Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog's final enhancement - now with new premium modules

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I wish I could eat meat but I just can't. I like beef, lamb, chicken and seafood, but whenever I eat it I regret it. Thus, it's vegetables and noodles, rice, bread, dumplings. Sounds boring, but vegetarian cuisine is limitless in its variety, so I don't feel too sorry for myself.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I'm very careful with dairy products. I love milk and cheese. Really love 'em. But it's such heavy stuff. I'm very slight, and feel like I double my weight when I eat a piece of cheese.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
What is your fave Conan story (R.E Howard only)? The one with Xaltotun was my fave.

Ok, let's change the mood:

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
What's that one where Conan gets strung up/crucified. For days the crows pecked at his flesh. Then, he does the same to the antagonist, and says something like "A man like you won't be able to take this pain", and leaves him like that?

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
What's that one where he's in a dungeon, and this beast is in there with him in the darkness. Some sort of ape-like thing. And Conan maybe has a weapon, a blade of some sort. And the beast is gonna charge him, and he knows he can take it but he's worried that, in its death throes, it may nevertheless tear him apart?

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Yep, it was Hour of the Dragon. I haven't read R.E Howard in 10 years.

But I just want to say this about R.E Howard: he is so raw, and understood how to describe the dark arts simply but realistically. He was leagues ahead of Tolkien, who was overly descriptive and employed flowery prose.

Hard to believe R.E Howard was gone by the age of 30... what a legend.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
But I just want to say this about R.E Howard: he is so raw, and understood how to describe the dark arts simply but realistically. He was leagues ahead of Tolkien, who was overly descriptive and employed flowery prose.

If you think that you haven't read much of Tolkien.

But comparing them is like comparing apples and oranges, since their styles were so different. And Tolkien had many different styles of his own, none of them very modern, "sexy", pulpy or hard boiled, though.

Few can write action scenes like Howard did, though.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
the fucker is dressed in yellow so I'll say green because his attire seemed swag af
Zogged if I know, man, I assumed it was yellow because bare minimum his boots oughta match his belt. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom