Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline NEO Scavenger: A Post-Apocalyptic Survival RPG

torpid

Liturgist
I wish there was a "Start New Game" button before you actually die in the current one. Sometimes I'm in a situation where I know I have no hope of surviving, and it's somewhat annoying to have to skip a whole bunch of turns just to finally die and be able to start again.

Just Save&Quit, then choose "new game" instead of "continue".

So after an ephemeral playthrough where I died on turn 3 because I ran into a dogman who two-shotted me, I then tried the straight-to-Detroit strategy and it was pretty easy, actually. It was kind of a test, really, so I had nothing on me but the dogman fur coat, which I sold so that I could buy a nice meal in the city, only to start dying of cold as soon as I stepped back into the wild. Totally worth it--I finally ate a decent meal in this game! Going to restart, gather some loot in the vicinity then set out of for Detroit.

Is there anything Trapping can't do? It nets you the dogman fur coat early, which means you don't have to worry about temperature; it lets you light fires through simple friction, so you can cook meat and sterilize water without a lighter; and it gets you into the DMC without having to do the Hatter's quest! I can't even imagine a playthrough without it.

eXalted

Arcane
So, I am going to this Camp to complete that quest and after a while 6-7 soldiers of Martha's Army go to my hex. Oh this will be some event with popup for options what to say to them..

DU-DUN BATTLE!

Some of them next to me stabbing me to death, and some of them far from me shooting me to death... what a death!:dead: ( <-- actual photo of my character )

Is there anything Trapping can't do? It nets you the dogman fur coat early, which means you don't have to worry about temperature; it lets you light fires through simple friction, so you can cook meat and sterilize water without a lighter; and it gets you into the DMC without having to do the Hatter's quest! I can't even imagine a playthrough without it.
Yeah, was thinking the same.

Well it kinda makes sense, if you knew this shit irl your chance of survival in similar setting would be much higher than some engineer or dude deadlifting 600 pounds.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I *finally* have a game where I am basically OK. I got ambushed by those dogmen assholes TWICE while in a certain area, but I have just the right gear to survive after battle, thankfully. I even discovered the gigantic INFO DUMP that somewhat explains the story (and tells you where to look for more answers). Also, later on it is so awesome to come across another persons stash, and go THANKS DUDE! And fill up my sacks and off to the Market we go. :D

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Is it possible to get your vehicle back when you abandon it during a fight if you win the fight or return to the same sector?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I don't know *for sure*, but just like all locations, if they are interested they will take the vehicle. If not, then it *should* still be there (unless another scavenger likes and takes it). I really like the AI in this.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
I don't know *for sure*, but just like all locations, if they are interested they will take the vehicle. If not, then it *should* still be there (unless another scavenger likes and takes it). I really like the AI in this.
Hmmm I was ambushed by a pack of dogs while pushing my cart, abandoned the cart and killed the leader of the pack, rest of the dogs ran away. But my cart was nowhere to be found. Unless there are now dogs pulling a cart full of my stuff, laughing maniacally.

DefJam101

Arcane
I wish there was a "Start New Game" button before you actually die in the current one. Sometimes I'm in a situation where I know I have no hope of surviving, and it's somewhat annoying to have to skip a whole bunch of turns just to finally die and be able to start again.

Also, can someone tell me why you sometimes can't attack even though everything indicates you should be able to? I recently lost a very promising game due to this annoying inability to attack. I had the other guy pinned down and vulnerable, was 0 spaces away without any debilitating conditions, yet couldn't attack with a punch or kick. Because I was out of options, I had to wait and wait until he got his bearings and proceeded to smack the shit out of me with his crowbar, making for an extremely annoying and avoidable death. FUCK!
If you have a gun selected as your current attack mode you need to switch back to punch/melee weapon to melee people. That also eats up a turn, as you can't attack immediately after switching modes.

DefJam101

Arcane
It's more of a "new player" skill, like Botany. When you get more familiar with the game you'll realize there's no long-term use for it besides curing meat (which is not very useful) and getting the dogman fur coat. Not enough to be worth the 4 skill point cost, that is.

Is it possible to get your vehicle back when you abandon it during a fight if you win the fight or return to the same sector?
If you drop stuff "on the ground" on a hex, any NPC can see / loot it. So, if a random looter wandered onto that hex before you returned, they probably took your stuff. Otherwise, I have no idea what happened.

If you want to "hide" things, place them in a campsite. Things you stash in campsites can't be seen by NPCs unless they're standing on the same hex, and there's a high chance they won't find your stuff at all (based on the camp's concealment score).

Last edited:

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
How can I find charges for laptops and such? And what are their use? Haven't found much use for the Hacking skill yet.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Man, it's hard to take this game seriously :D A real hobo simulator. Walking around with 2 shirts, hospital gown, 1 shoe and two plastic bags full of bottles. And of course one of the bags breaks and my bottles scatter all over the place D:

Last edited:

DefJam101

Arcane
How can I find charges for laptops and such? And what are their use? Haven't found much use for the Hacking skill yet.
Laptop, phone, iSlab, etc batteries can be charged by tapping the powerlines at DMC. If you have the hacking skill you can hack into any locked laptop so long as it's powered. To crack locked phones & tablets you'll need specific software installed on a working laptop, though, which you can buy at the junk market.

If you have the hacking skill, don't sell locked phones or tablets that have hidden files on them. They could be rare files that sell for hundreds or thousands of dollars, but you won't be paid for them unless the device holding the file is powered on and unlocked when you sell it.

Also, since the game never explains this: to install software or move files, hold the memory stick in one hand and your device, powered on, in the other. You can then drag and drop the software into the device's storage.

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
This game is fucking mad. And I like it. Is there a wiki about it or something?

My first game:
Runed away form cyro building, get into old town. Find a sick. Do some more search and rest. Next day - meeting with bandit - win but almost dead. Eat berries. Shit myself and die meeting some monsters.

Just like many people say - insta GOTY (This is better x1000 then new Retard Age. And it is flash game. It say something about AAA games, isn't it Bioware? :smug: )

Last edited:

dryan

Arcane
I have to wait until I go to the store tomorrow in order to buy a magnifying glass to play this game.

eXalted

Arcane
Unless there are now dogs pulling a cart full of my stuff, laughing maniacally.
I just couldn't :lol:

I have to wait until I go to the store tomorrow in order to buy a magnifying glass to play this game.
In the menu select Big GUI, check Fullscreen and Stretch. I play it that way and find it easy to read. I find myself struggling with the font of some newer games as I am a laptop user, but these settings make it perfectly readable.

dryan

Arcane
Unless there are now dogs pulling a cart full of my stuff, laughing maniacally.
I just couldn't :lol:

In the menu select Big GUI, check Fullscreen and Stretch. I play it that way and find it easy to read. I find myself struggling with the font of some newer games as I am a laptop user, but these settings make it perfectly readable.
Thanks I'll give it a try.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
The Trapping Skill is basically a way around the RNG, in that you can do and craft certain things (almost) immediately. It really should be called Survivalist Skill, or something like that.

And sometimes it pays not to get cocky and just RUN AWAY.....

Survival Time: 37 days, 12.54 hours.

Final Moments:
Blue Frog Cultist needs a moment to recover before acting again.
Player attacks Blue Frog Cultist...and hits!
Player slashed Blue Frog Cultist's upper chest with a hardened spear stab.
** End Turn **
Blue Frog Cultist is bleeding.
Player gashed Blue Frog Cultist's lower left arm with a hardened spear stab.
Blue Frog Cultist is stunned and unable to move for a moment.
** End Turn **
Player lacerated Blue Frog Cultist's lower chest with a hardened spear stab.
Blue Frog Cultist is coughing up blood.
** End Turn **
Blue Frog Cultist attacks Player...and hits!
Blue Frog Cultist demolished Player's head with a crowbar.
Player has a concussion, and is somewhat disoriented.
Player is stunned and unable to move for a moment.
Player is bleeding internally.
** End Turn **

:(

PocketMine

Savant
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Hmmm I was ambushed by a pack of dogs while pushing my cart, abandoned the cart and killed the leader of the pack, rest of the dogs ran away. But my cart was nowhere to be found. Unless there are now dogs pulling a cart full of my stuff, laughing maniacally.

Check all campsites on that hex i found mine on one of campsites when i abandoned it in during fight yesterday.

Multi-headed Cow

1.0 startingman hauled himself into DMC, racked up some $600+ in dosh, and is in seemingly good health. Unfortunately been busy as fuck and haven't been Neo Scavenging as much as I'd like (Plus still trying to poke at Dead State and get a little action gaming in when possible) but things are going fairly well for him. Scavenging definitely seems less lucrative than it did in the relatively recent past. Not just talking about ruins near DMC, even high loot ruins tend to kick up less thrilling items. Overall I do like that though.

Tell you what Neo Scavenger really needs though. Rape. :prosper:

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
** End Turn **

I can feel your pain. It really sucks when you're winning and it looks as though you're about to close the deal, only for them to get a critical off and turn the tables on you.

sser

Arcane
Developer
The Trapping Skill is basically a way around the RNG, in that you can do and craft certain things (almost) immediately. It really should be called Survivalist Skill, or something like that.

And sometimes it pays not to get cocky and just RUN AWAY.....

Survival Time: 37 days, 12.54 hours.

Final Moments:
Blue Frog Cultist needs a moment to recover before acting again.
Player slashed Blue Frog Cultist's upper chest with a hardened spear stab.
** End Turn **
** End Turn **
** End Turn **
** End Turn **

This is why I avoid combat as much as possible.

What gets me is that I ran an all-shit character (all negative traits) and managed to kill a fucking dogman with a sling (also caught it on video, but I doubt anyone cares). Also killed some other guys, including a one-shot kill of a hobo and a Frogman. What a badass. (A feral dog ate this character later on.)

So, after getting a stiffy for the sling, I was like I should take a ranged character since I like flinging shit. I take a ranged character and almost immediately find a bow and some arrows. Sweet, cha-ching, etc.

First fight comes when I see a hobo with a frying pan. Hell, I could use a frying pan - let's kill this bastard. I shoot all three arrows and all three miss. He spends most turns trying to run away since a frying pan is probably all this guy has (I like to imagine he was wearing it as a hat). I'm like fuck this shit and pull my crowbar out and close in on him. The second I get close he fucking brains me with the frying pan. KO. Bludgeons me to death while I'm in the dark, sweet embrace of DMT overdose.

Your shit:

dogs-042.jpg

Gozma

Arcane
** End Turn **
** End Turn **
** End Turn **

You shoulda "Run" during that turn he was stunned. :M

Spears can attack from range 2 (maybe 3?) so you maintain that range while poking the dude when he tries to close and then use "stunned" turns to back off again. Plus if you got a serious wound on them you can basically just keep backing off and wait for them to fall out from blood loss. It's probably the way to keep a strong melee type as low-risk as possible while still being a horrible murderer that kills everyone he meets

Multi-headed Cow

Ah fuck. I found a looter's stash while I was exploring, and I noticed that there was a "Use" option for a backpack. Wondered what that did since I never noticed it before. Clicked use. Next thing I know I'm shoving a medium portion of rotten human meat into my mouth.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom