Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Necropolis, a procedurally generated "diabolical dungeon delve" from Harebrained Schemes

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
GOTY

Hope pricing is reasonable like the shittyrun games. $20 would be nice.

Last edited:

Animal

Savant
Shitposter
3rd person real time procedural button masher with virtua racing hipsterified looks? I pass please.

Give me a shadowrun roguelike instead.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What the fuck? Why do the videos have crappy techno-funk music? Is this the actual audio style of the game? Not that I'm interested anyway, but way to not sell an atmosphere.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
http://necropolisgame.tumblr.com/post/139235207795

tumblr_inline_o2go3swhyn1t2nv1v_500.gif

Hey, Chris Rogers here, Art Director for Necropolis. We’re getting close to ship and the game is really coming together. I thought I’d give you a little peek-behind-the-curtain and share how things are going.

At this point in production, I usually start my day with an hour of playing Necropolis. It is a good way to start the day, getting a player’s eye view on the game, and it reminds me of some priorities I may have thought of on the way homethe previous night but forgotten by the next morning. Plus it’s getting more and more fun every single day.

Its also a bit strange because the game changes so much from day to day at this point as the team begins the process of balancing and tuning the various systems. One day I can purchase a critical item for a few gems and the next it suddenly costs me 500. Monster types behave differently, or disappear and are replaced with different enemies. The most exciting change last week, however, revolved around food.

Food is going to be very important in Necropolis. Your actions require stamina and the maximum amount of your stamina depletes over time (sometimes very quickly if you choose to use your power attacks). The easiest way to get some of that stamina back is to eat a little food. In fact, for most of last week it was very easy, nearly every enemy dropped food and as long as you were able to survive a combat encounter you could heal up and replenish your stamina.

Then, on Thursday, several things changed at once. First, the number of items you could carry got trimmed significantly. No more hoarding a butcher shop’s worth of meat under your hat. It hardly mattered though because the second change was to make food a much rarer drop. Not knowing about the changes I just continued on as I had before, playing a little sloppy and eating up in the quiet spots. Yet as I progressed I eventually ran out of food. Since I was hungry my stamina cap began creeping down, making combos difficult to pull off and power attacks a bad idea. I needed some stragglers I could pick off and loot, but I couldn’t find any. So then I tried to craft a potion which could restore my stamina, but I needed an ingredient (Fade Eyes) so that didn’t work either. I died, but it was a frantic and fun last few minutes.

That’s it for now, next post I am going to introduce the Character Team, the animators and the 3D Artists that have made all the monsters creatures that haunt the halls of the Necropolis.

–Rogers

insukk

Augur
Patron
Codex 2012
At least they are consistent with weird choices when it comes to the music in trailers of this game.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
!!! http://steamcommunity.com/app/384490/discussions/0/412448158146199094/

Big News
Hey everyone,

We sent out a press release about this today but I wanted you to hear the news directly from me. Our studio, Harebrained Schemes, is working with BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. to bring Necropolis to consoles.

Our plan is to self-publish the game on Steam and for BANDAI NAMCO to release NECROPOLIS on Xbox One and PS4. That’s a pretty big deal for us! First, getting that kind of recognition from the publisher of Dark Souls is kind of amazing and we hope it will raise the profile of the game. But more important than that, BANDAI NAMCO knows how to bring games to consoles. They know the technical certification requirements, they know how to work with the PSN and Xbox stores, and they know how to market games to reach the right audience. I’ve seen a lot of posts on this forum talking about how people have never heard of NECROPOLIS and how we have to step up our game to get the word out. Message received. We hope today’s update to the NECROPOLIS Steam page is a step in the right direction.

Now here’s the big change. All three versions of the game will release at the same time this summer. We’ll announce the new date as soon as everything’s solidified. And before it comes up, this wasn’t BANDAI NAMCO’s idea - it was ours. While I hate to slip our release date, I know from experience that doing a console release right adds a significant amount of dev work. It’s work that had to start right away (because consoles require a lot more lead-time for certification) but we didn’t want the console work to shift our focus away from launching on PC. So we believe this is absolutely the right decision, and that the additional time will make for an even better NECROPOLIS for consoles AND for PC.

So where does this leave people who have already pre-ordered? Well, there are two options: You can hang in there with us while we continue working on the game or, like all Steam pre-orders, you can cancel anytime before the game launches. But if you do go that route, I hope that you’ll give Necropolis a chance when it comes out this summer. It’s completely different than anything we’ve ever done before and I’m really proud of the team and the work.

I’ll be around to answer any questions you might have.

Mitch Gitelman
Studio Head, Harebrained Schemes

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Hey, good for Harebrained. They get their first debut console title. Published by...Bandai of all people. Huh.

Well, just like Original Sin, it just means more money for a decent-ish company.

Mozg

Arcane
Let's hope it makes exactly enough money that it wasn't a huge mistake but not enough that they'd risk doing it again

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
NECROPOLIS is Coming to Xbox One and PlayStation®4!

Way back at PAX East last year, we caught the attention of BANDAI NAMCO, the publisher of Dark Souls. They thought it would make a perfect companion game for Dark Souls fans, and we thought NECROPOLIS was a perfect fit for consoles. It’s a great partnership and we’re really excited to have an established publisher help our independent studio bring the game to consoles.

So now, NECROPOLIS will ship on PC, PS4, and Xbox One this summer. We’ll let you know the exact date in the near-future. In the meantzme, we’ve been busy adding a ton of new stuff to the game – here’s a peek!

tumblr_o3446rXy4N1u0tzcmo7_500.gif

tumblr_o3446rXy4N1u0tzcmo9_500.gif

tumblr_o3446rXy4N1u0tzcmo10_500.gif

tumblr_o3446rXy4N1u0tzcmo8_500.gif

tumblr_o3446rXy4N1u0tzcmo6_500.gif

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I have a feeling they have misunderstood Dark Souls, a bit like how the designer for Dark Souls 2 misunderstood the original when he created the sequel. With that I mean the focus on player death. Yes, the original Dark Soul was hard, and it punished mistakes. But Dark Souls 2 had so many damn cheap moments that outright just killed you giving you no chance to react. And I have a feeling this game will be the same. Every trailer focus on player death. Look we are Dark Souls, you will die! ALL THE TIME! Hilarious right?

almondblight

Arcane
I dunno, seems more like roguelikes with YASD. Which can work with procedurally generated games.

made

Arcane
Damn, I want to stick it to JEW Brained Schemes so hard right now.

Alas, I was going to pirate the game anyway so there's little I can do. :shittydog:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom