Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Myth: A New Age CYOA

Erebus

Arcane
A

Who knows when next we'll have a chance to get a decent drink ?

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Thaïs sounds like someone we can have a long-standing partnership with.

Though I'd like to get Serpent on our side as well. We'll be a mage on our own, sooner or later, but we will never be an experienced healer, and those are useful in any situation you might find yourself in. Besides, there are only 3 mandrake roots, and 7 people. We need the guy to have the right priorities.

B.

Did we get 3 more Energon Cubes than we asked for? Cool!

Fangshi

Arcane
Nevill said:
Did we get 3 more Energon Cubes than we asked for? Cool!

Yeah, you are the closest thing to a kid old Madb will get and she knows you are about to do something stupid/dangerous even though you won't tell her what. I decided to go a bit easy on you guys since the party you are entering the crawl with is a bit small.

For example you are going in with 7 very talented people but some of the other options would have provided you with more cannon fodder (by my count the largest parties could have been in the 40-50 range).

That is not to say you are doomed or anything, just be careful and play to your strengths and I am sure you will be fine.

All I am saying is that your expedition has no "fat" and no real built in redundancy, if characters start dropping then the whole thing could go south rather quickly. You will in all likelihood need those three extra cubes but part of it will come down to the route you take and the rest will be on the choices you make.

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
Voting C. Thais seems greedy, petty, and quite capable of being manipulative. Establishing good relations with her can prevent unpleasant surprises. Plus she can teach our character some much-needed social skills. And if we can swap spells, I say we get started and teach her the magic zap immediately, since Thais has zero offense atm. I'm not worried about Serpent's decision-making. Dude's got 9 int and we're the only one who knows how to do this.

Fangshi, I've got a number of questions, since I'm not too clear on how this CYOA operates. Hope you don't mind. Could you explain the stats/skills/magic of the setting? Are skills have/don't have or are there degrees of skill? What's the status of a spellbook? Is it a useful reference or do we lose our magic without it? I also have no idea what wisdom does or magic zap vs fire bolt. Plus, what's our character's healing skill? I notice she has herbalism as a skill.

Last edited:

Fangshi

Arcane
Absinthe said:
Fangshi, could you explain the stats/skills/magic of the setting? Are skills have/don't have or are there degrees of skill? I have no idea what wisdom does or magic zap vs fire bolt. What's our character's healing skill? I notice she has herbalism as a skill.

Sure, a lot of it is just for reference and people want to see it so I obliged, but I can provide a brief run down.

Stats:
Stat progression is not linear, a ten in strength for example in almost an order of magnitude stronger than a nine. 4-5 are the average range for an adult human, 2-3 are weak, and 1 is rather pitiful. Going in the other direction 6 is above average, 7 is gifted, 8 is exceptional, 9 is a "once is a generation" talent, while a perfect ten is godlike. There will be chances for permanent stat gain/loss and items/spells that can boost stats as well.

Strength is easy, the more you have the harder you hit and the more you can lift, that sort of thing.
An example: Tyrvard with an eight in strength is an absolute beast in combat capable of cleaving a man in half if he got a good swing and his blade holds up. Thaïs with a 1 in STR would have a hard time injuring anyone with a weapon unless she had them dead to rights.

Dexterity is all about fine motor skill, high Dex makes you quicker and harder to hit, better reflexes and all that.
An example: Brigit has a high Dex probably in the 6-9 range since she is able to come and go more or less as she pleases, the trap that was set up in the second update was set up properly, she simply had the skill to completely bypass it. Something like a Maul (a big lumbering creature) is almost completely unable to complete activities requiring manual dexterity, one of the reasons why as a race they can not write.

Constitution is how much damage you can take, how quickly you tire, and how well you can resist the effects of poison, diesease and the like. It won't negate these things but you will handle them better the more CON you have.
An example: Tyrvard's 7 in Con allows him to shake off wounds that would outright kill lesser men, and the cold does not hurt him (further boosted by his skills). Thaïs' 3 in CON mean she is just below average when it comes to things like pain threshold and the like, not horrible but definitely below average.

Intelligence is well, how smart you are. The higher an INT the quicker a person can figure things out given the correct information. High Int helps a character plan and learn new skills quickly. It is also one of the two most important stats for spell casting, it determines how "perfect" (powerful) a spell is when cast (along with practice of course). The higher the Int the stronger the spell. Int also helps to "refine" spells, coming up with more powerful variants to use.
Examples: Thaïs and Serpent, all things being equal will be stronger casters than Derryth because they have one and three points of Int on her respectively. They will learn spells faster and prefect them quicker than she will.

Wisdom influences a character's ability to "feel" their way through a problem. A high Wis makes a character a better judge of the "moral character" of others, and makes it much harder to lie to them. For a spellcaster Wis allows for more "control" of a spell (each spell is less fatiguing for the caster). Wis also helps a mage "adapt" a spell, essentially re-purposing it, modifying its conditions to get different results. The higher the Wis the safer the spell.
Example: Derryth as the person with the highest Wis in the "party" will be the hardest to fool, she will have the best natural insights and of the three "mages" she will also be the steadiest caster. She can experiment the most with the least fear as well.

Charisma simply denote the ability of a character to influence others. This could be through beauty, or persuasiveness for example. A character with a high Cha finds that others tend to naturally like them, while a low Cha character often has to overcome initial hostility.
Examples: Again I will use Thaïs and Derryth. Most people just like Thaïs, it has nothing to do with magic either she just knows how to win people over. Now if they have a reason to come after her they will but they are also more likely to forgiver her. Strangers like her more as well Derryth correctly realized she had no real reason to help her and yet she wanted to, now this many say something about Derryth (she is a good person) or this may be that high Cha at work or it may be both. Derryth has a two, it could be worse but not by much; she is not ugly (in fact when she takes the time she cleans up fairly well), and she does not have a "vile nature" or anything but she does tend to rub people the wrong way, she is crabby and a bit spiteful too as shown with the door guard. As shown with old Ren even when people start to like her they will often choose to keep screwing with her due to her nature. All of the people that have acted with kindness to Derryth either have known her for a long time and accept her (Ian/Mabd) or have a reason to like her (Thaïs/the barman) or just have a naturally sunny disposition (Brigit).

Skills:
Skills do not have levels, if it is listed then you are proficient at it. If a better skill comes along or a skill is refined then the new skill will replace the old one. So if you try to learn how to use a bow you will go through multiple stages of skill based on your training. Or to use a skill you already have as you learn more magic your magical training skill will change to something more appropriate as well, (magical mastery or something like that). It is also possible to pick up negative skills/traits or "mixed" skills/traits based on your choices

Derryth's healing ability:
The herbalism skill allows for the use of basic non-magical healing techniques. She knows what plants are helpful and which are poisonous and how to mix them to perform a very basic sort of medicine. Serpent on the other hand also has herbalism but he also has the skill to use Mandrake roots and to perform basic surgery and more advanced disease treatment and the like. You picked up a bunch of basic herbs with the other nondescript supplies for the expedition so Derryth could probably act as a nurse to help Serpent if things get bad.

Absinthe said:
Thais seems greedy, petty, and quite capable of being manipulative.

:lol: Well you could say that about any aspiring mage including Derryth.

Edit:

Nevill said:
there are only 3 mandrake roots

You can't be sure what resources each character will drum up on their own but they all know this is dangerous. Don't be surprised if Serpent brings a few Mandrake roots when he shows up.

Last edited:

Fangshi

Arcane
Nevill said:
degenerate gameplay

Gondolin said:
balanced?

:lol: Now, now enough with all the cRPG buzzwords, this is based on good ol' PnP and a capable DM will trump a machine everytime, I can guarantee...

Which is code for feel free to try and break the system, I am sure it will work out great... :troll:

Seriously, don't worry about a plus one here or a minus one there, as long as you do not do something pants-on-head stupid you will be fine... probably...

Esquilax

Arcane
I think we ought to go stargazing. Our character is wise and more interested in pondering the strange mysteries of the universe rather than talking to people. All in all, I think it has potential for allowing Derryth to perhaps come to an interesting conclusion or maybe an epiphany about magic. + Relationship points are fine and dandy, but my instincts tell me that with our character's personality, there might be more of a benefit to a night to ourselves.

D

For example you are going in with 7 very talented people but some of the other options would have provided you with more cannon fodder (by my count the largest parties could have been in the 40-50 range).
Oh boy, that doesn't sound good. Let's just hope we don't fuck it up too much then.

Voting C. We are the leader of this expedition, so we should make sure all equipment is ready. Plus, maybe we could exchange some spells with our other mage, make sure she at least has a basic attack spell. She is the only mage in our party without any offensive capability - no spells, only a knife for a weapon and her strength is pitiful. Oh, and we should start learning that scroll we bought at the first opportunity as well.

Fangshi

Arcane
Zero Credibility said:
Oh boy, that doesn't sound good. Let's just hope we don't fuck it up too much then.

It is not as bad as all that. The smallest party you could have ended up with was if you went with both mage circles, you would have gone in with five people and you would have been the most "fighty" person there.

With the larger party a lot of the expedition would have been of a much lower quality than what you wound up with. In a fight Tyrvard is worth at least fifteen men by your estimation, provided he is not overrun that is.

If there is interest I could go over what the different choices meant in the Prologue when we move on to the first chapter (minus spoilers of course).

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Fangshi said:
If there is interest I could go over what the different choices meant in the Prologue when we move on to the first chapter (minus spoilers of course).
Sure thing. It is always good to see DM's take on how these things work.

Fangshi

Arcane
Alright, when this act is done I will do a little "behind the scenes" update then.

We have a decent number of votes for the update so I will probably close it in an hour or two and get started on the update.

Ok, polls are closed:

Final Tally:
Kz3r0 c
TOME c
Gondolin c
Jester d
Erebus a
Kipeci c
Anabanana b
Nevill b
Azira a
Absinthe c
Grimgravy a
Esquilax d
Zero Credibility c

So...
3 votes for going out drinking with the boys
2 votes for tea with the doctor
6 votes for an evening with a courtesan (wonder why you all picked this one... :lol:)
and 2 votes for some stargazing

Update should be up some time today I think, fairly lazy afternoon so should not take too long.

Last edited:

Jester

Arbiter
6 votes for an evening with a courtesan (wonder why you all picked this one... :lol:)
We got a conquest to plan or perfect crime, depends on how much wine we can get. :obviously:
Acquiring a PR person can prepare us for ruling masses.
2 votes for some stargazing
The hell its like medieval equivalent of posting on forum and its gets 2 votes. Looks like there will be no acquiring secrets of universe, or intellectual discussion with voices in her head. Next time i look she will start to develop charisma... shame on you.

Fangshi

Arcane
Ok new update, ran a bit long, some info on magic, and I get as close to biowarean writing as I am comfortable with... there are three separate but related choices to make at the end so one vote for each of the big decisions...

Chapter 5:

An evening with the Courtesan:

As you make the long walk back from the Bazaar you run though your options for the evening since you really don't want to go back to your tent yet.

Gareth and Tyrvard are probably at the Hanged Man right now drinking half the city under the table, hopefully they have taken the time to prepare themselves instead of just drinking all of their money away. You have to admit you have never met a man like Tyrvard before and if all the men of the northern tribes are like that it is easy to see why Alric wants their support.

Gareth is a different story, he does not talk about his past much, says he fought in the war and you can believe it based on the scars and the martial aura he exudes. You are just glad to have two such warriors on your side, a little muscle to complement your magic. Still you do not really want to spend your last night above ground drinking at the Hanged Man, you have done that almost every night for the last week, it is time for a change.

You pass the teahouse that Serpent was raving about yesterday, Brown's is its name. You make a note to try it when you get back but you just do not feel like tea tonight.

As you continue on your way you realize that there is really only one place to go, well unless you just want to wander aimlessly, you chuckle at that idea, you are the "leader" of this expedition and you owe it to everyone to check over your supplies and make sure you are not missing anything.

And with that you make for the address that Thaïs gave you. Part of you expects to find nothing, that her whole act was a con and that you have ruined yourself but you shake off the idea, you remind yourself that you are a good judge of people, or at least Henry always used to say you were. You really do believe that she is on the level and she has become something of the de facto quartermaster of the expedition. You have been coordinating with her throughout the day and her help has been invaluable. You stop by one of the better shops in town and grab a few things for dinner, a savoury pie, a bottle of wine, that sort of thing. You pick up a little extra in case Thaïs is working late and wants some and you begin the walk to the safehouse.

As you reach the building you realize that it is no mere shack, in better times this would have been a coaching house. The attached stables are a little worse for wear but everything looks remarkably stable. You approach the front door and knock, you also draw your knife just in case it is a trap. After a little hesitation and noise from the other side a female voice calls from within for the password. You give it and the door unlocks, you palm the knife, as you step though the door it shuts behind you and someone side-steps behind you. You feel some sort of gadget pressed against the back of your head. The voice instructs you to turn around slowly and you comply, you sigh it is just Thaïs.

Gone are the silks and perfume of yesterday, her attire today while still of high quality is all about function, well maybe with a touch of fashion you will concede, she looks the very image of a clerk, tunic and trousers and her raven black hair in a functional ponytail.

In a casual tone you start; "Hi, Thaïs."

She seems relieved; "Oh Derryth, I was not aware that you would be by before tomorrow, you should have sent a message I could have taken your head off with this thing. Nice whip by the way, looking to get into the trade?"

"Very funny, I would have sent a messenger but it was all very spur of the moment and I wanted it to be a surprise." You reply with a quick smile, raising the bag with your dinner in it, "Also would you mind lowering that thing you have pointed at me it looks dangerous."

"I don't know, maybe I like having you at my mercy..." she gives you a grin.

You match the grin; "Well then I would be forced to draw your attention to the knife angled at your ribs."

She looks down at the knife that has slipped back into view and laughs, she lowers the "crossbow". Some gadget that a client that could not pay gave to her. She actually tried to convince her to come along on the expedition, but the inventor was adamant about leaving for the south. Said something about going where her inventions would be appreciated, Thaïs sighs and explains that the inventor really is a dear but just has no luck with people.

Turning the crossbow over in her hand she explains that it is a handheld prototype based on dwarven theory. It fires these tiny but very deadly bolts from a "magazine" inserted into the underside of the device. She demonstrates the action of the piece, loading and unloading it and you must admit the things those dwarves create truly are marvels. You remember the dinner you are carrying and ask her if she would like some. The two of you sit down to a nice warm meal.

Following the meal she gives you a tour of the facilities, there is a single horse in the stable, to pull an old supply wagon if the hand cart proves insufficient, and most of the supplies are stored in one of the lower rooms near the old loading dock. She was about half way through cataloguing it all when you arrived. You offer to help and the two of you spend the next couple of hours going over the supplies, everything looks to be in place but there are about double the herbs and medical supplies than you ordered.

Thaïs explains that she looked over the invoices for the items as they arrived and while most of the prices were fair the herbalist had dramatically overcharged you (you had suspected it but could not prove it). When the package arrived with the herbalist's apprentice she launched into a dramatic appeal to the young man's sense of honour and duty, "how dare he be a party to such vile business practices, swindling two innocent young women" the man was terribly ashamed and threw in an extra order of herbs as recompense. As Thaïs retells the story she acts out both roles as if on stage, you stifle a laugh.

As you finish the inventory and lock up the storage you return to the main house and the two of you settle down in what was once a study. You talk about your pasts, she tells you about the cities of the Province while you tell her about some of you adventures with Henry and about the old man himself. She offers her sympathies and you thank her as the conversation drifts towards the study of magic.

It seems she has had a solid training in arcane theory, she even knows a few things that you do not, but her set of spells is more suited to pleasure and luxury than hard-living and ruin raiding. The night is still young and you decide it may be a useful exercise in trust to teach her a spell. Nothing too dangerous, not that you really know anything too dangerous yet, but something which has proven to be very useful to you in the past.

When you suggest the idea she is all for it, the woman definitely has a taste for knowledge and power. You should probably be careful around her you think but then you remind yourself that she is probably thinking the same thing, and you are forced to smile. It would be nice to have a colleague that you can actually trust and talk to again now that Henry if gone, you will just have to be careful is all.

"Ok," you tell her; "let's go into the back yard and get started."

You lead her into the back and survey your surroundings, a few boxes, a bunch of empty bottles, yes this will do. You light a lamp so you will be able to see better and line up a dozen bottles. You tell her that the spell you will be teaching her is called Zap, a basic attack spell that will not do too much damage unless you get the target in a soft spot. It will often distract your attacker however and can give you time to escape. You tell her that accuracy and steady hands are of the utmost importance, you take a wide and stable stance, and you begin to focus on the bottle, describing the logical and spiritual movements required to bring about the spell. As you finish you begin firing at the bottles, twelve for twelve, you are on fire tonight and Thaïs is quite impressed.

You set up another six bottles and motion for her to try, it takes a while but she manages a shot, it misses wide, reflects of a large chunk of metal and damn near hits you. Thaïs apologies but you reassure her that the first time you tried it you had trouble too. You decide to help her a little with her stance, remembering Henry's lessons from your youth. You walk up behind her and with a little kick spread her legs out a little wider, you straighten out her shoulders and reinforce her arm, with one hand on her hip and the other on her hand you add you consciousness to hers and direct the bolt to the first bottle, a hit. She leans back into you a little and you direct her to the second bottle, again a direct hit. She gives a slight yelp of satisfaction and you believe she is getting the hang of it.

"Ready to do it on your own?" you ask; "try to hit the remaining four."

As you step away from her she focuses, it take five shots but she hits the four bottles. Not bad and the bolts she is creating are already a little stronger then yours. However you notice that she looks a little run down, even as a child you had better endurance than this, oh well as Henry used to say every caster is unique, like pretty, little, sadistic snowflakes.

Thaïs returns to your side with a rather large smile on her face, you know that feeling, that feeling of greater knowledge, greater power even a little more is so very intoxicating. Looks like you are not such a bad teacher after all, it definitely helped when you thought back to Henry's lessons though, he was a real mage and knew how to properly teach someone, you sigh; all things in time. You congratulate her on her shooting and the two of you return inside to the study.

It seems that Thaïs wants to return the favour and she brings out an old lamp and sets it on a table half way across the room. She explains that one of her clients back west (he was a wizard with not a little skill) taught her how to call up small fires and put them out, it is something that she has found to be quite useful. She demonstrates, sitting next to you on the couch she extends her arm and focuses on the lamp. It flickers to life, she gets up and snuffs it out then she repeats herself three or four times explaining the theory behind the spell. You try it but can't quite get it to work, she pouts a little stating that she must not be a very good teacher.

Trying to cheer her up you think back to the Zap spell earlier, you tell her that you copied as closely as possible the setup used by Henry to teach you the spell and that you think it really helped.

A rather mischievous smile appears on Thaïs' face, "All right let's try that."

She removes the lamp and instead stands you in front of the old fireplace, she stands next to you and raises your hand in the direction of the fireplace. Then she tells you to close your eyes and focus on the very concept of heat, agitation, the dance of unseen elements, and sure enough in your mind's eye appear two dancers. You watch them dance, and she tells you to try to speed it up, and you do, faster and faster the figures spin until it is all a blur. You think you can smell smoke but opening your eyes you do not see a flame, and you are about to turn to Thaïs to tell her so. In fact you are so focused on the spell that when she kisses you your mental control collapses, you kiss... and the fireplace explodes...

As you and Thaïs sit there on the ground, thrown back by the explosion in the fireplace she blushes a little and gives you a sheepish grin; "Well you did say to recreate the conditions under which I first learnt the spell, and I am a courtesan after all."

Fair enough, you are not really sure how you feel about the situation but it is hardly something to worry about, you think, and at any rate you now know that you can conjure fire and that feels pretty good.

You brush the soot off and help each other to your feet, she asks you why the fireplace blew up like that. Seems like she does have a few holes in her knowledge of magical theory.

You try to explain, a single mage can cast some fairly powerful spells but a group of mages can manage even more. You tell her that when you were helping her in the courtyard behind the building, you used your greater control of the spell to give her power better direction, however when she kissed you she poured a lot of extra power into a half finished spell without much control and she completely distracted you ensuring you would lose control as well. Thankfully the fireplace contained most of the flames and burnt out without doing serious or permanent damage. With a gasp she apologizes again but you tell her not to worry about it, she did not know what would happen after all.

With that little bit of adventure over with you think about returning to your tent for the night, it is probably early morning by now and it is a long walk back but you need at least a few hours of sleep. Thaïs offers you a bed for the night, just to sleep in, she adds quickly, but you are not sure if it would be a good idea all things considered.

Weighing up the advantages and disadvantages you decide to stay, you really don't want to walk through the dark back to the tent and a bed would be divine, she shows you to one of the better bedrooms and bids you goodnight. As she closes the door she again apologizes for almost blowing you up.

You use the wash basin to get cleaned up and head to bed. As you lay in bed you think about the people you have assembled for the expedition, the good doctor and his apprentice, Tyrvard and Gareth, Serpent and Thaïs and you wonder if you can or even should trust any of them. You really want to have actual friends, the way Henry and Ian trusted each other was always something you envied a little, but it is also a great way to wind up dead. Well you will just have to see what the morning holds...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thaïs greets you when you come downstairs, she must have been out to the shop early as breakfast is laid out in the study. She also tells you that she has taken the liberty of having your tent collected from the camp. She probably still feels a bit guilty about almost killing you, well that is a risk when it come to magic and she will have to be willing to take it if she wants to pursue that path. The two of you pass the day in conversation, your armour arrives along with a second parcel from Ren for Thaïs, a lighter suit of Tyrian leather, less protection but also easier to wear for someone unaccustomed to adventuring. It seems that Thaïs had paid a visit to the Bazaar right after you had saved her, she had placed an order for the heavily modified armour and picked up a few minor magical items in case of emergencies.

That afternoon Serpent arrives wearing padded armour, a satchel full of mandrake roots over one shoulder and his medical supplies in his pack. He also caries a knife and a shovel of all things. When you ask about it he simply responds that you never know when you may have to do a bit of digging. You and Thaïs share a look of confusion but more information is not forthcoming. The three of you spend the afternoon discussing a variety of subjects from your pasts, to politics, to magical theory. It seems that Serpent has interest in magic and the ability but has never really had a teacher, Thaïs whispers to you that the two of you should "train" him you have to laugh at the thought as the both of you are barely better off than he is.

Still it is a thought worth considering, you are all "independent" talents, in that you do not belong to a circle. You could try forming your own Circle for mutual protection and support, you know Thaïs would support the idea after last night, the woman loves knowledge and power almost as much as you do. Serpent is still a bit of a mystery however, you will have to find out who he is and what he really wants from life.

As the afternoon wears on you leave to go pick up the doctor and his apprentice, you find them outside the Children's offices, today he does look like a wizard, dressed in blue-grey robes with a wide brimmed hat. The apprentice is also dressed in similar if less ornate robes and carries a massive pack, seems he makes her carry the supplies, when she sees you she steps slightly behind her master and gives you a dirty look. You don't know why the kid hates you but it is obvious that she does.

"Doctor Miosguinn are you ready to depart?"

"Ah good, Miss Derryth, we are ready when you are."

You collect the two Children and return to the safehouse to find Gareth and Tyrvard have already arrived. Serpent and Tyrvard are standing at opposite sides of the room staring daggers at one another, Thaïs waves you over and explains. It seems that Serpent is from Gower one of the northern realms of men and he and the Beserk do not seem to like one another. He made an off hand remark about the sanity and hygiene of the Northern peoples and Tyrvard did not respond well.

She has managed to get them each to swear that they will work together during the trip and she thinks they will keep their words but she can not be sure. Great, just the sort of thing you needed, you will probably have to talk to them or get Thaïs to manage them since each is an important asset. Or you could cut one loose...

The entire group files upstairs and you lay out the potential routes you can take to the ruin once the sun goes down. In the centre of the room is Thaïs' map marked with known patrol routs, monster sightings and the points of entry...

Pick one option from each of the sets of options ( 1), 2), and 3)):

1)There are three good points of entry, you point to each of the three markers in turn:

a)The First is closest to our target, it has the highest security but will make for the shortest trip. We will have to move quietly and pack lightly to avoid patrols.

b)The Second is further out but it is the biggest entrance and one of the least secure. You can expect monsters but few patrols or other adventurers. It should not impact the length of the trip one way or another.

c)The Third is the furthest out, it will add two weeks to the trip but almost no one knows about it so there will be less resistance.

2)There is also the question of supplies, thanks to Thaïs you have options:

a) Carry everything, this is the stealthiest choice but gives you the least supplies, about half of what you bought.

b)Use the hand cart, this will let you transport most of the supplies but will slow you down if you hit rough terrain. You can not pick this if you go with 1a.

c)Use the wagon, you will be able to take all of the supplies and even be able to transfer some of the load from your packs. You will travel lighter but will still be dependent on the wagon. You can not pick this if you go with 1a.

3)There is also the question of Serpent and Tyrvard:

a)You and Thaïs will just have to manage the situation, you need both men.

b)Tell Tyrvard to leave, he won't be happy but you need the physician.

c)Tell Serpent to leave, you hate to see him go but you need the muscle

Last edited:

Kz3r0

Arcane
1c
2c
3a

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom