Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Need for speed reboot

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
As an open world game herp derp

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Bullshots?

2870386-04_nfs_announce.jpg

2870385-03_nfs_announce.jpg

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The game will be always on because "autolog will include your friends in the narrative experience and we take screenshots and upload them so your friends can like them to give you ignore money" – which must be one of the most stupid DRM explanations EA has yet conceived. it's only second to "the simulation is so complex, it needs the cloud" from SimCity.

We also have a new snapshot system as well," adds Nilsson. "Which is taking pictures of a lot of different moments – [they go] out to the Need for Speed network where people can ‘like’ them, and those likes are being pushed back into the game as currency. So you get progression from sharing your photos.

Constant night and new a focus on Facebook kids, no thanks.

Last edited:

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
:necro:

Reviews are out. IGN gives it 6.3
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/11/03/need-for-speed-review-3

Looks good, sounds good, still arcade-y, nice selection of cars (really, I looked at the IGN video and there are some things I'd love to drive). BUT

IGN cons:
  • Story is brief, multiplayer underdelivers
  • Rubber band AI, daft time-of-night effects
  • No drag racing, and no pause button!

How there's no pause button in 2015 in a SP game? I guess its some online only bullshit. Also just seeing 1-2 of those cutscenes make me wanna #killself #crap #whotalkslikethat #angstyteens #shit

Cadmus

Arcane
I can't get back into NFS anymore.
They need to get rid of the obnoxious AI cheating, improve the audio presentation because it's fucking disgraceful how the cars sound for example, improve the maps and re-implement the damage model.
Now I want to replay NFS Porsche, bleh.

Machocruz

Arcane
So what are good driving games of recent times? Something in the vein of Outrun/Outrunners, driving on roads instead of on a track, no laps.

Adon

Arcane
isn't need for speed rebooted every couple years or so?

Uhh... I don't think so? Does it even need to be rebooted anyway? Like is there some sort of continuity it's supposed to have??

If it does I don't think anybody cares.

Cadmus

Arcane
There's no reason to play racing games with rubberbanding.
Bbbut what if you are too good? Then there's no challenge! That's why we need level scaling in open world RPGs a rubberbanding AI.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom