Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog's final enhancement - now with new premium modules

Cael

Arcane
Lilura has gone insane. This meltdown is hilarious to watch.
And you guys were not sure if she is male or female... I mean, honestly. Are you guys that blind or are just that blind? :P
Fucking newfag, you've never seen Kaiserin, SMA, PennyAnte, Running Fox and co.
And I am glad, seeing as how they took up residence in your head rent free all this time. I wouldn't want to be in your position to give free rent to bleeding morons.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
PMS

Dude, you never say it’s PMS. Especially if you suspect it really is PMS. Might as well just cut your own balls off and set them on fire.

Put all your electronics through the microwave then go into hiding for the next couple of weeks—that’s your best chance to remain intact. You poor fool...

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady

Far from meltdown, I incline ever more steeply both as a 'Dexer and a commentator.

Someone in a state of meltdown would not have written off Beamdog and stopped commentating on their garbage. That is fucking inarguable incline.

As well, just posted a write-up on Best All-time Bugfixes. Incline.

Purging blog of critics of FPC/TB. Incline. Continual purging of shit taste in general. Incline.

Ramping up criticism of RTwP, regardless of which RPGs fall victim. Incline.

Declaration on prime page that Fallout is the greatest RPG of all-time (no one will dare devalue its legacy on my blog). Incline.

Getting better at assertive writing with each blogpost. Rare cases of "I just think that" will change to "This is how it is". Incline.

I continue to refine and assert my already cultivated taste in RPGs. This is foreign to a faggot like you, I know.

Proof:

In 2014, you started posting on the 'Dex. In 2017, your posts were no better than they were in 2014; you have stagnated: still just an impotent creep.

In 2014, my blog was getting no traffic at all. In 2017, I got a million views by covering three antiquated engines. INCLINE.

You need to stop thinking you are remotely on par with me in this sphere. You are a literal non-entity, a Nothing. Just remember that and you and I will get on just fine. :lol:

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Purging blog of critics of FPC/TB. Incline. Continual purging of shit taste in general. Incline.

Getting better at assertive writing with each blogpost. Rare cases of "I just think that" will change to "This is how it is". Incline.

Glad to see someone is finally taking leadership lessons from my hero, Maximilian Robespierre. Purge away! Don’t let these counterrevolutionary elements get you down; some problems can only be solved by monsieur guillotine.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I'm a better writer than Cleve; I'm not a better 'Dex poster than Cleve. But the best 'Dex poster is Grimwulf, handsdown.

I'm disliked by a mysogynist faction on the 'Dex; it's just another way I generate butthurt. But really, I'm as much a 'Dexer as anyone who posts against me. And proud of it. I love the 'Dex. It's helped me lift my game.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Suggested edits, for clarity:

I'm disliked by the endlessly whining mysogynist circle-jerk faction on the 'Dex; it's just another way I generate butthurt. But really, I'm as much a 'Dexer as the incels who post against me, and my clitoris looms larger than their micropenises (ed note—I feel safe making this assumption, but you could go either way on the issue. I’m not sure whether it’s advisable to give the impression of being some kind of sentient hyena as it is a plebeian beast. However, the analogy is quite apt, purely from a dick measuring perspective). Despite its manifest flaws, I love the 'Dex marginally more than I hate it. Interacting with you filthy gibberlings has helped me lift my game.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Anytime someone claims that something no-one has ever done is easy to do, they are talking out of their ass. If converting NWN or NWN2 to TB with only scripts was possible, it would have been done already.

This is a retarded conclusion to draw..
I didn't say that it's impossible. But nothing that has never been done before is easy and you stated that it would be technically easy to do, just time-consuming. Recreating Baldur's Gate in NWN is technically easy but time-consuming and has been done. There are loads of mods and hakpaks that probably took a hundred or more man-hours to make. Yet nobody has done "technically easy, just time-consuming" script-reliant turn-based mode for NWN. So yes, you are talking out of your ass. Don't worry, it's a very common phenomenon among us Codexers.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I generate butthurt.
That you do. But it's not like it's that much of an accomplishment, so what's the idea ?

I will happily tone it down on the 'Dex, but it's not like I'm unprovoked, and I need to balance it out elsewhere, so:

purge.jpg

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Yes, just like Robespierre on RPGs:

It has been said that terror is the spring of despotic rule. Does yours then resemble despotism? Yes, as the steel that glistens in the hands of the heroes of incline resembles the sword with which the satellites of decline are armed. Let the despot govern by terror his debased subjects; he is right as a despot: conquer by terror the enemies of incline and you will be right as founders of the RPG republic. The leadership in an RPG revolution is the despotism of incline against decline. Is force only intended to protect crime? Is not the lightning of heaven made to blast vice exalted?

The law of self-preservation, with every gaming genre whether video or tabletop, is the first law of nature. Beamdog butchers innocence to secure a franchise, and innocence struggles with all its might against the attempts of decline. If tyranny reigned one single day not a monocle would survive it. How long yet will the madness of decline be called justice, and the justice of the inclined barbarity or rebellion? - How tenderly oppressors and how severely the oppressed are treated! Nothing more natural: whoever does not abhor decline cannot love virtue. Yet one or the other must be crushed. Let mercy be shown the decliners exclaim some men. Pardon the villains! No: be merciful to innocence, pardon the unfortunate developers, show compassion for human weakness.

The protection of the Codex is only due to peaceable players; and all players in the codex are agents of incline (translator’s note: Robespierre could be fabulously optimistic at times). The Beamdogists, the conspirators, are strangers, or rather enemies. Is not this dreadful contest, which incline maintains against decline, indivisible? Are not the internal enemies the allies of those casuals in the exterior? The assassins who lay waste the genre; the intriguers who purchase the IPs of the agents of incline: the traitors who sell them; the mercenary libellists paid to dishonor the cause of incline, to smother public virtue, to fan the flame of decline, and bring about an RPG counter revolution by means of a moral one; all these men, are they less culpable or less dangerous than the tyrants whom they serve? . . .

To punish the oppressors of incline is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty.

Lhynn

Arcane
A codexer having a power trip over a blog of a niche audience in 2017 where your average youtuber celeb gets over 100k subs is really something i wasnt expecting on this thread.

Lilura get your shit together, people say you are larping a lame cleve, but it feels more like you are being roqua.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
your average youtuber celeb gets over 100k subs

100k subs on a YouTube channel is meaningless to me. I would rather several thousand literati read my in-depth write-ups everyday than have hundreds of thousands of illiterati watch me blather on YouTube/LP.

get your shit together, people say you are larping a lame cleve, but it feels more like you are being roqua.

This is the "authentic me" and not a LARP. Compare me with whatever shitposter you like; it won't stick.

Lhynn

Arcane
100k subs on a YouTube channel is meaningless to me.
You are the one talking numbers. im saying your numbers are fairly low and p. irrelevant.

This is the "authentic me" and not a LARP.
Its one thing to have an opinion, another entirely to silence anyone that doesnt share it. If thats truly the authentic you, then i cant say i respect your opinion much anymore.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
You are the one talking numbers. im saying your numbers are fairly low and p. irrelevant.

Not in this sphere. What Infinity, Aurora and Electron commentator is before me?

Its one thing to have an opinion, another entirely to silence anyone that doesnt share it. If thats truly the authentic you, then i cant say i respect your opinion much anymore.

You attempt to silence people all the fucking time, Lhynn. You call them names, tell them to fuck off and generally disregard those with differing views. The difference between us is merely a matter of degree (simple poster vs. commentator with clout). In the main, we are the same.

Lhynn

Arcane
Not in this sphere. What Infinity, Aurora and Electron commentator is before me?
Just saying, you are small even by your own standards, there are single games with multiple commentators that individually get more attention that you ever will. You are letting this go to your head.
You may be the biggest among old school rpg commentators, but that still means very little, and it does not make you right.

You attempt to silence people all the fucking time, Lhynn. You call them names, tell them to fuck off and generally disregard those with differing views. The difference between us is merely a matter of degree (simple poster vs. commentator with clout). In the main, we are the same.
Theres a difference between arguing and banning people from saying shit you dont like. Dont be disingenuous.

d1nolore

Savant
BG wasn't turn based, and there wasn't a cryout for it to become turn based. People followed on from BG2 to NWN, still no cry for turn based. People get bored of the same shit over and over so why the fuck do you think people would want every game to be turn based with FPC. AoD turn based with no party, fucking awesome game. Arcanum RT/TB with no party control, fucking legendary game. BG2 rtwp and FPC, epic game.

Lilura you cry about democratising game design but you also want to tell game designers they must make all DnD games TB with FPC. How about we let the Devs do their thing.

Oh and NWN is more of a RT game with no pause because multiplayer disables pause obviously. But some of you guys wouldn't know that because you don't play NWN.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom