Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog's final enhancement - now with new premium modules

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Here are a few mods I have covered:

mods.jpg

The Great ThunThun*

How DARE you!?
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Sheesh.

This is what they mean when they say don't take Vidya too seriously. Instead of talking about tips to breeze through bad games we have people who dedicate their whole life to shitty games modding and expanding them and telling us what to do.

Seriously Guys, at least make good content for quality games like TOEE. Wtf.

I saw deleted post too. Just some sperg about Kit Walker being worhless noname, while Lilura being useful contributor of something about Aurora.
Whats the big deal? :lol:

Cael

Arcane
I saw deleted post too. Just some sperg about Kit Walker being worhless noname, while Lilura being useful contributor of something about Aurora.
Could you be a "useful contributor" to something when people just laugh at the stuff you make up and at you for being a complete asshat? :D

Reinhardt

Arcane
I almost paid to DU to get autism button and rate last pages, but now i don't need it. Good old codex.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Seriously, who the hell goes around stating that he has a masters in English as though it meant that his word is Final Law? This is the Internet. I can claim that I have PhDs in Law, Commerce, Biology, Geology, Astronomy, Chemistry, Engineering, Management and Arts, but does it make it true? Of course not.
An English degree is actually one of the most worthless things you can have. When Lil talks about it, she's talking about how she comes from so much wealth that she can afford to spend so much time mastering an additional language; an "I have money and ability" boast folded into one.
Soo she is nerdy,asian,psychotic with sparkle of god complex,and rich on top of that. I am surprised that we haven't held a tournament for her hand in marriage. If only she was not on the other end of the world i could have tried my charms hitting on her.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Seriously, who the hell goes around stating that he has a masters in English as though it meant that his word is Final Law? This is the Internet. I can claim that I have PhDs in Law, Commerce, Biology, Geology, Astronomy, Chemistry, Engineering, Management and Arts, but does it make it true? Of course not.
An English degree is actually one of the most worthless things you can have. When Lil talks about it, she's talking about how she comes from so much wealth that she can afford to spend so much time mastering an additional language; an "I have money and ability" boast folded into one.
Most people I know with science degrees (NOT medicine) teach high school. One exception went to work for the FBI and completely disappeared. A few that went to an elite college (i.e. CalTech) are now college professors. One teaches mathematics at Cornell, and the other teaches physics in Denmark.
Most people I know with English degrees are either millionaires, college professors or at least teach community college.
Most people I know with history or political science degrees either went to law school or teach high school. Note that going to law school doesn't mean they ended up successful as lawyers.
Most of the (mostly white, some Asian) women that I went to school with careers ended up working for either the federal or state government (either as lawyers, surveyors or lobbyists).
The ones that stuck with med school (mostly East Asian or Desi women) not surprisingly ended up becoming doctors. Although it's surprising that the girl who got a B in physics is now a gynecologist, while the girl who was the high school valedictorian and went to an Ivy League school is now an anesthesiologist.
A lot of the people I knew growing up ended up in tech.
- Those that I went to college with and graduated from EECS either ended up working for Intel, Google or some internet start-up; some supposedly have patents that make them millionaires
- I also knew a lot of classmates that dropped out of EECS to start working without graduating, but I'm not sure what they do now
- About half the people I went to elementary school and jr. high with ended up working for a very famous gaming company in Orange County.
- My college classmate got his masters degree in mechanical engineering. After he graduated he moved to Japan and became a game developer for Konami since he's Japanese and his brother also worked for Konami.

Last edited:

Cael

Arcane
Soo she is nerdy,asian,psychotic with sparkle of god complex,and rich on top of that. I am surprised that we haven't held a tournament for her hand in marriage. If only she was not on the other end of the world i could have tried my charms hitting on her.
Dear Lord, are you insane? I went out with a couple of mainlander girls like that. Never again. The first one, I thought was an anomaly. The second one confirmed that it wasn't.

Trust me, buddy, avoid, avoid, avoid unless you are willing to spend your entire life as: (WARNING! NSFW!)

dominatrix-holding-leash-around-mans-neck-picture-id74854466

Cael

Arcane
Most people I know with science degrees (NOT medicine) teach high school. One exception went to work for the FBI and completely disappeared. A few that went to an elite college (i.e. CalTech) are now college professors.
Most people I know with English degrees are either millionaires, college professors or at least teach community college.
Most people I know with history or political science degrees either went to law school or teach high school. Note that going to law school doesn't mean they ended up successful as lawyers.
Most of the (mostly white, some Asian) women that I went to school with careers ended up working for either the federal or state government (either as lawyers, surveyors or lobbyists).
The ones that stuck with med school (mostly East Asian or Desi women) not surprisingly ended up becoming doctors. Although it's surprising that the girl who got a B in physics is now a gynecologist, while the girl who was the high school valedictorian and went to an Ivy League school is now an anesthesiologist.
A lot of the people I knew growing up ended up in tech.
- Those that I went to college with and graduated from EECS either ended up working for Intel, Google or some internet start-up; some supposedly have patents that make them millionaires
- I also knew a lot of classmates that dropped out of EECS to start working without graduating, but I'm not sure what they do now
- About half the people I went to elementary school and jr. high with ended up working for a very famous gaming company in Orange County.
- My college classmate got his masters degree in mechanical engineering. After he graduated he moved to Japan and became a game developer for Konami since he's Japanese and his brother also worked for Konami.
- the litany of a failure and a loser at life (also known as the Chant of the "Would You Like Fries With That" Brigade)

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Dear Lord, are you insane? I went out with a couple of mainlander girls like that. Never again. The first one, I thought was an anomaly. The second one confirmed that it wasn't.

Trust me, buddy, avoid, avoid, avoid unless you are willing to spend your entire life as: (WARNING! NSFW!)

dominatrix-holding-leash-around-mans-neck-picture-id74854466
There is no sweater experience than breaking a powerful woman.:obviously: Also i do have fucked up taste in women,a little bit of insanity is always welcome. At least that way you are not surprised when you find your house on fire and cops surrounding it. Whit crazy bitches you both know where you stand by default.

Also i finished the first chapter of NWN EE,really pissed at the game,you still can't kill the fat useless lord never and fuck Aribeth.:decline:

Cael

Arcane
There is no sweater experience than breaking a powerful woman.:obviously: Also i do have fucked up taste in women,a little bit of insanity is always welcome. At least that way you are not surprised when you find your house on fire and cops surrounding it. Whit crazy bitches you both know where you stand by default.

Also i finished the first chapter of NWN EE,really pissed at the game,you still can't kill the fat useless lord never and fuck Aribeth.:decline:
... You've never played the original?

And no, you can't kill him because they need him to be even MORE of a badly written useless, sanctimonious son of a bitch in the sequel. Seriously, if I played my character true to form in the sequel, I would have seceded Crossroad Keep from Neverwinter and burnt the palace down around his ears. Of course, they figured out that that would be the case with most players, given the unbearably arrogant tinpot dictator they made him out to be, so they never allowed it or gave you the choice.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

... You've never played the original?

And no, you can't kill him because they need him to be even MORE of a badly written useless, sanctimonious son of a bitch in the sequel. Seriously, if I played my character true to form in the sequel, I would have seceded Crossroad Keep from Neverwinter and burnt the palace down around his ears. Of course, they figured out that that would be the case with most players, given the unbearably arrogant tinpot dictator they made him out to be, so they never allowed it or gave you the choice.
The key word in my post is "STILL". I have replayed the game with its expansion at least tow times. When it comes to Never i have him because is a useless arrogant buffoon that couldn't tie his shoes. Also he decided to kill Aribeth instead of giving her to me at the end. I could have easily slathered my way trough his pitiful city,garbage ruler. Still the game have some pretty solid writing,mainly the companions. You don't get some branching paths dialogue,but you do get some pretty good small stories. 15 years later i still remember quite a few of them and give a small chuckle when i re read them. The story as a whole was pretty decent when it came out,the ancient lizards and all that shit were novelty.

PS:The best thing in the first chapter is the option to kill the sjw communist bitch in the nobles district.

Cael

Arcane
The key word in my post is "STILL". I have replayed the game with its expansion at least tow times. When it comes to Never i have him because is a useless arrogant buffoon that couldn't tie his shoes. Also he decided to kill Aribeth instead of giving her to me at the end. I could have easily slathered my way trough his pitiful city,garbage ruler. Still the game have some pretty solid writing,mainly the companions. You don't get some branching paths dialogue,but you do get some pretty good small stories. 15 years later i still remember quite a few of them and give a small chuckle when i re read them. The story as a whole was pretty decent when it came out,the ancient lizards and all that shit were novelty.

PS:The best thing in the first chapter is the option to kill the sjw communist bitch in the nobles district.
Dude, they changed precisely NOTHING in the EE. It was basically a cash grab.

I always did the quest for the sjw because it gave better XP and reward, I think. It was either that or alignment points. I can't remember exactly.

The companion dialogues were hilarious, and the ancient lizards were basically sarrukhs, which do exist in canon Realms lore. By the end of NWN, you should be powerful enough to rescue Aribeth by force, should it come to that. You just assaulted an entire world of psycho lizards powerful enough to grant cleric spells to their faithful. What is Neverwinter compared to that? The mere threat of violence should be enough for even the Many Starred Druggies to go, "Uh-oh. Give him what he wants, you moron!" It is just that the game never allowed you to, which is a shame.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected

This specific sentence reads like a line from a meme-generator :D

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Dude, they changed precisely NOTHING in the EE. It was basically a cash grab.

I always did the quest for the sjw because it gave better XP and reward, I think. It was either that or alignment points. I can't remember exactly.

The companion dialogues were hilarious, and the ancient lizards were basically sarrukhs, which do exist in canon Realms lore. By the end of NWN, you should be powerful enough to rescue Aribeth by force, should it come to that. You just assaulted an entire world of psycho lizards powerful enough to grant cleric spells to their faithful. What is Neverwinter compared to that? The mere threat of violence should be enough for even the Many Starred Druggies to go, "Uh-oh. Give him what he wants, you moron!" It is just that the game never allowed you to, which is a shame.
I couldn't agree more,except that you charge a world if lizard people with you henchman :lol:.

Does anyone here knows how to disable the day/night cycle in the game?

Lhynn

Arcane
Humility aside (it's hypocrisy when you're as good as I am), I am the most prolific commentator in the history of the Infinity, Aurora and Electron engines. No one has come before me and no one will come after.
That says more about those games than it says about you.:M

Lhynn

Arcane
I don't know who rogueknight is, nor, as I have said, would it make any difference. I don't do the whole celebrity thing.
Stop being retarded. this isnt a celebrity thing. Its about people that have gone indepth about the meta of the game, and that you havent even scratched the surface.

Cael

Arcane
I don't know who rogueknight is, nor, as I have said, would it make any difference. I don't do the whole celebrity thing.
Stop being retarded. this isnt a celebrity thing. Its about people that have gone indepth about the meta of the game, and that you havent even scratched the surface.
Yes, yes, yes. Like how Cate Blanchett went indepth into how we are all killing the environment and are all evil carbon polluting bastards. Gimme a break.

Dzupakazul

Arbiter
Yes, yes, yes. Like how Cate Blanchett went indepth into how we are all killing the environment and are all evil carbon polluting bastards. Gimme a break.
rogueknight333 is an acclaimed module creator for NWN. Like, he literally made some of the best stuff for this game, so he kinda can be assumed to know his shit.
Cate Blanchett is an actress. She might not know very much about the environment, merely take an interest in environmental issues and possess some level of education here and there, but most definitely not enough to be an actual expert. It's not a celebrity thing, because nobody here is considering the authority of someone based solely on their social status, but through actual meritocracy.
But here, within this sphere, you're basically doing something akin to telling Vault Dweller that he has no experience with creating RPG systems and that you are not interested in his worthless opinion.
Do you see the problem?
And it's not even that you possess some arcane knowledge about the subject that everyone else hasn't figured out yet - you have like 6 people disagreeing with what you're saying, and at least one of them can be literally certified to be an expert. It would help if your first reaction to people disagreeing with you on this matter - or in many other discussions, such as on D&D 3.5, RTSes and a whole bunch of other stuff - wasn't to immediately assume they lack knowledge and that they're retarded.
Like, I'm all for bants, but yours are supported with the equivalent of being OG Loc with a nerf gun at a Grove Street Families reunion. You are argumentative to a fault, and that fault tends to be that every single one of your arguments hinges on "Well, that never happened to me, and if it happens to you, you probably most certainly have 47 chromosomes."

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom