Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog's final enhancement - now with new premium modules

Jason Liang

Arcane
Honestly I think he has some sort of ADD that makes reading difficult for him

Does that make him retarded? Maybe

Cael

Arcane
Honestly I think he has some sort of ADD that makes reading difficult for him

Does that make him retarded? Maybe
Says the one who was rated "retarded" about the one who was not.

I know you mainlanders like to read things backwards, but that takes the cake.

vazha

Arcane
Play Swordflight. It is right down RPG Codex alley.
May I ask why have you been giving shit & retarded ratings to Cael and Liang over the last 15 pages? And in perfect order, no less. Cael is shit, Liang is retarded. Is it because they're heretics who in their ignorance dont realize you are the one and only expert when it comes NWN?
He is on my ignore list. It is his petty and childish way of getting back at me for daring to ignore his words of ultimate wisdom. Think nothing of it. I certainly don't.
and the other guy? Because he/she rates your posts shit, but his - retarded. What's the system behind it?

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Oh, I remember now. Cael got butthurt because he found out that I have a blog that garnered 1 mil views last year, just by covering Infinity, Aurora and Electron. I posted proof of viewership the other day: 100,000 xvarts chunked for this month already...

Poor Cael. Forever shitposting, never to be read.

Cael

Arcane
Play Swordflight. It is right down RPG Codex alley.
May I ask why have you been giving shit & retarded ratings to Cael and Liang over the last 15 pages? And in perfect order, no less. Cael is shit, Liang is retarded. Is it because they're heretics who in their ignorance dont realize you are the one and only expert when it comes NWN?
He is on my ignore list. It is his petty and childish way of getting back at me for daring to ignore his words of ultimate wisdom. Think nothing of it. I certainly don't.
and the other guy? Because he/she rates your posts shit, but his - retarded. What's the system behind it?
No idea about the other guy. That is between the two of them and since half of that pair has been on ignore since like November 1 last year, I have absolutely no idea what their relationship is.

Lhynn

Arcane
Cael, bro. you are trying to argue people that have close to thousands of hours in this game when you really should just be listening to what they have to say and nodding.

Cael

Arcane
Cael, bro. you are trying to argue people that have close to thousands of hours in this game when you really should just be listening to what they have to say and nodding.
Arguing? With whom? Lilura? That is not possible. He's been on my ignore list since I saw his arrogant boasting about his blog as though that somehow gave him any legitimacy. That is like following everything Kim Kardashian says as though it was Gospel. That the arrogant boasting was a self-referential response to someone else disagreeing with him just made it that much worse. To anyone of high school learning and above, the circular reasoning of "I am right because my blog says so, my blog is right because I said so" is obvious. Only an uneducated buffoon would do such a thing.

So, no, I can't be arguing with him because I have not seen anything he has written for about as long as I have been here.

Lhynn

Arcane
Arguing? With whom? Lilura?
Nope. rogueknight333 knows a lot about the game, Jason Liang also seems to have played a lot.

Neverwinter is a very complex game, and it feels like every argument you put forward comes from someone that has barely scratched the surface of what the game has to offer. It is not enough to know the system, bugs and engine mechanics also have a huge influence on how combat plays out. Like, how you people speak of discipline as if it was this amazing thing, when it can be downright useless even when maxed if you are not boosting it with epic feats or epic items on top of that.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Ignoring active people is stupid and just meh. I ignore only two glorious assholes and only because they never write about games and only spam rate. If they were actively posting i wouldn't have ignored them.

Naesaki

Novice
Life's too short to make use of the ignore function, just think of all the entertainment value that you'll then miss out on! :D

Cael

Arcane
Ignoring active people is stupid and just meh. I ignore only two glorious assholes and only because they never write about games and only spam rate. If they were actively posting i wouldn't have ignored them.
Life is too short to want to deal with obvious OCD infected, autistic, arrogant shitheads who believe that what he says is the word of God Himself and get into childish and immature hissy fits when others disagree. Having spent quite a bit of time around mainlander chinese and their obsession with their own supposed manifest greatness, and Indonesians and their pancat gila nonsense, I have neither the time nor patience to deal with such rot. Far better to put them on ignore so I don't have to deal with them.

Cael

Arcane
Arguing? With whom? Lilura?
Nope. rogueknight333 knows a lot about the game, Jason Liang also seems to have played a lot.

Neverwinter is a very complex game, and it feels like every argument you put forward comes from someone that has barely scratched the surface of what the game has to offer. It is not enough to know the system, bugs and engine mechanics also have a huge influence on how combat plays out. Like, how you people speak of discipline as if it was this amazing thing, when it can be downright useless even when maxed if you are not boosting it with epic feats or epic items on top of that.
Neverwinter is a game. Play how you like it. If you have to exploit every bug and engine mechanics to win it, you are playing it wrong.

If Jason Liang has played the game a lot, he would know that you don't hang around waiting for level 40 (his Wiz 17) to get Mord Disjunc as he did. The game doesn't start at level 40. Every one of his arguments only starts happening after the game has basically ended. You don't plan a level 40 build in NWN. You plan a level 27 at the most.

I don't know who rogueknight is, nor, as I have said, would it make any difference. I don't do the whole celebrity thing.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Life is too short to want to deal with obvious OCD infected, autistic, arrogant shitheads who believe that what he says is the word of God Himself and get into childish and immature hissy fits when others disagree. Having spent quite a bit of time around mainlander chinese and their obsession with their own supposed manifest greatness, and Indonesians and their pancat gila nonsense, I have neither the time nor patience to deal with such rot. Far better to put them on ignore so I don't have to deal with them.
You just described two thirds of the codex mate :lol:. Every asshole here knows that he knows best.

Cael

Arcane
You just described two thirds of the codex mate :lol:. Every asshole here knows that he knows best.
I haven't seen anyone go psycho like that one does.

Thing is, obvious trolls like that nodar character are amusing. He never made it to my ignore list despite him doing enough to get himself banned.

Lilura, on the other hand, is another level altogether. Some of the people on my ignore list is because I don't want to see their spam cluttering up my alert notifications. Others are so that I save myself the trouble and don't reply to them when they won't see it. Lilura is just about the only one who was put on the ignore list because of his overblown ego. Seriously, who the hell goes around stating that he has a masters in English as though it meant that his word is Final Law? This is the Internet. I can claim that I have PhDs in Law, Commerce, Biology, Geology, Astronomy, Chemistry, Engineering, Management and Arts, but does it make it true? Of course not. The only thing it shows is his insecurity and smallmindedness. His childish and immature campaign of rating everything I post is another perfect example. It is telling that he prevents others from seeing the ratings that he himself had received because the kind of brattish crap he pulls would likely have garnered a corresponding response.

No, I don't think that he is anywhere close to 2/3 of the codex. He transcends them with his "mo kah kaw sai lo tsai" shit, to use a Cantonese term.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Humility aside (it's hypocrisy when you're as good as I am), I am the most prolific commentator in the history of the Infinity, Aurora and Electron engines. No one has come before me and no one will come after.

As I declared to the reddit rabble: If you think you can challenge me in this sphere, start blogging. You will be crushed by my King Content.

I have covered no fewer than 20 modules for NWN, in-depth. No one who posts against me has covered even one module, in-depth.

Unsolicited, I have promoted NWN modules not just on my blog, but also on Vault, reddit, gog, 'Dex, Beamdog, Watch and ECB. I have been a warrior for custom content that I consider to be top-tier.

Am I an authority on NWN? Of course. I am an authority on Electron, too. And I am THE authority on Infinity. My write-ups and readership prove it.

Disagree? Take me to task / Cite your write-ups and audience. Again, you will be crushed and have to return to being lost in the shuffle / shitposting in mega-threads under an alt, after I paint you as a baboon in response to your impudence.

Ash

Arcane
Lilura's video gaming elitism is a bit of a turn on, even if I want to force her to make me a sandwich and then bitch-slap her with it because some of the things she says.

I always wanted a video game nerd gf. A real one. Not "I love videogames! Like Skyrim and Assassins Creed!". Instead I end up with 'normies' that like the top 40 pop charts, dancing, MTV, mobile games and other such banal pandering shite
:negative:

Am I an authority on NWN? Of course. I am an authority on Electron, too. And I am THE authority on Infinity. My write-ups and readership prove it.

You can be a voice of authority via having an informed opinion, a good understanding of the subject matter after much study, a fair degree of general intelligence behind it etc, but you can never be THE authority unless you wrote the rulebook!

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Seriously, who the hell goes around stating that he has a masters in English as though it meant that his word is Final Law? This is the Internet. I can claim that I have PhDs in Law, Commerce, Biology, Geology, Astronomy, Chemistry, Engineering, Management and Arts, but does it make it true? Of course not.
An English degree is actually one of the most worthless things you can have. When Lil talks about it, she's talking about how she comes from so much wealth that she can afford to spend so much time mastering an additional language; an "I have money and ability" boast folded into one.

Cael

Arcane
You can be a voice of authority via having an informed opinion, a good understanding of the subject matter after much study, a fair degree of general intelligence behind it etc, but you can never be THE authority unless you wrote the rulebook!
Being knowledgeable about something is not necessarily an authority on it, at least not in the meaning in which the authority is listened to, heard and followed. You are a voice of authority only when you are respected for your opinions. A lone voice barking in the wilderness is no authority on anything.

A person who professes to know everything about something do not need to denigrate his audience nor his questioners. That is where the SJWs and the greenies fail time and again, if you want to use a real world example. He will discuss, show examples, give data and debate. And in the end, if the questioner is too stubborn, he can agree to disagree, or if the questioner starts the name calling, then he is well within his rights to retaliate in turn. But to arrogantly dismiss people for questioning and showing nothing but contempt for his audience, that is not the sign of someone knowledgeable in something but someone who is desperately trying to cover up the fact he knows nothing behind the "how dare you question me! Don't you know who I am?" excuse.

vazha

Arcane
Humility aside (it's hypocrisy when you're as good as I am), I am the most prolific commentator in the history of the Infinity, Aurora and Electron engines. No one has come before me and no one will come after.

As I declared to the reddit rabble: If you think you can challenge me in this sphere, start blogging. You will be crushed by my King Content.

I have covered no fewer than 20 modules for NWN, in-depth. No one who posts against me has covered even one module, in-depth.

Unsolicited, I have promoted NWN modules not just on my blog, but also on Vault, reddit, gog, 'Dex, Beamdog, Watch and ECB. I have been a warrior for custom content that I consider to be top-tier.

Disagree? Take me to task / Cite your write-ups and audience. Again, you will be crushed and have to return to being lost in the shuffle / shitposting in mega-threads under an alt, after I paint you as a baboon in response to your impudence.

Cael

Arcane

Bwahahahaha! Monty Python. I love those guys. Brilliant improv and word play, although their sight gags are a bit hit and miss. Cleese parlay'd it well into a stream of characters of the Fawlty kind.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
you can never be THE authority unless you wrote the rulebook!

You mean the Infinity Engine manuals that don't even explain how ApR works and are filled with errors and flat-out fallacies? Also, devs are not disinterested. Thus, the need for critics.

I'm the only commentator to have covered all three engines. I'm not saying I'm completely without bias, but I'm a hell of a lot less biased than public forums. Go to an Infinity Engine forum: they will shit on Aurora. Go to an Aurora forum: they will shit on Infinity. Laughable bias and ignorance exists even among the most judicious community members.

I praise the virtues and criticize the flaws of all three engines. Plus, I have my reference point and yardstick in Fallout, which predates all three. And Jagged Alliance 2/Deus Ex are considered by me to be GOAT.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
As this thread has turned into the pedant Olympics, here is my submission:

I praise the virtues and criticize the flaws of all three engines. Plus, I have my reference point and yardstick in Fallout, which predates all three. And Jagged Alliance 2/Deus Ex are considered by me to be GOAT.

Considered by me? You know better than to give all of your agency to a preposition. For shame!
It should be “and I consider JA2/Deus Ex...”

octavius

Arcane
Patron
An English degree is actually one of the most worthless things you can have. When Lil talks about it, she's talking about how she comes from so much wealth that she can afford to spend so much time mastering an additional language; an "I have money and ability" boast folded into one.

You are creepy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom