Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline NEO Scavenger: A Post-Apocalyptic Survival RPG

Multi-headed Cow

There's a solid gameplay reason behind the inventory Tetris though. Makes scavenging that much harder since you have to pick and choose what you take, plus you'll want to keep your pockets stuffed with food and water and various useful tools and/or weapons so you're prepared if shit goes down. Not really the case in Deus Ex, there you just have to worry about the GEP gun taking up inventory space that could be better used by candy bars.

Plus Neo Scavenger is one of the few games that can give you an erection by finding a backpack.

imweasel

Fuck sepsis, get this shit away from DMC and you're screwed. Nanobots, tea, bear root, antibiotics, I tried freaking everything and I die every time to this crap. I guess I should stay closer to Detroit or avoid baddies with ranged weapons, but still, this has to be the most frustrating thing about this game, next to waking up in bed with dogman.
Clean and bandage your wounds, take antibiotics (probably only nanobots will save you if you have high fever) and, most importanly, find a good shelter to rest. Sleeping is even better.

That will cure a sepsis 100% of the time.

I've been thinking about this one for a while now, but seeing your post solidified my intention to make the following drawing.

didn_t_see_you_there_by_nebuchadnezzaurus-d8bypoc.jpg

The things in the background are supposed to be noise traps.
I almost choked on my veggie juice you asshole. :lol:

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
I bought this today against my better judgement, since i usually have no patience for bloody rogue-likes.

Had about 10 games by now (played 3 hours), the first 9 i died pretty soon of exposure to the elements, freezing to death. The last one went better, since i found lots of clothing items. However, when i met a fanatical cultist who found me while hiding and followed me for over 80 hexes it was over. (Run away, Run away etc etc etc etc ). Apparently running away is useless when you are tracked by a cultist. Even ditching my sled didnt help.:rage:

Will try again soon though.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Try hiding your tracks?

Also there IS a way to make Cultists not fight you when the meet you...... Provided you happen to meet a weak one the first time (HUGE HINT).

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Hm, i may have forgot that. I had the 'hiding' skill ON when he found me. Also had the 'tracking' skill but cant remember if i activated it when he was in the area.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
You have to actually click on the option HIDE TRACKS. You can do that for every square you visit.

I had one of those dogmen assholes on my ass. I had the tracking skill, and just hid all my tracks and ran back to the City.

Elthosian

Arcane
Try hiding your tracks?

Also there IS a way to make Cultists not fight you when the meet you...... Provided you happen to meet a weak one the first time (HUGE HINT).

Possible gameplay spoiler:

Provided you're willing to risk contracting the blue rot.

imweasel

However, when i met a fanatical cultist who found me while hiding and followed me for over 80 hexes it was over. (Run away, Run away etc etc etc etc ). Apparently running away is useless when you are tracked by a cultist. Even ditching my sled didnt help.
It is best to kill those crazy mofos if they attack you. Don't knock them out, don't accept their offer to surrender, don't try to run away (offense is the best defense), just kill them.

Spears have a reach of 3, so enemies won't be able to hit you unless they have a spear themself or a ranged weapon. So make a spear (broad spears are the best), try to keep a distance of 2 to 3 and just stab the shit out of him. Don't forget to drop your sled before the enemy gets too close so that you can run in battle which helps you keep your distance. Melee and Strong are of course very helpful skills.

PocketMine

Savant
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Anyone else got Unstoppable trait?

uhX1DBu.jpg

What it does is it make you rage in combat to intimidate enemies sometimes and sometimes you get to observe enemy weaknesses in combat.

Not sure when i got it. Most likely after Dogman ambush at night.
Turn 1 - Unknown enemy i decided to run away... and got hit by flurry of attacks. No less then 4 moderate bleeding wounds.:x

Turn 2 - Dogman was too tired to attack after flurry of attacks (this is why i never attack this way) and i stabbed him right in heart (lucky crit hit in upper chest). He died next turn to cardiac arrest.

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
A hobo watched your fight from the bushes. When you one-shotted the dogman, he ran away and spread the word about your badassery.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
I think i have a combination of skills which works relatively well finally. Made it to the glow and 'hatter'.

I got a 'minor bleeding' earlier and probably got rid of that too late. And also probably should not have taken on the DMC guard.

I like the game sofar though, if played in moderation (in order to keep frustration levels on a bareable level).

Survival Time: 3 days, 1.85 hours.

Final Moments:
DMC Guard Leader is stunned and unable to move for a moment.
DMC Guard Leader attacks Player...and hits!
DMC Guard Leader lacerated Player's upper left arm with a .45 pistol FMJ.
Player's left arm became crippled.
Player is stunned and unable to move for a moment.
Player is unconscious.
Player fell to the ground, and must regain footing to continue.
Player is exposed to easy attack for a moment.
Player passed out from unbearable pain.
Player: ...zzz...
DMC Guard tackles Player.
DMC Guard fell to the ground, and must regain footing to continue.
DMC Guard is exposed to easy attack for a moment.
Player needs a moment to recover before acting again.
** End Turn **
Player is bleeding.
DMC Guard Leader is bleeding.
Player: ...zzz...
DMC Guard Leader attacks Player...and hits!
DMC Guard Leader shredded Player's head with a .45 pistol FMJ.
Player has a concussion, and is somewhat disoriented.
** End Turn **

Multi-headed Cow

:lol: I like the image of the DMC guard shooting you, you pass out, then he heroically leaps on to your prone and unconscious form and caps you in the head.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
Scavanging through the buildings...fuck, yet another scoped sniperrifle deluxe, i need a can of beans dammit! (Preferably an unopened one). End turn. Player dies of hunger.

agris

Arcane
Patron
They won't mess with you if you don't mess with them. You can always offer to talk and they will always accept.
Yea, I just figured out the whole "talking" thing after about ~2 weeks of play. It's pretty cool, I've found at least one location based on it. It gives me a fallout vibe.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Take botany and you will never go hungry. Actually, the skill might be kinda overpowered considering how important food is in this game.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
I took this skill on my current run. It kind of solves the food issue indeed.

The first few turns you are dependent on the outside temperature a lot. I think i even froze in 4 or 5 turns once (no clothing items found).

Last edited:

Gozma

Arcane
There is a random event that always seems to happen if you are in danger of freezing right away - you come upon a car with a sleeping bag in it. If you spend the time between turns in a tile with the sleeping bag on the ground or in the campsite area you won't freeze (you may also just be able to hold it; not sure if that gives you the little, "in a campsite with a sleeping bag" effect).

Elthosian

Arcane
Nah shitty thing about the game is that it doesn't let you get bonuses like that if items are in your inventory, if you have a vehicle however you can just unequip it with everything you want to benefit from inside and all of the effects will apply accordingly.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
hell this game is unforgiving.... :argh: (imagine someone going from DAI and romancing the shit out of thedas to this..lol )

was on a good run, and on the hatter mission. Somehow i contracted Blue Rot, which i only noticed at level 2, which is probably too late.

I searched for a good shelter, had an excellent sleeping bag, popped my nano medi pack and some painkiller and tried resting.

No luck, level 3 set in...and...after a short period of agony, player died. :argh:

No idea how i contracted this Blue Rot thingy though.

259ikk6.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom