Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Myth: A New Age CYOA

Fangshi

Arcane
Baltika9 said:
Nah, I'm abstaining for now since I want to retain blaming rights.

Noted. I will update the count.

Nevill said:
But will she be as hot as the original?
Probably not. I already gave you a pretty princess (two in fact considering that they are now 'co-protagonists'). If you break them I see no reason to give you replacements. :smug:

Nevill said:
And will she be a lesbian? It is kind of important! :oops:

Well it is not like your current Derryth is a lesbian either. :lol:

Baltika9 said:
Or we could play as one of his children in the Royal Court of the Pimp In The North. That would be fun.
Provided their kingdom survives that long. Can't get into details though, something for the future perhaps. :smug:

Baltika9

Arcane
It had better survive. Looking forward to surviving the machinations of our father's concubines and rising to become the greatest Pimp in the North. With a cool title like 'The Kraken' or something.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Probably not. I already gave you a pretty princess (two in fact considering that they are now 'co-protagonists'). If you break them I see no reason to give you replacements. :smug:
They weren't actual princesses. They don't count.

Nevill said:
Well it is not like your current Derryth is a lesbian either. :lol:
Uh-huh. That's what she is telling herself.

Just looks at our circle - 90% are females. Hot females. How does she explain that?

It had better survive. Looking forward to surviving the machinations of our father's concubines and rising to become the greatest Pimp in the North. With a cool title like 'The Kraken' or something.
But what if it's going to be a girl?

Nevill

Arcane
But The Kraken is an inappropriate name for a girl. We need something more feminine. Kráka, maybe? :smug:

Nevill

Arcane
Sooo... any other takers? Come on, guys, talk to me! If there is something that needs adjusting, it might be better to find out about it now.

"Thaïs," the officer answers, "That last flight of stairs, it- it split me."

"I don't know. It feels like half of me is gone but not dead or anything and it doesn't hurt either. I am still here and there and both and neither and these parts of me, they are-" she stops again, it is entirely possible that she simply does not have the means to express her ideas, " No. I don't know. I can't feel my other half, I don't know where it is or what its doing but I know it is there, somewhere. Does that make any sense?"
Wait, what? In a month and a half that we have Caoilainn with us we have not moved from Thais farther than 12 meters even once? Or how far is it?

What sorcery is this?

Kz3r0

Arcane
D
Supporting Nevill's plan for lack of a better alternative, as reserve, just in case, I propose:

E

Menace not-Rand to kill them all if they touch Thais and ready greater energy bolt using it to hide to hide the casting of the Warrrior Mask on Thais.

F

Propose not-Rand to collaborate with him to retrieve the spearhead if he releases Thais, this is a real proposal not a feint, to avoid Jan hearing you communicate the plan to Thais through the bracelets and let her negotiate with her captors.

Fangshi

Arcane
Nevill said:
Wait, what? In a month and a half that we have Caoilainn with us we have not moved from Thais farther than 12 meters even once? Or how far is it?

It was more than twelve metres, though you are not sure at the moment exactly how far it was. The bracelets only work as a reliable homing/communication device when the two of you are within twelve metres of each other (at the moment the ladies are about ten metres apart) after that Caoilainn has trouble acting with any sort of consistency. This would suggest that the limitation is on her and not the bracelets, it is likely that Faceless enjoyed a much larger 'zone of control' and that her ability to use the bracelets is tied to her skill as a mage or her understanding of how the bracelets function. When Caoilainn 'snapped' you exceeded the maximum range she could even attempt to cover, effectively splitting her into two separate but related instances (at least that is Derryth's current working theory, she has not had time to really delve into it though considering the situation).

As for the other question, as far as the updates go you have barely separated at all in the last month, let alone gone far enough apart to split Caoilainn. Outside of the updates you have certainly been more than twelve metres apart at least a few times but this is the first time that you have exceeded Caolainn's maximum range.

Kz3r0 said:
New options

I will add them to the list.

Current Tally:

Grimgravy: C
Nevill: D
Baltika9: G
Azira: D
Jester: D
Kz3r0: D>E>F

Last edited:

Fangshi

Arcane
Alright the vote is closed, D wins. You will attempt to deceive and defeat the cultists.

I will have a lot of rolling to do and then we will see if you live or die and whether any or all of your party survives.

Ideally the update will be up within sixteen hours. I might actually make that deadline this time.

Absinthe

Arcane
This all started going south when Nevill had an urge to add an option to name names to Jan for no good reason and you guys voted for that.

Fangshi, since Mazzarin still owes us a favor (and is presumably more favorably disposed towards our survival after we destroyed the Watcher's main army) and is probably monitoring our situation through our necklaces, is there any chance of him showing up to stop us from getting killed? Even if it's a "Well ladies, looks like you're in trouble, do you want my help [expend favor]?" type intervention.

Absinthe

Arcane
I would've voted for that, yes.

Right now my question is whether Mazzarin will intervene without praying.

Fangshi

Arcane
Absinthe said:
Fangshi, since Mazzarin still owes us a favor (and is presumably more favorably disposed towards our survival after we destroyed the Watcher's main army) and is probably monitoring our situation through our necklaces, is there any chance of him showing up to stop us from getting killed? Even if it's a "Well ladies, looks like you're in trouble, do you want my help [expend favor]?" type intervention.

He might as he would likely get a lot of pleasure out of seeing the ladies beg for his help but he does not know you are in danger so I would not expect him to intervene unless you specifically do something to catch his attention.

If the ladies die and their necklaces go inert he will probably come to investigate eventually (there are no known instant and 'unlimited' teleportation spells in the setting so it might take him a while to get down to the temple) but that will do the party little good I am afraid.

All I can say is that if you had PRAYed for his aid something would have happened though I can't get into specifics.

Absinthe

Arcane
Well, at least we should have a lot of rerolls.

"Impressions I: Daddy's Little Girl - Thaïs' memories have started to influence you a little, you work better with her when trying to convince others. One failed persuasion test by either of you is re-rolled."

So the charisma check gets a bonus from one impression (Whiskey Tongue) and a reroll from another (Daddy's Little Girl).

"Impressions II: Drunk Luck - No matter what mischief Thaïs gets up to she always seems to land on her feet. Having lived through more of her memories you think you have a better understanding of how she does it. (Gives you a second chance to perform actions that require dexterity when under pressure or intoxicated.)"

Combined with Second Set of Eyes we should have a couple of rerolls for anything immediately lethal. Plus we should have resistances from bracelets/amulet/heaven stone too. And then there are mandrake roots and stored heal.

Here's to hoping we don't die. I hope that Berty training has given Biliku and Uttu some valuable skills for seizing opportunities when the clusterfuck goes down.

Fangshi, can we use the Heaven Stone as an anti-magic grenade if they get their hands on the spearhead?

Last edited:

Fangshi

Arcane
Absinthe said:
Fangshi, can we use the Heaven Stone as an anti-magic grenade if they get their hands on the spearhead?

In most scenarios where they get to the spearhead your party would be in no position to use the anti-magic grenade (you would mostly be incapacitated or dead as Derryth's group is closer to the cultists and less defended than Jan is).

It is also something that is easier to prepare outside of direct combat. Derryth could try it in combat, as she has created them before and she does know the steps fairly well, but there would be a chance it would blow up in her face if she tried to do it while also fighting/casting.

Nevill

Arcane
All I can say is that if you had PRAYed for his aid something would have happened though I can't get into specifics.
PRAYing in one of the oldest temples dedicated to the Spider Goddess. I wonder who would have answered. :roll:

I don't suppose that - if we get some fallen we can't get to in time - we might be able to send our people to the Dreaming for safekeeping? Morpheus supports student exchange program provided we get him someone even more valuable, and we kinda have an agreement in place. Better than dying, I suppose. :M

Last edited:

Fangshi

Arcane
Nevill said:
PRAYing in one of the oldest temples dedicated to the Spider Goddess. I wonder who would have answered. :roll:

There were a few interesting things that could happen but not that. If you PRAY directly for Mazzarin some two bit deity is not going to involve herself. The Goddess knows better than to pick a fight with a mage she can not beat. :lol:

Nevill said:
I don't suppose that - if we get some fallen we can't get to in time - we might be able to send our people to the Dreaming for safekeeping? Morpheus supports student exchange program provided we get him someone even more valuable, and we kinda have an agreement in place. Better than dying, I suppose. :M

You need a living target that is weak enough to be 'dropped' into the void with your retrieve item spell if you want to create a gate so it would be very much dependent on just how many people are incapacitated v. killed in the fight. It is within the realm of possibility that he could help but I would hold off on that till I get the update out (it might not even be necessary, one way or the other). I am half done, it should not be too long now (advantages of not sleeping I suppose).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom