Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Myth: A New Age CYOA

Fangshi

Arcane
Nevill said:
Fangshi, can Lyssa tell us what item can be used to make it possible for us to communicate with elephants, and how much time would it take?

Any item that is from the elephants (or an elephant in general) will work. The spell can be done within an hour once the item is procured.

Nevill said:
Can we obtain such an item from the animals themselves without harming them?

You sure can, she can make an elephant hair bracelet or two for you. She will just need to collect the hair they shed though that might be a bit difficult with their handlers around all the time.

Jester said:
Did i was only one who thought about this? :lol:

I have to admit, I was tempted. ;)

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
She will just need to collect the hair they shed though that might be a bit difficult with their handlers around all the time.
Why?

Weren't we appointed as commanders of our squad? Why can't we simply order them around? The King is paying them salary, and we are his representatives.

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
By the way guys. I just find out other goal to our "must do" list.

'Punish the Traitor!' - find and decide what to do with real Rand.

Why?

Weren't we appointed as commanders of our squad? Why can't we simply order them around? The King is paying them salary, and we are his representatives.

Good questions.

By the way, Fangshi. Can you link our goal list on Extras in first post? Just in case.

Fangshi

Arcane
Nevill said:
Why?

Well, it is weird. Unless you want them to know what you are doing she will have to be discrete and it is not that easy to be discrete while following elephants around and collecting hair from them.

To be honest the handlers don't really like having Lyssa snooping around their animals to begin with. She is always giving them dirty looks and they have started to whisper amongst themselves that she is some sort of witch... :lol:

Nevill

Arcane
'Punish the Traitor!' - find and decide what to do with real Rand.
Decide?

image.jpg

I'm not taking chances even to interrogate the guy.

Well, it is weird. Unless you want them to know what you are doing she will have to be discrete and it is not that easy to be discrete while following elephants around and collecting hair from them.
I am going to talk to their animals. Mage stuff.

Is there a problem with that?

Fangshi

Arcane
Nevill said:
Is there a problem with that?

Are you asking them or telling them? :lol:

They are just regular humans, they can not actually stop you but they would prefer if you didn't and they will make a report to their leaders when they get back if you do.

I am thinking of closing the votes in 24hrs or so. Just a reminder for anyone that want to vote and has not done so yet.

Jester

Arbiter
We never met elephant. Bring us this amount of hair for experimentation, mumble something about elephant durability and strength. When we get the bracelets put one on, asking Thais before to cast warrior mask. After spell triggers say something like success. Remember faces of animal handlers to laugh at later.

Fangshi

Arcane
Jester said:
We never met elephant. Bring us this amount of hair for experimentation, mumble something about elephant durability and strength. When we get the bracelets put one on, asking Thais before to cast warrior mask. After spell triggers say something like success. Remember faces of animal handlers to laugh at later.

If you tell them that then they will want to sell you the hair. If their elephants are useful as spell components they will expect to make a profit off of them as that is not part of your standing contract with them.

Nevill

Arcane
Are you asking them or telling them? :lol:
I assume that we have had enough opportunities to do so, so yes, I am telling them.

They are just regular humans, they can not actually stop you but they would prefer if you didn't and they will make a report to their leaders when they get back if you do.
Sure, knock yourselves out.

Though it would depend on what kind of stuff makes it into the report. Some things are state secrets, after all, and you do not want to be caught gossiping about that.

That we are able to talk to animals is hardly anything special considering all the other rumors circulating about us.

Jester

Arbiter
Jester said:

If you tell them that then they will want to sell you the hair. If their elephants are useful as spell components they will expect to make a profit off of them as that is not part of your standing contract with them.
If its 1 WP its worth a joke. IMO.

Fangshi

Arcane
Jester said:
If its 1 WP its worth a joke. IMO.

Yeah, 1WP would cover it if you want and they will even keep it from their masters since they will want to pocket the money.

If you want I can work out a question for this and put it to a vote.

Nevill

Arcane
Don't know about that since what I am going to do next would probably make it into the report anyway.

But I am not very stingy with our pennies. Just remember that 2 more of these jokes will make us go broke. :lol:

Fangshi

Arcane
Because they will terrify the elephants? :smug:

Actually that makes sense so your options are:

6. Elephant Hair Collection: You might want to make an item that will allow you to talk to the Hound's elephants. Lyssa can manage this but she will need something taken from the elephants to work with. Hair would be easiest. You decide to:

A) Not bother with this, it is not worth the time/effort/resources.

B) Have Lyssa collect the hair. When the Hounds ask why you will tell them that you wish to work a magic spell that will let you talk to the elephants. They will not approve but they can not stop you and they are under contract. They will likely inform their masters when you get back though.

C) Have Lyssa collect the hair. When the Hounds ask why you will tell them that you wish to work a magic spell that will let you talk to the elephants. You will offer to buy the hair from the Hounds for 1WP. The Hounds will likely not inform their masters of this arrangement should they accept as they will want to keep all the money for themselves.

D) Have Martin and the mice/rats collect the hair. They should be able to do it discretely without anyone noticing or caring if they do. The Hounds will not be happy should they find out what you are doing though.

E) freeform

Edit:

Sorry about that, there were two C options. Fixed now.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Eh. Give them their 1 WP. We'll murder them and sell their equipment later anyway.

6C.

Nevill

Arcane
Because they will terrify the elephants? :smug:
Why not have Lyssa ask them if they are afraid or not to know for sure?

Hmmm... rat commissars to drive our forces to victory?
rat_race.jpg

Something to think about...

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
6. Elephant Hair Collection: You might want to make an item that will allow you to talk to the Hound's elephants. Lyssa can manage this but she will need something taken from the elephants to work with. Hair would be easiest. You decide to:

C) Have Lyssa collect the hair. When the Hounds ask why you will tell them that you wish to work a magic spell that will let you talk to the elephants. You will offer to buy the hair from the Hounds for 1WP. The Hounds will likely not inform their masters of this arrangement should they accept as they will want to keep all the money for themselves.

Simple and easy. Our style.

Nevill

Arcane
Fangshi, how many Energon Cubes we could take from the Academy for our Spinner? It is the biggest concentration of mages in the Kingdom, surely most of them are clients to the Brothers Dietfrieds.

It is going to be either cubes (freeform), or the Anvil (2Ciii) for me. Can't think of anything else we'd need.

Or, and let's redistribute the cubes to have an equal amount on hand between our three mages.

Last edited:

Fangshi

Arcane
Nevill said:
Fangshi, how many Energon Cubes we could take from the Academy for our Spinner? It is the biggest concentration of mages in the Kingdom, surely most of them are clients to the Brothers Dietfrieds.

It is going to be either cubes (freeform), or the Anvil (2Ciii) for me. Can't think of anything else we'd need.

Alright you ask them how many energon cubes they have to hand. You have to pressure them quite a bit to actually get an answer but after they all turn out their pockets and a few run to their labs and back you are confronted by a pile of thirty cubes. It is clear they want to keep them but they will not stop you from taking them.

I will add it to the options.

Nevill said:
Or, and let's redistribute the cubes to have an equal amount on hand between our three mages.

I can do that if there are no objections, same as switching around equipment in general. If anyone disagrees though it will require a vote.

I will leave the vote open for a bit longer so you can consider you new options, let's say eight hours or so.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Cubes.

Definitely cubes.

We will need to live to use that anvil or what-have-you, and there is only so much we can do with our current supplies until Albrecht's package arrives.

2F - 30 Energon cubes, and I urge everyone to consider that option.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom