Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline NEO Scavenger: A Post-Apocalyptic Survival RPG

Perkel

Arcane
figured it out. A bit weird. Now i can crack tablets.

Perkel

Arcane
Great success. Decided to skip trapping instead got hacking , electronics, lockpicks, hiding and athletics.

hiding is so far most useful skill. Everytime someone is targeting me i simply hide behind cover and wait. Works almost every time and also i can silently run from battle.

Got 45 pistol but i don't have any ammo for it. Got again duffle bag but i can't find any backpack.
15 days now and i am preatty sure i got it figured out.

Only once i had "oh shit moment" as two dudes near city encountered me and i see: pistol, second dude: military grade rifle.
But they simply asked for ceasefire.

I wish i had trapping. Now with provisions sorted out i could do some gorilla warfare. Hit and run and go by tracks and simply wait when dude will bleed out or die out of disease.

Perkel

Arcane
GRAAAAAA

:x

Just few second after i wrote above dogman managed to fuck me up when i slept. Managed to to run once and i got me.Next time i will wait in city for ammo if i will get gun. Also fuck you, i'll get trapping next time again. :deadhorse:

12 days. Felt like 15.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Take Tracking and Hiding and you will move through the wasteland like a ghost. I highly recommend taking 'Ranged' and abusing the sling weapon. You can kill everything in the game with it to the point of it clearly being a little OP. I think melee should be your last choice in combat. A good strat is to find one of the hubs, DMC especially, and just rotate around it, slowly picking up gear. I don't know how spawns work, but late-late into my game the area around DMC has turned into an enormous battleground/graveyard and, in turn, a junkyard. I loot shit constantly now without even stepping foot into towns. I'm also contributing to the death toll as I'm a walking killing machine, so there's that.

Perkel

Arcane
Next game.

Started fairly well got backpack and some simple stuff early. Then i got to near that eat what you want and get stabed by robot saloon. Found a shotgun just lingering down near that place without owner. 2 shells along with it. FUCK YEAH.

Scavenged some place and it went horribly bad. Broke both legs.

:x

In the end some cultist came for me in pack managed to blown off one dude other one got me.

I don't know. I think Neo Scavenger really amazing game.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Made it to the DMC for the first time after my shopping cart broke dowm :(
Dying of thirst and starvation I am looking for a place to sell my stuff. Where can I do it?

agris

Arcane
Patron
Made it to the DMC for the first time after my shopping cart broke dowm :(
Dying of thirst and starvation I am looking for a place to sell my stuff. Where can I do it?
The Junkyard, in the metro tiles. You use the 'ground tiles' interaction (Q) to buy-sell.

Multi-headed Cow

Yeah, all the locations in the sprawl aren't automatically mapped. Just shuffle around the buildings outside of the DMC gate and you'll pick them up. Junkyard for selling (And very occasionally buying) shit, and then the Last Chance to spend your money on food/water. I recommend the non-veg stew.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Started a new game on different computer, this time it's going MUCH better.

Made it to the DMC, have about 700 quid. Got access to the actual city too! A shopping cart with a big sleeping bag as well.

7740CCAA51D73662D0980E4AC230C6BEE7EA3A83

What I still don't get - how do I boil water? I get that I need a fireplace for it, but combining the fireplace+bottle of water does nothing (as it should I guess) and I can't pour water into tin cans or the like.

I also don't get how to craft a sling for the binoculars I found to put it around my neck. I have small and medium strings, what am I missing? And finally, I saw people have fur gloves on their characters. I tried to put squirrel fur around my hands, but it did nothing.

Awesome game :D - also found a recipee for a gauss gun. Wtf!

Last edited:

Absalom

Started a new game on different computer, this time it's going MUCH better.

Made it to the DMC, have about 700 quid. Got access to the actual city too! A shopping cart with a big sleeping bag as well.

What I still don't get - how do I boil water? I get that I need a fireplace for it, but combining the fireplace+bottle of water does nothing (as it should I guess) and I can't pour water into tin cans or the like.

I also don't get how to craft a sling for the binoculars I found to put it around my neck. I have small and medium strings, what am I missing? And finally, I saw people have fur gloves on their characters. I tried to put squirrel fur around my hands, but it did nothing.

Awesome game :D
Tin can + fire source + water
You don't need to put the water in the tin can, just have all three in the crafting screen. For a strap, pretty sure you need a multi tool or small parts. You need to craft the gloves from fur and other things.

Also, BROS, I once ignored the gauss rifle recipes I found scattered around. But then I found a couple recipes for parts so I guess you can actually craft one. Will be on the lookout for more.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

You need to find a pan or a can. You can boil water in that.

Perkel

Arcane

Awesome game :D

In house you also boil water this way ? I mean you put you plastic bottle on fire ?

Answer: fire + can or pot + water

Generally if you want to put something on your back you use medium strings and item.
For example crowbar + medium string = crowb with string which you can place on your back same thing works for other stuff like scopes or binoculars.

Watch it fuckers. I am finally rolling like a king:

jptOULouHUrEV.jpg

Didn't even kill single thing. Strolling using hide and when battle starts i usually move fuck out of there.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
In house you also boil water this way ? I mean you put you plastic bottle on fire ?

Generally if you want to put something on your back you use medium strings and item.
For example crowbar + medium string = crowb with string which you can place on your back same thing works for other stuff like scopes or binoculars.

jptOULouHUrEV.jpg

Didn't even kill single thing. Strolling using hide and when battle starts i usually move fuck out of there.
Dogman gonna get you in your sleep, just you wait!

sser

Arcane
Developer
Sometimes when you're crafting you can craft multiple items with one set of assets. You then have to alternate between what you want by pressing that red arrow button. I honestly did not even know this was an option for a very, very long time. I used to just use the 'known recipes' list to get some stuff (like the aforementioned item w/strap).

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

jptOULouHUrEV.jpg

Nice equipment! But what happened to your backpack? Where does the additional 50% space on the left come from? Did i miss a patch?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
300A786E4981F76D9BA2873376869A9590835788

Survival Time: 7 days, 11.93 hours.

Final Moments:

Player tries to attack Blue Frog Cultist...but misses!
Player is exposed to easy attack for a moment.
** End Turn **
Blue Frog Cultist is bleeding.
Player tries to attack Blue Frog Cultist...but misses!
Blue Frog Cultist head butts Player!
Player needs a moment to recover before acting again.
Player fell to the ground, and must regain footing to continue.
** End Turn **
Blue Frog Cultist is bleeding.
Player waits.
Blue Frog Cultist launches a flurry of attacks at Player...and hits!
Blue Frog Cultist needs a moment to recover before acting again.
Blue Frog Cultist smashed Player's upper right arm with a monkey wrench.
Player is stunned and unable to move for a moment.
Player is unconscious.
Player passed out from unbearable pain.
Blue Frog Cultist smashed Player's lower chest with a monkey wrench.
Blue Frog Cultist demolished Unknown Target's lower chest.
** End Turn **
It is now Evening
** End Turn **

Player is hungry.
Player is unconscious.
Player is wearing a megacity visitor pass.
Player was introduced to Hatter.
Player is weak with thirst.
Player is using an optical magnification device.
Player contracted gastroenteritis.
Player's stomach feels awful, and is having diarrhea.
Player is skilled in obscuring the trail they leave behind and tracking others.
Player is strong, and can carry more than most.
Player is comfortable.
Player is tough, can take more of a beating than most, and recovers faster.
Player allied with Hatter.
Player is unburdened by what they're carrying.
Player is well-rested.
Player is wearing the protective talisman.
Player fell to the ground, and must regain footing to continue.
Player has a normal circulation of blood.
Player passed out from unbearable pain.
Player's immune system is healthy.
Player is bleeding internally.
Player died due to acute bleeding in the lungs.
Player contracted pneumonia.
Player is coughing up blood.
Player has a fractured rib.
Player is skilled in trapping and snares.
Player already discovered Exam Room 17.
Player already visited the Red Gnome diner.
Player already visited Haggerty Health.
Player was tested for augmentation and prosthetic eligibility.
Player already visited the DMC.
Player examined the tracks in the cryo facility.
Player saw the wraith footage at Hatter's.
Player discovered the bank account info at the cryo facility.
Player is carrying a device that DMC patrols can track.
Player cannot run in combat.
Player knows that the creature coming down the hall was a dogman.
Player already had DMC guard conversation 1.
Player already had DMC guard conversation 2.
Player already returned to the cryo facility.
Player completed the intro task for Hatter.
Player is wearing a wrist strap from Gyges Cryo Facility.
Player is wearing a crude air filter.
Player saw the glow in the east.
Player has acted significantly more good than evil.

Aw yiss. It went so well. Those blue cultist guys don't fuck around ffs

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Yeah like the Dogmen, Cultists will seek you out and kill you. There *IS* a way to make them non-hostile toward you, but that carries a risk.....

Also there is an encounter where a bunch of Cultists will come out looking for your ass trying to kill you.

I have a military shotgun and shells for it too but I still have a plastic bag backpack goddamnit. I have a plastic sled and a makeshift sack in each hand and I'm pretty sure every single square of inventory is being used. Pack-ratting to the best of my ability.

This run has been going well mostly because of avoiding as many fights as possible and the beautiful combo of lighter + crowbar when looting. Athletic is very nice as long as you don't get too attached to whatever is in your 'vehicle.'

I found a slave place in the south and decided to set it on fire. Is it just me or has the area around it gotten a lot more crowded? I'm finding a lot more corpses and plastic bags with stuff etc. as well. I'm still pretty far from Detroit, maybe a little over halfway.

This game is so addictive.

Multi-headed Cow

It's a a duffel bag. The only item I've seen you can sling on your left shoulder.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Nice equipment! But what happened to your backpack? Where does the additional 50% space on the left come from? Did i miss a patch?

Nice equipment indeed.

When im at that stage it usually ends soon, horribly. Dogman ambush, sickness, a fall in a ravine or a crumbling house. This game doesnt want you to do well.

Its excellent though. Currently also using the hide tactic.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Thanks for clarification. Never found one so far :o
By the way today I just shat my pants
when Merga Wraith attacked me out of the nowhere for no apparent reason. I literally just stood there and managed my inventory. Not even spent turn time.
It is amazing how a 16x16 sprite can be creepier than 10 hours of boredom with The Evil Within.
Now I know Im not even save when I think I'm 100% safe.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom