Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RTS need rts fix badly

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Battlezone (1998) Remastered

Battlezone 1998 1.5 is faaaar superior. If you want to try it, hit me on PM and I'll give you the old non-remastered version.

You're gonna have to do a lot better than just throwing that out there. I played a few missions of the remaster and didn't see any major breakage or transgender bathrooms.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It is not recent at all, but have you tried Kohan: Ahriman gift, or any other Kohan game (Kohan:Immortal Sovereign, and Kohan 2).
These were quite different from usual RPG with a stronger focus on logistics and macro (you don't recruit units, but companies of 4*front, 2*flanks+ 2 different suport like healer, paladin, mage...).Units also have upkeep (not like WC3, upkeep is deducted from your income, it is not a % tax).
KAG is the better game, but the other 2 are good too.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
You are forgetting that OP is a moron. He doesn't want autistic stuff, that's why he plays Starcrap :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
And you are probably an autist because you cannot figure out how to play best RTS ever yourself.
I have finished Total Annihilation twice, thank you very much.

Also protip: autists are GOOD at figuring things out.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Yes a perfect autist game. Click a few stuff and then spend rest of the time watching it play itself.
Wrong again bub. Autist games are where you have to read strategy guides, start long threads arguing about builds and it takes a million years to get anything useful. Think WoW or really any MMORPG.

You really don't get this whole autism thing do you?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Yes a perfect autist game. Click a few stuff and then spend rest of the time watching it play itself.
Wrong again bub. Autist games are where you have to read strategy guides, start long threads arguing about builds and it takes a million years to get anything useful. Think WoW or really any MMORPG.

You really don't get this whole autism thing do you?
Well my plan was to use that word in a real sense, not gaming slang but I guess I was wrong about trying that. Why? Because Starcraft is played by men, women, kids, older people and even invalids (even some with terrible disabilities like being paralyzed from the neck down).
So only excuse to calling the game bad is if you are an autist or otherwise mentally retarded. Since you don't accept being called an autist, only thing left for you is mentally retarded.
Congrats.

passerby

Arcane
If OP enjoyed DoW, he should give CoH a go.

Base building, resource management, map control, scale ( units count ) like DoW 1.

Graphics and combat closer to DoW 2.
Basic infantry combat is more complex and involved than DoW 2, but without hero units with OP cooldown abilities.

Overall WW2 is a bit boring setting compared to WH40k, but gameplay itself and mission design is a bit better imo.

80s Stallone

Arcane
New "real" RTS games:

Meridian 22, a stripped down StarCraft.
meridian-new-world-2.jpg

(and "Squad 22" the successor).

Etherium: A game in the vein of Z/Dawn of War 2, no "real" base building:
61235.jpg

Nightside, an RTS in "total darkness" were light is essential. Some good ideas...
HUMAN.jpg

Reconquest, somewhere between the first C&C and Tiberium Wars, pretty boring designs and maps...
maxresdefault.jpg

All four are as average as it gets when it comes to the fun level alone.

Jokzore

Arbiter
You can get Planetary Annihilation: Titans real cheap as part of a humble bundle, the vanilla game has a bad rap but the expansion is kinda aight, worst case scenario you play it for a little bit , get bored and then play Sins of a Solar Empire or Offworld Trading company which is also in the bundle.

jungl

Augur
company of heroes 2. Multiplayer has 10k people on steam usually most time. Its the refuge for rts players that don't want to play baby shit like starcraft but love rts.

ArchAngel

Arcane
company of heroes 2. Multiplayer has 10k people on steam usually most time. Its the refuge for rts players that cannot play hard gamesdon't want to play baby shit like starcraft but love rts.
fixed it for you noob.

jungl

Augur
starcraft old ass game with very basic mechanics. Create huge blob and rush it towards the enemy. While company of heroes franchise you factor in environments and cover its basically like xcom but real time. Its like how people STILL play counter strike to this day when there are fpss now with destructible environments, foliage you can use stealth and crawling. its simply the patrician choice to pick the games that provide the gameplay that reward using your brain more then pure reptilian reflex. Leave those old games like counter strike for poor fag gamers like turbo nerd chinese factory workers and starcraft for those life long dedicated virgin koreans.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom