Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline NEO Scavenger: A Post-Apocalyptic Survival RPG

sser

Arcane
Developer
I highly recommend taking the Tracking skill if you want to sleep reliably without someone following you.

Perkel

Arcane
10 deaths now

8 days max. Got hunting rifle with one bullet. I am awesome !. Some bandit attacked me in sleep. I missed and he did not. Dead.

:x

Text based fighting system based on icons is amazing incline.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
There is an item you can craft that will warn you if people approach you while you sleep. And then you can either run like hell or try to kill them.

Elthosian

Arcane
Speaking about mods, any of these that would be recommended? Not playing it soon since I beat it some days ago but it would be some nice incentive for future playthrus.

Perkel

Arcane
There is an item you can craft that will warn you if people approach you while you sleep. And then you can either run like hell or try to kill them.

Yeah i know there is.
Finding food is more problematic than I thought.

Multi-headed Cow

Speaking about mods, any of these that would be recommended? Not playing it soon since I beat it some days ago but it would be some nice incentive for future playthrus.
That extended one was the most interesting looking, but talking to a bro who tried it (Daka) it sounds like it generally ends up making the game easier. Presumably because it adds more useful items to the loot tables without really increasing the danger. Maybe if the dude working on it adds more locations/events/wandering monsters/NPCs/enemies, but it sounds like it mostly just ends up helping the player. Never tried it myself after he told me that.

Elthosian

Arcane
Damn, what a bummer, there was this one other mod I read about that wanted to increase the game's difficulty, but included stuff like making items degrade faster regardless of whether is logical for them to do so, ie high tier back/sidepacks, which unless you buy them at the DMC most of the time will come with 20% condition making them break down in a few weeks anyways.

Anyone played Lone Survivor? How does it compare to this. Another post-apocalyptic ice age survival sim, though with potentially less RPG elements involved.

I was waiting for this type of game for a long time... Something in the ice age, preferably.

Perkel

Arcane
Reached city, accepted quest. Nearly starved to death reaching that place. Ate some dude with my last use of lighter. On way back meet with some strangers who just nailed me with arrows. Day 9.

So far game is full of RNG. Got crowbar and strong perk. Scavenged nearly anything and got like one lighter with 1 use from like 20 cities.

Elthosian

Arcane
Played it, not exactly a survival sim, much more of a 2D Silent Hill-lite in every aspect, specially puzzles which are quite simplistic.

agris

Arcane
Patron
after cheesing the game's saves, I got an ending

You startle awake.

No, it hasn't all just been a dream. You're still sitting in the AAV as its payload when a sudden jerk wakes you from the slumber of trauma-induced exhaustion.

When you look out the top, all you can see of your former surroundings is a lake of mist far to the north. Below: the Great Black Swamp. To see it sprawl from east to west, an antithesis of life, the necrosis of civilization- it's a haunting view beneath.

Another "crack!" accompanies a smell of burning plastic as you duck into your compartment again.

The engines are failing, and there's a ragged whistling noise coming from the tail. The drone is no longer flying but in a controlled fall.

You hazard a peek outside. More and more of the swamp passes below. You glide past the rotting lands, the sinking roads, the crumbling buildings, the toxic fumes- but you're falling too fast to make a full crossing.

You duck inside, and brace for the inevitable.

The drone hits something hard, the weightless rebound ringing in your ears for a moment before smashing and grinding through what sounds like rocks and water. Parts rip away, and sludge sprays into the hold from the openings they leave.

The fuselage twists right suddenly and flips over, throwing you hard into a debris-filled pool. Wrenching metal and cracks of composites echo over the next mound as the drone becomes just another part of the desolate landscape.

In a fit of coughing, you crane your neck away from the sludge, and pull yourself weakly onto an embankment.

For several wheezing moments, you cling to the earth, gathering your senses.

After more coughing, you plant a hand in the cold mud, push the ground away, and stagger to your feet. A brisk, acrid wind bites through your soaked clothes, and you turn to face away from it.

Ahead, miles of lifeless, muddy terrain, punctuated by toxic pools and shells of old buildings.

And beyond that, Indiana.

Survival Time: 31 days, 6.76 hours.

The multitool at the cryo facility was found.
Player is wearing a megacity visitor pass.
Player was introduced to Hatter.
Player is using an optical magnification device.
Player can see distant objects better than most people.
Player is skilled in hand-to-hand combat. Melee weapons are more effective and degrade slower.
Player is skilled in obscuring the trail they leave behind and tracking others.
Player is skilled in medical procedures, which increases rate of recovery from wounds.
Player has a high metabolism, and consumes food and water faster than most. However, Player also recovers faster from wounds and illness.
Player is strong, and can carry more than most.
Player is comfortable.
Player allied with Hatter.
Player has trouble staying asleep, and sleep is less restful.
Player is unburdened by what they're carrying.
Player is well-rested.
Player's hunger is sated.
Player's thirst is slaked.
Player already visited Zom Zom's.
Player is wearing the protective talisman.
Player took some painkillers.
Player has a normal circulation of blood.
Player is not experiencing any pain.
Player's immune system is healthy.
Player is skilled in trapping and snares.
Player already discovered Exam Room 17.
Player already visited the Red Gnome diner.
Player already visited Haggerty Health.
Player was tested for augmentation and prosthetic eligibility.
Player got corrective eye surgery.
Player already visited the DMC.
Player examined the tracks in the cryo facility.
Player saw the wraith footage at Hatter's.
Player already interacted with The Stoat.
Player discovered the bank account info at the cryo facility.
Player learned the bank teller's login info.
Player is carrying a device that DMC patrols can track.
Player triggered greater security at the bank.
Player already tried speaking with the bank teller.
Player is beginning the transformation into a wendigo.
Player is ready to advance to wendigo 2.
Player knows that the creature coming down the hall was a dogman.
Player already had looter conversation 1 with Kim.
Player already had DMC guard conversation 1.
Player already had DMC guard conversation 2.
Player answered Michelle's question of where he's been.
Player has been invited to ATN by patrol.
Player already visited the ATN.
Player already returned to the cryo facility.
Player completed the intro task for Hatter.
Player already ate food at ATN today.
Player already received care at ATN recently.
Player's defoliant exposure subsided temporarily.
Player is wearing a wrist strap from Gyges Cryo Facility.
Player is wearing a crude air filter.
Player is experiencing burning pain on their skin.
Player chose a fully-powered section of Grayling's fence.
Player agreed to help Martha destroy Grayling.
Player found the Grayling mainframe Code: Anarchy.
Player found the V-MADS blueprints at Grayling.
Player found the ID badge at Camp Grayling.
Player knows about the NEO Wiki.
Player used the ID card in Blackwhite.
Player used the failsafe key in Blackwhite.
Player already had Martha's Army conversation 1 with recruiter.
Player sent a bogus security request from Grayling's control tower.
Player saw the glow in the east.
Player has acted significantly more good than evil.
Player issued Code: Anarchy command to Blackwhite AI at Grayling.

AMG

Arbiter
Played it, not exactly a survival sim, much more of a 2D Silent Hill-lite in every aspect, specially puzzles which are quite simplistic.
dafuq are you playing? it sure as hell isn't neo scavenger

Absalom

So what are your guys take on the plot? I found scraps of hints here and there, but never bothered to take notes so I'm not sure I got the best picture I could.

The protag was some paranormal buff who looked too deep, spent time in an insane asylum, then finally found a talisman for protection from the otherwordly horrors following him but then ended up in a cryo tube. Wakes up, world has ended due to plague and supernatural shenanigans. Also apparently you're the blue cultists savior, or whatever?

Lhynn

Arcane
There is an item you can craft that will warn you if when people approach you while you sleep are breating down your neck. And you can either get up if they let you and then run like hell or try, and most likely fail, to kill them.
Fixed for precision.

Multi-headed Cow

So what are your guys take on the plot? I found scraps of hints here and there, but never bothered to take notes so I'm not sure I got the best picture I could.

The protag was some paranormal buff who looked too deep, spent time in an insane asylum, then finally found a talisman for protection from the otherwordly horrors following him but then ended up in a cryo tube. Wakes up, world has ended due to plague and supernatural shenanigans. Also apparently you're the blue cultists savior, or whatever?
Certainly haven't gotten all the lore yet so I'm probably missing shit (Still have done fuck-all at Grayling for example since that was added during my fairly long wait from Desura-Scav to released Steam-Scav playing) but the talisman was specifically made for you (Won't spoil that since you haven't found stuff on that yet) and you seemingly entered the cryo tube of your own volition with outside help (To the cost of the person(s) helping you), though I still haven't figured out the specifics of why the cryo tube yet. Maybe to try waiting out the wraith? Also haven't figured out why you've got amnesia, unless it's just a side effect of the cryo sleep. It's also entirely plausible that not everything is answered in Neo Scavenger and either will be answered in future games or left ambiguous and unknown, even though it at least feels like the developer knows how it all pieces together.

Absalom

Certainly haven't gotten all the lore yet so I'm probably missing shit (Still have done fuck-all at Grayling for example since that was added during my fairly long wait from Desura-Scav to released Steam-Scav playing) but the talisman was specifically made for you (Won't spoil that since you haven't found stuff on that yet) and you seemingly entered the cryo tube of your own volition with outside help (To the cost of the person(s) helping you), though I still haven't figured out the specifics of why the cryo tube yet. Maybe to try waiting out the wraith? Also haven't figured out why you've got amnesia, unless it's just a side effect of the cryo sleep. It's also entirely plausible that not everything is answered in Neo Scavenger and either will be answered in future games or left ambiguous and unknown, even though it at least feels like the developer knows how it all pieces together.
And it's implied he was the curator of some paranormal website that the NSA hunted down the other members of. But if the wraith wanted to kill him, why does he randomly help out? He gave me a gasmask with a full cart at one point. And something similar in appearance not only released him from the tube, but also gave the job to Hatter specifically for the protag.

Not to mention the supernatural holocaust and how this all relates to the world setting.

There was ALSO a plot thread relating to the guy who helped ol phillip into the tube but I handled the situation badly (At the apartments in detroit) so I didn't get the full info.

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
after cheesing the game's saves, I got an ending
The beginning text is the universal ending, you get it no matter what as long as you escape from Camp Grayling after completing it. Only the following "stats" are unique to you.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Reached city, accepted quest. Nearly starved to death reaching that place. Ate some dude with my last use of lighter. On way back meet with some strangers who just nailed me with arrows. Day 9.

So far game is full of RNG. Got crowbar and strong perk. Scavenged nearly anything and got like one lighter with 1 use from like 20 cities.

Thanks to me forgetting to transfer my goods, somewhere in my game there is a pair of low-condition pants laying on the ground with approximately eight lighters in its pockets.

Perkel

Arcane
Why is it when i find duffle bag i always fuck up in some way ?

agris

Arcane
Patron
Why is it when i find duffle bag i always fuck up in some way ?
In the game I just finished, I found the duffle bag and hiking backpack in that city tile immediately to the left of the cryo facility. That's the only duffle bag I've found in 3+ weeks of play.

Perkel

Arcane
ok got laptop hacked. Now how the hell memory sticks work ? i have like two and can't use them.

AMG

Arbiter
Put laptop in one hand and memory stick in another, then you can transfer contents.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom