in the 3.0 rulset which is the only reason I played as long.

Not even Beamdog's fault really. They're just trying to polish a turd.

Cael

Arcane

Pretty cool picture there. But who are those people,from what game this is?

Edit:Ok i just looked at his site and was baffaled why they decided to pick his worst possible works and try to sell them. Also he is not very good at making solo males,most of them look like faggot's wet dream.
Like the second hero from the right? The one holding a gun?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom