Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RTS need rts fix badly

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm probably the last to defend SC's gameplay, but that rant is just bullshit.

GrainWetski

Arcane
starcraft old ass game with very basic mechanics. Create huge blob and rush it towards the enemy. While company of heroes franchise you factor in environments and cover its basically like xcom but real time. Its like how people STILL play counter strike to this day when there are fpss now with destructible environments, foliage you can use stealth and crawling. its simply the patrician choice to pick the games that provide the gameplay that reward using your brain more then pure reptilian reflex. Leave those old games like counter strike for poor fag gamers like turbo nerd chinese factory workers and starcraft for those life long dedicated virgin koreans.
Yeah, go have fun with your shitty console FPS.

ArchAngel

Arcane
starcraft old ass game with very basic mechanics. Create huge blob and rush it towards the enemy. While company of heroes franchise you factor in environments and cover its basically like xcom but real time. Its like how people STILL play counter strike to this day when there are fpss now with destructible environments, foliage you can use stealth and crawling. its simply the patrician choice to pick the games that provide the gameplay that reward using your brain more then pure reptilian reflex. Leave those old games like counter strike for poor fag gamers like turbo nerd chinese factory workers and starcraft for those life long dedicated virgin koreans.
Congrats man, you managed to insult two of five biggest esport titles in one post. All the while showing your lack of any knowledge about anything. You go back to playing your casual RTS and have fun deluding yourself you are playing something so deep that you need to click with each unit once to send them to cover. So deep man!

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Muh Asia :lol: :lol: :lol:

Next up: Instagram Olympics

Protip: E-sports are like e-peens or e-girlfriends. They aren't real things. The only real thing starting with an e is e-mail.

Last edited:

VladimirK

Learned
starcraft old ass game with very basic mechanics. Create huge blob and rush it towards the enemy.

"Rush it towards the enemy", please. What is dark swarm, what is a siege tank, what is psi storm behind cannons, what are lurkers...

Starcraft: Brood War is actually one of the few RTS games that incorporate a strong element of map control/area denial.

Last edited:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think a better point is that something being esport-"capable" or not has absolutely nothing to do with it being interesting or good for any single player.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I think a better point is that something being esport-"capable" or not has absolutely nothing to do with it being interesting or good for any single player.
It is OK if someone does not like the game, they can just say that. This whole thing started because people went beyond that and claimed untrue shit about Starcraft.

80s Stallone

Arcane
Almost forgotten, the stepchild of the classic Westwood RTS line (albeit it wasn't directly made by Westwood):

Emperor: Battle For Dune

maxresdefault.jpg

Well, good game, except for some of ridiculously overpowered units (typical WW), easily-to-exploit AI and some jerky controls...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom