Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Name a RPG and I will play it. (within reason)

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Deus Ex.
Install GMDX Mod for a augemented experience.

Open World ARPG's:

Morrowind

Gothic 2

New Vegas

Action Dungeon Crawler's (with some RPG elements)

Blade of Darkness.

Dark Souls 1/2 (particulary 2 DLC's)

Nioh

Blobbers:

Wizardry 6-7-8

Grimoire

Tactical RPG's:

X-COM 1-2-3

Jagged Alliance 1-2

CRPG's:

Realms of Arkania

Temple of Elemental Evil

Divinity Original Sin 2 (be sure to put some mods for some of the mechanics)

Last edited:

Morkar Left

Not the usual suspects:
Elex - Gothic reincarnated in a new setting. More depths in char creation but sometimes tedious combat and some questionable balancing (but you can define your own difficulty setting)
Star Traders Frontiers (Early Access but already fun and open ended)
RoA Blade of Destiny HD (and after that Star Trail) - ugly but good now
Sea Dogs To Each His Own - best pirate/Age of Sail game, sometimes you have to use exploits to be able to get something done, sloppy translation but BIG
3030 Death War Redux - Lucasfilm adventures meet Escape Velocity

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Unironically though someone else already suggested it but The Technomancer is a fun little game. Side content is a grind later because infinitely respawning enemies but combat is fun and relatively challenging.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
I've been trying to figure out what I want to play and there are a lot of great games out there, but I'm not sure what I want to play. I won't play a notoriously bad game, and I'll play a game with graphics equal to or greater than those of Neverwinter Nights (2002), MUDs are an exception; I will agree to play a MUD with interesting mechanics. Other valid suggestions include campaign modules for games like Neverwinter Nights 1 or 2, and SNES/PSX/PS2/GBA/NDS RPGs.

Blackguards I

Ninjerk

Arcane
Before you run off and snag Arcanum, I think it's only fair to warn you that probably the most monocled poster and RPG critic this site has ever seen, Irenaeus, leveraged withering criticisms of it which can be found here: http://www.rpgcodex.com/forums/inde...r-played-emphasis-on-game-and-not-rpg.107495/

I'm not sure if he still lurks around these parts (I think he left because he knew his job was finished).

As an aside, I've never seen someone so secure in his identity (not like most posters here).

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Not the usual suspects:
Elex - Gothic reincarnated in a new setting. More depths in char creation but sometimes tedious combat and some questionable balancing (but you can define your own difficulty setting)
Star Traders Frontiers (Early Access but already fun and open ended)
RoA Blade of Destiny HD (and after that Star Trail) - ugly but good now
Sea Dogs To Each His Own - best pirate/Age of Sail game, sometimes you have to use exploits to be able to get something done, sloppy translation but BIG
3030 Death War Redux - Lucasfilm adventures meet Escape Velocity
How do you recommend To Each His own and not City of Abandoned Ships?

Also Realms of Arkania HD.

Zlaja

Arcane
What RPGs have you liked in the past?

i-aint-even-mad.jpg

ilitarist

Learned
Illiterate Village Idiot
Baldur's Gate, Ice Wind Dale, Final Fantasy Series, Chrono Trigger, Knights of the Old Republic 1&2, Neverwinter Nights 1&2, Morrowind, Oblivion, Earthbound, I WANTED to like Pillars of Eternity but it just didn't hook me. Oh, And I'm currently playing Divinity 2: Original Sin but I'm playing through with a friend and we play a couple nights a week for a few hours, I really like that too.

Maybe Tyranny will hook you, it's similar to Pillars of Eternity but has a very different premise.
If you're into JRPGs you may like Trails in the Sky. Also maybe Disgaea, it's a wacky tactical game.

If you liked Oblivion you'll probably like Skyrim, naturally. Or try a better game like Gothic. Maybe Risen would work better as Gothic requires some work to get into. Witcher 3 is also somewhat similar and approachable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom