Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Myth: A New Age CYOA

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
We already wasted the opportunity to dispose of Mazzarin when we could.
Remind me when we had one.

Kz3r0

Arcane
We already wasted the opportunity to dispose of Mazzarin when we could.
Remind me when we had one.
He was reduced to a corpse using almost all his magical fiorce to stay alive, we could have buried him in the cave and then come back with our circle of mages to cast him into oblivion with the gate spell.
Besides, this is the point, or we submit to any all too powerful mage we encounter or just hope that they will be nice to us and le us alone or we seize the opportunity when we can to dispose of them.

Nevill

Arcane
He was reduced to a corpse using almost all his magical fiorce to stay alive, we could have buried him in the cave and then come back with our circle of mages to cast him into oblivion with the gate spell.
Dude, he is effectively unkillable. His blood turned to ash and he was still alive. He is more powerful than a god. Several times more powerful than the Spider Goddess, at least. And you are talking about casting him into oblivion with a measly spell that any archmage with an ounce of skill can turn on our heads the moment we try to cast it.
Any Archmage worth his salt will be able to detect what you are doing in the half hour to full hour it would take to open a stable gate (once the anchor is in place anyone with the ability can try and find it, a gifted mage could probably sense it as soon as you attach the anchor). So if you are trying to drop this on someone with real power you would need a way to hide the buildup.

Second, this is a two way Gate. If you want to dump energy through to the other side it is entirely possible for a skilled archmage or group of mages to push it back through to your side and blow you up instead.
You are really, really overestimating our magical prowess.

You simply lack the means to destroy creatures so powerful they don't need a physical body anymore. The Watcher was petrified and hacked into little stones, one of which we've found in the dwarven fort, and he is still fine. Now how do you kill that?

And Mazzarin is more powerful than him. TFM ranks a bit below, but still I think he is far outside of our capabilities.

Ah, what will be will be.

Besides, this is the point, or we submit to any all too powerful mage we encounter or just hope that they will be nice to us and le us alone or we seize the opportunity when we can to dispose of them.
We did not submit to anyone so far. Not to Nine, not to the Spider Goddess, not to Culwyeh, not to Ravanna, not to The Faceless Man and not to Mazzarin. We always stood our ground. But it does not mean we can go LOLOLOL, I'M INVINCIBLE and start spitting in their faces when it can be avoided.

The dichotomy between submitting to a greater power and making this power your enemy is a false one. With some it works this way (the Spider Goddess). With some it does not (Mazzarin). With some, it's the exact opposite, they like and respect us more because we are defiant (Nine).

Going out of your way to piss all of them because you are just that rebellious is bound to end poorly one day.

Last edited:

Kz3r0

Arcane
Dude, he is effectively unkillable. His blood turned to ash and he was still alive. He is more powerful than a god. Several times more powerful than the Spider Goddess, at least. And you are talking about casting him into oblivion with a measly spell that any archmage with an ounce of skill can turn on our heads the moment we try to cast it.
I was counting on the fact that he was busy trying to keep himself together and not crumble apart.
You simply lack the means to destroy creatures so powerful they don't need a physical body anymore.
While is true that we lack the needed power from what I saw even the most powerful of them needs a physical anchor to this world, this is why this opportunity with the Faceless Man is so temptiing to me.

We did not submit to anyone so far. Not to Nine,

She couldn't cast, only hope that we sunmit out of stupidity craving promised power or out of necessity in a desperate situation.
not to the Spider Goddess,

But we had the power and means to defy her.
not to Culwyeh, not to Ravanna,

But we had alternatives, even if riskious ones.

not to The Faceless Man

Only because he can't gain control of us through brute force.

and not to Mazzarin.

But we relied on him thinking of himself as a 'good guy', for all intent and purspose we completely depended on his whims.

Going out of your way to piss all of them because you are just that rebellious is bound to end poorly one day.
It's not that I feel rebellious, I simply think that is in our best interest get rid of him and I see this as a very rare opportunity to achieve that.
My judgement can be incorrect but I am not doing it out of spite or anything else.

We are pissing this guy off one way or the other in D. He has a hostage, he said what he is going to do if we interfere, and slamming the gate in his face definitely counts as interfering. The D choice says that "hopefully the creature can defeat him", so we know what we at least expect to happen, a fight between the creature and TFM where we are not going to be cheering for TFM. That's what the choice says, I fear that diplomacy is done for in D.

Nevill

Arcane
It's not that I feel rebellious, I simply think that is in our best interest get rid of him and I see this as a very rare opportunity to achieve that.
My judgement can be incorrect but I am not doing it out of spite or anything else.
I wasn't trying to imply that. I just wanted to remind people that you can defy them without necessarily becoming their target, which is a very unwise thing to do.

We are pissing this guy off one way or the other in D. He has a hostage, he said what he is going to do if we interfere, and slamming the gate in his face definitely counts as interfering.
He said that because he thought he was in a position of power and thought that it will remain so. C and D remove him from that position. He will be pissed, but will he be pissed enough to declare war on us? That is the question.

Mazzarin was not terribly happy to have us deny all of his requests either, yet we parted ways on civil terms, regardless of our mutual feelings. We've found his Achilles' heel. Why can't TFM have one?

Last edited:
But the choice clearly states what we expect to happen. A fight where we are hoping TFM doesn't win. That should already tell us something - this is it, time for talking is over.

Kz3r0

Arcane
About pissing off The Faceless Man, there are some considerations to do here, in my opinion he is acting 'nicely' only because the bracelets, hence us, are his insurance if somenthing goes wrong, being the sleazy schemer he is probably he preferred to convince us with a mixture of threats and promises instead of offing us,remaining with only one untested option, the gate.
Then there are the necklaces Mazzarin gave us, I don't know what they do, the Oneroi'spells seemed to circumvent their wards, we should totally learn their spells in this case, but for any direct action The Faceless Man will do against us I thin that they will react, this is why I think he is bluffing against Lyssa, and could be another reason why he didn't try anything against us except for threaths, and promises.

Nevill

Arcane
About pissing off The Faceless Man, there are some considerations to do here, in my opinion he is acting 'nicely' only because the bracelets, hence us, are his insurance if somenthing goes wrong, being the sleazy schemer he is probably he preferred to convince us with a mixture of threats and promises instead of offing us,remaining with only one untested option, the gate.
Nah, he is actually being careless. He even closed his eyes in anticipation.
As you think, the Faceless Man strides towards the gate. He pays you absolutely no attention, he is already thinking on his future. He smiles broadly, his eyes closed.
Cautious people who suspect that something can go wrong don't act that way. He is genuinely drunk with long-awaited freedom.

He really likes us - as far as that word can apply to what the man feels - and has plans for us in the future, plans that I don't want to be a part of, which is why I am acting now.

Fangshi

Arcane
I will close the vote after the weekend so another 24 hours and we will see what happens.

Current Tally:

Baltika9 Di
Grimgravy B
Kipeci A>B
Nevill B>Di
Kz3r0 Dii
Smashing Axe A>B>E>F>C>D
Jester B
archaen Dii
asxetos D>F
Zero Credibility Dii>B>F
GreyViper Di

A) 2 votes
B) 3 votes
C)
D) 6 votes:
i. 2 votes
ii. 3 votes
E)
F)
G)
H)

Post Flop:

A)
B) 3 votes
C)
D) 8 votes
i. 3 votes
ii. 3 votes
E)
F)
G)
H)

Let me know if I missed any changes in your votes.

Edit:
Going to do a little cleaning up of the front page.

Last edited:

Fangshi

Arcane
Characters:

They are still limited by what Derryth actually knows. The closer she is to the person the more accurate the information available will be. Characters may have items, skills and spells not on the list. Character sheets are also based on the last time Derryth was in prolonged contact with the character in question. Characters may gain or lose stats, items, skills, affiliations and/or spells in the interm.

Members of the Lost:
Green = Someone Derryth knows and trusts completely and who also knows and trusts Derryth completely. Family for all intents and purposes. Complete to almost complete information is available for them.
Yellow = A party member/friend/employee/associate Derryth is uncertain about and/or someone who is uncertain about Derryth. Only partial information is available on them. Spellbook information will rarely be available for such people.

Everyone Else:
Blue = An ally but not someone under Derryth's actual command. The level of mutual trust is irrelevant. Information can vary wildly and is largely based on direct experience and observation.
Red = Known individuals which are neutral, antagonistic, or directly hostile. All information is based on speculation or direct observation.

In Party:

Derryth ó Foghladh: Player Character

Derryth ó Foghladh:

STR: 4/10 DEX: 5/10 CON: 6/10
INT: 8/10 WIS: 8/10 CHA: 4/10

Useful Skills:
Active (require specific conditions/spells):
Magical:

Magical Stimulant (Sanity gain when in close proximity to another necklace. Sanity loss when away from another necklace for extended lengths of time (more than two days).
Second Set of Eyes (Caoilainn is riding on your arm. She can grant both you and Thaïs additional saves should you fail a fatal check when you are in close proximity to one another.)

Passive (always apply):
Magical:
Magical Training
Nine's Training Deception
Nine's Training Binding
Nine's Influence
Nine's Training Manipulation
Mazzarin's Lessons Manipulation
Expanded Theory
Basic Mental Interrogation Techniques
Synchronized Casting: Derryth and Thaïs

Musical Magic:
Vocal Training: Beginner
Natural Talent: Vocals

Academic/Knowledge:
Literacy
Scholarly Knowledge
Herbal Skill
Quick Learner

Languages:
Language Bruig
Language Dwarven

Military/Combat:
Basic Combat Knowledge

Physical Training:
Keen Eyes

Social:
Professional Drinker
Dwarven Etiquette
One hell of a Pair
Impressions I: Daddy's Little Girl
Hero of the Kingdom
Semi-Refined Manners
Impressions II: Drunk Luck
Impressions III: A Mother's Song
Sexpert's Apprentice

Equipment:
Weapons:
Knife
The Whip
Small Wooden Buckler
Silver Staff
10 Sticky Bombs
2 exquisitely crafted knives

Armour/Clothing:
Clothing:
Clothes
Gorgeous Green Evening Dress
Beautiful Clothing
Attractive Hunting Attire
A Very Stylish Hat

Armour:
Fire Resistant Leather Armour (Grants slight protection from magical and mundane fire.)
2 Steel Cloaks (wearing one and the other in reserve)

Magical Items:
Single Use Items:
12 energon cubes (used to power most spells)
1 946ml bottle energon whiskey (used to power most spells, caution: can be addictive)
4 vomit disks (When lit on fire anyone within three metres of where they land will be hit with an odor so foul that it will trigger acute vomiting, nausea and extraordinarily painful dry heaving. The effects usually only last about ten minutes but if you have a very keen sense of smell it can last as long as twenty.)

Flexible Enchanted Items:
Gold Ring (Can store one spell for instant use at a later time.) [Currently Storing: Heal]
Spell Plate, Fire/Water (Can store one powerful fire, water, or fire and water spell for instant use at a later time.) [Currently Storing: Greater Firebolt]
A silver ring (Enchanted: The Path of Clarity)
A gold necklace (Enchanted: The Path of Intellect)

Gold Ring (Can store one spell for instant use at a later time.) [Currently Storing: Heal] - On loan to Lyssa

Fixed Enchantment Items:
Heaven Stone (Minor Magical Protection)
First Piece of the Halcyon Stone (Possible Weather Control)
One of a Matching Pair of Bracelets (Very Slight Physical Protection, Second Set of Eyes)
Water Breathing Stone (Water Breathing)
Mazzarin's Necklace (Minor Magical and Physical Protection when within ten meters of both other necklaces, slight Magical and Physical Protection when within ten metres of one necklace, Magical Stimulant)
Elephant Hair Bracelet (When worn on the wrist allows the user to communicate with elephants as if they had mastered the spell Bestial Tongue.)
Book of the Past (Attunes to whoever holds it in their bare hands for more than twenty minutes. Once attuned it begins to fill up with the true and complete life story of its 'owner'. Every time it is picked up by its owner after that it will attempt to update its contents with new information. It can be reset by attuning it to a new owner at which point its contents will be wiped and the process will begin again.)
1 pair entangled dice (When you roll one die the other will roll as well to reveal the 'opposite' face of its partner: 1/6, 2/5, 3/4.)
1 enchanting oil can (This can will apply an enchantment to any oil poured into it. The enchantment will change every twenty four hours and the enchantment chosen for every new day is randomly generated. Oil that is enchanted in this way will retain its enchantment for twelve hours after leaving the can.)

Unidentified Items:
Ring of the Master (Unknown)
23 green vials (Unknown)
Ruined vermilion robes (Unknown, Minor Fire Resistance)
Amber necklace (Unknown)
Vermilion's Myrkridian Orb (Unknown)

Misc Goods:
Books/Notes/Letters:
Magical:
Spellbook
Compendium of the Dreaming
Purple Sun scroll
Vermilion Spellbook
Amber Spellbook
Green Spellbook

The Thin White Mage's tome - on loan to Nephila

An Elemental Tome - given to Mayer as a security on your loan
A Worn Book: Golems for dummies - given to Mayer as a security on your loan
Half a dozen unsorted spell pages - given to Mayer as a security on your loan
Gullveig's tome - given to Mayer as a security on your loan
Five Spellbooks written in the language of the Spider Goddess - given to Mayer as a security on your loan

Mundane:
A Weathered Book: On the Cycles of Light and Dark
Single Invitation to the Silver Flame
King's Letter

Gullveig's documents (enemy list, casualty reports, etc) - on loan to Nephila
Gullveig's ciphered letters (enemy list, casualty reports, etc) - on loan to Nephila

Tools:
Brass Spyglass
Tyrvard's Still

Other:
'Like a Dwarf' sticker
Mystery Box
Melted Spinner
8 Empty Bombs
1 metre of gliding cloth

Derryth's Vault (storage):
The Heron Scrolls
The Ancient Tablet
The Gate Tablet
One large Unsorted Collection of Scavenged Spellbooks
Miosguinn's Stone
Miosguinn's Cube
The Dream Map and Notes

Pets:
Untrained:
Martin, Ratguard Mouse Warrior - On hand
Weapons: Hat pin, Steel Pin (Enchanted: Poison Oath)
Armour: Gliding Cloak​

Spellbook:
Mastered:
Illusions/Mental:
Suggestion (M)
False Memory (M)
Mass Suggestion (M)
Compulsion (M)
Mass Compulsion (M)
Assault (M)
Instruction (M)
Fear (M)
Strengthen Will (M)(r)*

Movement:
Sort

Elemental:
Magic Zap (L)
Create Fire (F)
Firebolt (F)
Greater Firebolt (F)

Gate/Travel:
Retrieve Item
Lost's Retrieve Item

Healing:
Heal
Greater Heal (r)*

Invisability/Light:
Light
Polish

Protection:
Light Runes
Warding Runes (r)*

Physical:
The Warrior's Mask

Musical:
Coirpre's First Utterance

Known:
Illusion/Mental:
Mass Assault (M)
Mass False Memory (M)
Delayed Reaction (M)
Control (M)
Mass Fear (M)
Infiltration (M)(r)*

Elemental:
Energy Bolt (L)

Gate/Travel:
Gate (r)*

Physical:
Eternal Bloom (r)*

Enchantment:
The Path of Tongues
The Path of Memory
The Path of Intellect
The Path of Clarity
Confusing Riddle
Consuming Riddle
Distracting Riddle

Meta:
Calm Casting
The Conqueror's Path
Iron Will

*Spells that are too powerful to be cast by yourself.
** Spells that require you to master another spell to make any progress with. (For example to begin to master Greater Heal, you will first have to master Heal)

Affiliations:
The Circle of the Lost - Founding Member, Leader
Pathfinders - Honorary member, External adviser

Biography:
A life-long study of the arcane and a master with a single-minded obsession for lost artifacts hasn't made you particularly charming, but it's given you a strong constitution, a keen eye for traps, and an even keener mind for magic. Your thirst for knowledge has brought you to Muirthemne, in search for one of the Halycon Stones. Your master would also have come with you if your last excursion into a tomb didn't end with him triggering a pressure plate. Not to worry though, you haven't let the sight of his strewn entrails diminish your optimism. The only trouble here seems to be seeking out some help for your journey. For some reason, everyone seems to think your plan is insane and they don't even want to bother hearing you out.

Thaïs of Scales: Currently In Party

Thaïs of Scales:

STR: 3/10 DEX: 5/10 CON: 4/10
INT: 8/10 WIS: 6/10 CHA: 9/10

Useful Skills:
Active:
Magical:
Magical Stimulant (Sanity gain when in close proximity to another necklace. Sanity loss when away from another necklace for extended lengths of time (more than two days).)
Second Set of Eyes (Caoilainn is riding on your arm. She can grant both you and Derryth additional saves should you fail a fatal check when you are in close proximity to one another.)

Passive:
Magical:
Magical Training
Nine's Influence
Mazzarin's Lessons Manipulation
Expanded Theory
Basic Mental Interrogation Techniques
Synchronized Casting: Thaïs and Derryth

Musical Magic:
Natural Talent: Vocals

Academic/Knowledge:
Literacy
Quick Learner

Languages:
Language Bruig
Language Dwarven

Physical Training:
Impressions I: Steady Hands
Impressions III: The 'Dwarven Incident'

Social:
Born Liar
Courtly Manners
Sexpert
Negotiator
Silver Tongue
Professional Drinker
Dwarven Etiquette
One hell of a Pair
Hero of the Kingdom
Impressions II: Whiskey Tongue

Equipment:
Weapons:
Knife
Hand Held Repeating Crossbow
Three Magazines of Standard Bolts (180)*

*Note: In practice she can not make use of more than three magazines at a time, limiting her capacity to sixty bolts at any given time. The rest she will keep in storage or her pack and will swap them in as needed provided she can access them.

Armour/Clothing:
Clothing:
Fine Clothes
Gorgeous Red Evening Dress
Beautiful Clothing
Attractive Hunting Attire

Armour:
Fire Resistant Leather Armour (Grants slight protection from magical and mundane fire.)
Steel Cloak

Magical Items:
Single Use Items:
12 energon cubes (used to power most spells)

Flexible Enchantment Items:
Gold Ring (Can store one spell for instant use at a later time.) [Currently Storing: Heal]
Spell Plate, Thunder/Earth (Can store one powerful thunder, earth or thunder and earth spell for instant use at a later time.) [Currently Storing: Greater Energy Bolt]
A gold necklace (Enchanted: The Path of Intellect)

Fixed Enchantment Items:
One of a Matching Pair of Bracelets (Very slight Physical Protection, Second Set of Eyes)
Mazzarin's Necklace (Minor Magical and Physical Protection when within ten meters of both other necklaces, slight Magical and Physical Protection when within ten metres of one necklace, Magical Stimulant)
Elephant Hair Bracelet (When worn on the wrist allows the user to communicate with elephants as if they had mastered the spell Bestial Tongue.)

Misc:
Books/Notes/Letters:
Magical:
Spellbook
Scroll of the Warrior's Mask

Mundane:
Single Invitation to the Silver Flame
King's Letter

Tools:
Brass Spyglass
Musical Puzzle Box

Spellbook:
Mastered:

Illusions/Mental:
Enthralling Laughter(M)
Delightful Conversationalist (M)
Suggestion (M)
False Memory (M)
Compulsion (M)
Assault (M)
Instruction (M)
Fear (M)
Strengthen Will (M)(r)*

Elemental:
Create Fire (F)
Magic Zap (L)
Energy Bolt (L)
Greater Energy Bolt (L)

Invisibility/Light:
Light
Glamour

Protection:
Light Runes
Warding Runes (r)*

Healing:
Heal

Gate/Travel:
Retrieve Item
Lost's Retrieve Item

Musical:

Known:
Illusion/Mental:
Mass Suggestion (M)
Mass Compulsion (M)
Mass Assault (M)
Mass False Memory (M)
Delayed Reaction (M)
Control (M)
Mass Fear (M)
Infiltration (M)(r)*

Gate/Travel:
Gate (r)*

Physical:
Eternal Bloom (r)*

Enchantment:
The Path of Tongues
The Path of Memory
The Path of Intellect
The Path of Clarity
Confusing Riddle
Consuming Riddle
Distracting Riddle

Healing:
Greater Heal (r)*

Meta:
Calm Casting

Physical:
The Warrior's Mask

** Spells that require you to master another spell to make any progress with. (For example to begin to master Greater Heal, you will first have to master Heal)

Affiliations:
The Circle of the Lost - Founding Member, Second in Command
Pathfinders - honorary member, external adviser

Biliku, Derryth's 'Bodyguard': Currently In Party

Biliku, Derryth's 'Bodyguard':

STR: 7/10 DEX: 7/10 CON: 6/10
INT: 5/10 WIS: 4/10 CHA: 5/10

Useful Skills:
Passive:

Academic/Knowledge:
Literacy

Languages:
Language, Bruig
Language, Tongue of the Spider Goddess

Military/Combat:
Leadership
Great Skill with a Blade
Tactics
Combat Knowledge

Physical Training:
Tracking
Cave Crawling
Keen Eyes
Agile

Social:
Spider Tamer
Sheltered Upbringing

Equipment:
Weapons:
Balanced Blade
Small Round Shield
Knife
Fire Resistant Wooden Shield (This shield will block all magical and mundane fire that hits it, reflecting it back at whoever cast it, but if hit with ice magic will freeze solid and refuse to function until it defrosts. Note: It is also not terribly sturdy.)

Clothing/Armour:
Clothing:
Simple Clothing

Armour:
Leather Armour
Steel Cloak

Magical Items:
A silver ring (Enchanted: The Path of Memory)

Fixed Enchantment Items:
Worn scabbard (When a blade is placed in the scabbard both the scabbard and the hilt of the blade are rendered invisible.)

Affiliations:
The Reds (disbanded) - Captain, Leader, Former Leader
The Circle of the Lost - Derryth's bodyguard

Uttu, Thaïs' 'Bodyguard': Currently In Party

Uttu, Thaïs' 'Bodyguard':

STR: 6/10 DEX: 9/10 CON: 4/10
INT: 4/10 WIS: 4/10 CHA: 6/10

Useful Skills:
Passive:
Academic/Knowledge:
Literacy

Languages:
Language, Bruig

Military/Combat:
Leadership
Natural Archer
Good Shot
Tactics
Combat Knowledge

Physical Training:
Tracking
Cave Crawling
Keen Eyes
Agile

Social:
Spider Tamer
Sheltered Upbringing

Equipment:
Weapons:
Modified Light Composite Bow (Bowstring of the Fairies)
Knife
Thirteen Quivers of Standard Arrows (293)*:
-280 unenchanted
-4 enchanted with the Distracting Riddle
-4 enchanted with the Burning Oath
-2 enchanted with the Freezing Oath
-2 enchanted with the Poisonous Oath
-1 black arrow​

*Note, she can only really carry three quivers at a time so her practical capacity is 72 arrows at any given time. The rest will be kept in reserve and can be switched out as needed provided she can access them.

Clothing/Armour:
Clothing:
Simple Clothing

Armour:
Leather Armour
Steel Cloak

Magical Items:
A silver ring (Enchanted: The Path of Memory)

Fixed Enchantment Items:
Bowstring of the Fairies (Increase the damage of the bow it is attached to. Capable of firing a single flare shot once per day provided it spends sufficient time in sunlight to recharge in between.)

Affiliations:
Reds (disbanded) - Captain, Former Captain
The Circle of the Lost - Thaïs' bodyguard

Lyssa, Reluctant Necromancer: Currently In Party

Lyssa, Reluctant Necromancer:

STR: 2/10 DEX: 6/10 CON: 4/10
INT: 8/10 WIS: 6/10 CHA: 4/10

Useful Skills:
Active:
Magical Stimulant (Sanity gain when in close proximity to another necklace. Sanity loss when away from another necklace for extended lengths of time (more than two days).)

Passive:
Magical:
Magical Training
Mazzarin's Lessons: Illusion
Mazzarin's Lessons: Animal Magic

Musical Magic:

Academic/Knowledge:
Literacy

Languages:
Language, Bruig

Physical Training:
Outdoorsman
Tough
Silent

Social:
Gambling
Professional Drinker
Good with Animals
Necromancer

Equipment:
Weapons:
Crooked Wooden Staff
Knife

Clothing/Armour:
Clothing:
Simple Clothes
Gorgeous Chocolate and Gold Evening Dress
Intricate Chocolate and Gold Mask

Armour:
Leather Armour
Steel Cloak

Magical Items:
Single/Limited Use Items:
Vial of Aphids (Magic devouring Aphids. May be used as a power supply for the caster when fully charged or as magical explosives.)
3 bone foci (Used in certain rituals)
14 energon cubes (used to power most spells)

Gold Ring (Can store one spell for instant use at a later time.) [Currently Storing: Heal] - Borrowed from Derryth

Fixed Enchantment Items:
String of Wolf Teeth (When worn around the neck allows the user to communicate with wolves and dogs as if they had mastered the spell Bestial Tongue.)
Big Blue Feather (When held in the right hand and used underground with the spell Bird's Song the feather will attempt to lead the user back to the surface.)
Preserved Snake Tongue (When wrapped around a wound or placed over it, this item casts a localized version of Soothing Projection.)
Cracked Mirror (Unknown)

Misc:
Spells/Notes/Letters:
Spellbook

Pets:
Trained:
Jatayu (trained eagle) - Dispatched - stationed at Fort Blackrock
Ocypete (trained eagle) - Dispatched - sent to Myrgard with your letters
Aquila (trained eagle) - On hand
Calaeno (trained eagle) - On hand

Untrained:
Named:
Mirra (spellcasting mouse) - On hand
Weapons: Steel Pin (Enchanted: Poison Oath)
Poppy (spellcasting mouse) - On hand
Weapons: Steel Pin (Enchanted: Poison Oath)

Unnamed:
12 Wild Mice - On hand
- Six equipped with gliding cloaks
- All armed with steel pins or iron nails (Enchanted: Poison Oath)​
3 Wild Rats - On hand
6 'Novice' Mice - On hand

Spellbook:
Mastered:

Illusion/Mental:
Projection (I)
Area Projection (I)*
Enhanced Projection (I)*
Animated Projection (I)*
False Image (I)
False Sound (I)
False Smell (I)
Terrifying Image (I)
Inspiring Image (I)
Sickening Image (I)
Confusing Image (I)

Elemental:
Ice Shard (I)
Gentle Breeze (A)
Strong Wind (A)
Freezing Wind (I/A)*

Animal:
Calm
Tame
Bestial Tongue
Bird's Song

Necromancy:
Create Ghast (r)
Control Ghast (r)
Create Thrall (r)
Control Thrall (r)

Healing:
Heal

Musical:

Known:
Illusion/Mental:
Animated Area Projection (I)(r)*
Violent Projection (I)
Lethal Projection (I)* **
Soothing Projection (I)

Animal:
Friend of the Wild*
Wild Presence*
Find the Sky (r)
Binding Tongue (r)

Necromancy:
Mass Create Ghast (r)*
Mass Create Thrall (r)*
Create Soulless (r)

Enchantment:
Confusing Riddle
Consuming Riddle
Distracting Riddle
The Burning Oath (F)
The Freezing Oath (I)
The Thundering Oath (L)
The Poisonous Oath (P)
The Ancient Oath (E)
The Path of Tongues
The Path of Memory
The Path of Intellect
The Path of Clarity

Healing:
Greater Heal (r)*

Meta:
Calm Casting

Physical:
The Warrior's Mask

Affiliations:
The Dark: Necromancer, Former Necromancer?
Mazzarin: Apprentice, Former Apprentice
The Circle of the Lost: Provisional Member

Caoilainn, Disembodied Officer: Currently In Party

Caoilainn, Disembodied Officer:

STR: unknown DEX: unknown CON: unknown
INT: average WIS: below average CHA average

Useful Skills:
She is reluctant to say.

Known Skills:
Magical:
Magical Training

Equipment:
Technically the bracelets.

Affiliations:
Oneiroi (destroyed): Mercenary Officer, Former Officer
The Circle of the Lost: Prisoner, Student, Provisional Member

'Berty' Levy, Military 'Theorist': Currently In Party

'Berty' Levy, Military 'Theorist':

STR: average DEX: above average CON: average
INT: average WIS: average CHA: above average

Useful Skills:
Derry we just met!

Likely Skills:
Substantial Military/Combat Training
Some Physical Training
A Few Language and Academic Skills

Equipment:
Weapons:
Combat Knife (iron with a silver edge)
5 'Berty Bombs'

Clothing/Armour:
Clothes:
Worn Clothes

Armour:
Steel Cloak

Misc:
Tools:
Wire
A washing board
Five spoons
A kettle
Half an apple
Two chipped plates
A bucket without a bottom
A Very Large Fern
Six buttons
A candlestick
A small sack of sharp clay shards
One Broken Wagon Wheel
One litre lamp oil
'Moving' Blue Sack

Pets:
Trained:
Brantalis (Guard Goose) - on hand, guarding your carriage.

Affiliations:
The Circle of the Lost: Tutor and Tactician

Out of Party:

Gareth, Veteran Officer: Currently Out of Party (Last seen in 'A Parting of Ways')

Gareth, Veteran Officer:

Str: 6/10 Dex: 5/10 Con: 6/10
Int: 6/10 Wis: 3/10 Cha: 6/10

Useful Skills:
Passive:

Academic/Knowledge:
Literacy
Herbal Skill

Language:
Language, Bruig
Language, Berserk
Language, fir'Bolg

Military/Combat:
Combat Knowledge
Tactics
Leadership
Skill with a Blade
Veteran

Social:
Gambling
Professional Drinker

Equipment:
Weapons:
Broadsword
Fetch Shield (Terrifying, those that look upon it are overcome with the urge to flee. They will attempt to do so should their willpower fail them. Only one check is required per encounter with the shield.)
Lightning Blade (Increased attack strength. May discharge a single energy bolt per eight hour period.)
Knife

Clothes/Armour:
Clothes:
Simple Clothes

Armour:
Mail
Pot Helmet

Misc:
Books/Notes/Letters:
Cookbook

Tools:
Compass
Spyglass

Affiliations:
The Legion: Warrior, Officer, 'Retired' Veteran
The Circle of the Lost: Commanding Officer, Third in Command
The Lost Mercenary Company: Leader

One Serpent Green Talon, Outcast Physician: Currently Out of Party (Last seen in 'A Parting of Ways')

One Serpent Green Talon, Outcast Physician:

STR: 3/10 DEX: 4/10 CON: 4/10
INT: 9/10 WIS: 6/10 CHA: 4/10

Useful Skills:
Passive:
Magical:
Magical Training
Nine's Training Deception
Nine's Training Binding

Academic/Knowledge:
Literacy
Quick Learner
Herbal Skill
Genius, Medicine
Physician
Knowledge, Mandrake Roots

Languages:
Language Berserk
Language Gowerman
Language Bruig

Physical Training:
Keen Eyes

Equipment:
Weapons:
Shovel
Knife
Tyrvard's Sword

Clothes/Armour:
Clothes:
Simple Clothing
Wool Robe

Magical Items:
Heaven Stone (10% Magical Protection)
6 mandrake roots (Used to power healing magics.)

Misc:
Books/Notes/Letters:
Spellbook
Journal

Spellbook:
Mastered:

Elemental:
Energy Bolt (L)

Healing:
Heal

Invisibility/Light:
Light

Known:
Gate/Travel:
Gate (r)*

Affiliations:
The Circle of the Lost: Founding Member

Brigit, Arcane Archer: Currently Out of Party (Last Seen in 'A Parting of Ways')

Brigit, Arcane Archer:

STR: 5/10 DEX: 6/10 CON: 5/10
INT: 5/10 WIS: 6/10 CHA: 6/10

Useful Skills:
Passive:

Magical:
Magical Training
Nine's Influence

Academic/Knowledge:
Literacy

Languages:
Language, Bruig

Military/Combat:
Archery
Dirty fighter
Natural Archer
Good Shot

Physical Training:
Tracking
Silent
Keen eyes
Agile

Social:
Gambling
Thief
Professional Drinker
Silver Tongue
Effervescent Personality

Equipment:
Weapons:
Composite Bow
Fire Bow (Increased attack strength. Creates arrows of elemental fire.)
Four Balanced Knives
24 Arrows (Standard)

Clothes/Armour:
Clothes:
Simple Clothes

Armour:
Excellent Leather Armour

Misc:
Books/Notes/Letters:
Spellbook

Tools:
4 bags Caltrops
4 bags Crushed Glass
4 bags Sand
Stick of Chalk
Lockpicks
40' Rope
Puzzle Box

Spellbook:
Mastered:

Elemental:
Energy Bolt (L)
Explosive Charge (F)

Illusion/Mental:
Suggestion (M)
Compulsion (M)
Assault (M)

Invisibility/Light:
Light

Protection:
Light Runes
Warding Runes (r)*

Known:
Elemental:
Exploding Runes (F)(r)*

Gate/Travel:
Gate (r)*

Affiliations:
'Merchant's Co-Prosperity Consortium': Field Representative, Former Representative?
The Circle of the Lost: Founding Member
The Lost Mercenary Company: Leader

Amena, Orphaned Apprentice: Currently Out of Party (Last seen in 'A Parting of Ways')

Amena, Orphaned Apprentice:

STR: 4/10 DEX: 4/10 CON: 4/10
INT: 7/10 WIS: 5/10 CHA: 6/10

Useful Skills:
Passive:

Magical:
Magical Training
Nine's Influence

Academic/Knowledge:
Literacy
Scholarly Knowledge
Herbal Skill

Languages:
Language, Bruig
Language, Fetch

Physical Training:
Cave Crawling

Social:
Sheltered Upbringing
Raised by a Fetch
Freed Slave

Equipment:
Weapons:
Wooden Staff
Knife

Clothes/Armour:
Clothes:
Fine Clothing
Cloak

Misc:
Books/Notes/Letters:
Spellbook
Diary
Poetry Book

Spellbook:
Mastered:
Illusion/Mental:
Suggestion (M)
Compulsion (M)
Assault (M)

Invisibility/Light:
Light
Searing Ray
Blinding Light

Protection:
Light Runes
Warding Runes (r)*

Known:
Gate/Travel:
Gate (r)*

Affiliations:
The Circle of the Lost: Full Member, Derryth's Apprentice

Ithapi, Loyal Warrior: Currently Out of Party (Last seen in 'A Parting of Ways')

Ithapi, Loyal Warrior:

STR: 9/10 DEX: 2/10 CON: 9/10
INT: 8/10 WIS: 4/10 CHA: 5/10

Useful Skills:
Passive:
Academic/Knowledge:
Thirst for Knowledge

Languages:
Language, Maul
Language, Fetch
Language, Bruig

Physical Training:
Resistance to Cold
Silent
Cave Crawling
Tough
Strong
Maul's Hands

Social:
Sheltered Upbringing
Raised by a Fetch
Freed Slave
Maul's Tusks

Equipment:
Weapons:
Makeshift Club

Clothing/Armour:
Clothes:
Torn Clothing

Misc:
Books/Notes/Letters:
Damaged notebook

Affiliations:
The Circle of the Lost: Amena's Bodyguard

Christine, The Black Spider: Currently Out of Party (Last seen in 'A Parting of Ways')

Christine, The Black Spider:

STR: average DEX: average CON: average
INT: exceptional WIS: above average CHA: poor

Useful Skills:
None of your business... farmer.

Likely Skills:
Magical:
Magical Training

Academic/Knowledge:
Literacy

Languages:
Language, Bruig

Physical Training:
Cave Crawling

Social:
Secretive

Equipment:
Weapons:
Silver Staff
Knife

Clothes/Armour:
Clothes:
Fine Clothes
Silver Robe (Unknown)

Magical Items:
Silver Spider Box (Unknown)
20 Silver Pills (Unknown)
A ball of Silver Thread (Unknown)

Misc:
Books/Notes/Letters:
Spellbook
Notebook
Diary

Spellbook:
Mastered:

Movement, Light, Elemental and Unknown Spells

Known:
Movement, Light, Elemental and Unknown Spells

Confirmed Spells:
1. A light based attack spell
2. A poison based attack spell
3. A movement altering targeted spell
4. A web based area of effect spell

Affiliations:
The Silver (disbanded): Second in Command, Leader, Former Leader
The Circle of the Lost: Full Member

Meletē, Unconscious Inventor: Currently Out of Party (Last seen in 'Anatomy of an Ambush')

Meletē, Unconscious Inventor:

STR: average DEX: above average CON: above average
INT: exceptional WIS: poor CHA: absolutely terrible

Useful Skills:
Active:
Magical Slumber (She is asleep and will not wake.)

Passive:
Magical:
Magical Ability, Intuitive

Academic/Knowledge:
Tinkerer
Literacy
Genius, Technology

Language:
Language, Bruig
Language, Dwarven

Military/Combat:
Demolition Training

Social:
Friend of the Dwarves
A Gift for Profanity

Equipment:
Weapons:
Knife

Clothes/Armour:
Clothes:
Sturdy Clothing

Misc:
Books/Notes/Letters:
Spellbook
Notebooks

Spellbook:
Mastered:

Technological, Enchanting and Unknown Spells

Known:
Technological, Enchanting and Unknown Spells

Myora, Veteran Officer: Currently Out of Party (Last seen in 'Elf')

Myora, Veteran Officer:

STR: 9/10 DEX: 4/10 CON: 9/10
INT: 6/10 WIS: 4/10 CHA: 5/10

Useful Skills:
Academic/Knowledge:
Literacy
Herbal Skill

Language:
Language, Bruig
Language, Dwarven
Language, Ghôl
Language, Maul

Military/Combat:
Combat Knowledge
Tactics
Leadership
Skill with a Blade
Veteran

Physical Training:
Outdoorsman
Resistance to Cold
Tough
Strong
Maul's Hands

Social:
Friend of the dwarves
Professional Drinker
Dwarven Etiquette
Maul's Tusks

Equipment:
Weapons:
Greatsword
Impressively Large Shield

Clothes/Armour:
Clothes:
Simple Officer's Kit

Armour:
Fine Plated Mail

Affiliations:
Blackrock Securities: Junior Officer, Senior Officer

Ceannard, Mercenary Captain: Currently Out of Party (Last seen in 'Demonic Verses')

Ceannard, Mercenary Captain:

STR: average DEX: unrivaled CON: average
INT: average WIS: average CHA: above average

Useful Skills:
Passive:

Academic/Knowledge:
Literacy

Language:
Language, Bruig
Language, Dwarven

Military/Combat:
Combat Knowledge
Tactics
Leadership
Archery
Dirty fighter
Skill with a Blade
Exceptional Shot

Physical Training:
Tracking
Silent
Keen eyes
Tough

Social:
Courtly manners
Gambling
Born liar
Professional Drinker
Dwarven Etiquette
Silver Tongue

Equipment:
Weapons:
Excellent Longbow
22 arrows (mixed)
2 fire arrows
2 Black Arrows (Expertly made arrows, slight damage bonus)
Falchion

Clothing/Armour:
Clothes:
Fine Arrows Uniform

Armour:
Leather Armour
Steel Cloak

Magical Items:
Torque (Unknown)

Misc:
Tools:
Spyglass
Flask

Affiliations:
The Black Arrows: Leader

Nine, Amalgamated Archmage: Ally, Currently Sleeping in your pack (Last seen in 'Just Another Day')

Nine, Amalgamated Archmage:

INT: godly WIS: godly CHA godly

Useful Skills:
In flux...

Equipment:
She is just a head...

Spellbook:
Probably a lot of fun and dangerous things, it will all depend on what she can remember.

Affiliations:
The Dark: Fallen Lord(s), Former Fallen Lord(s)?
The Circle of the Lost: Adviser, Possible Member?

The Faceless Man, Ancient Wanderer: Ally, Currently Out of Party (Last seen in 'Faith or Folly?')

The Faceless Man, Ancient Wanderer:

INT: godly WIS: godly CHA: above average

Useful Skills:
He won't say.

Equipment:
You don't know.

Spellbook:
Things you could only dream of.

Affiliations:
The Dark: Fallen Lord, Former Fallen Lord?

Nanshe, Ghôl Empress: Ally, Currently Out of Party (Last Seen in 'Demonic Verses')

Nanshe, Ghôl Empress:

STR: above average DEX: above average CON: above average
INT: exceptional WIS: exceptional CHA: exceptional

Useful Skills:
Enough to save or damn you, partner.

Likely skills:
Some magical training.
Some physical and military training.
Likely some language and social skills.

Equipment:
Weapons:
Ruby topped oak staff (Unknown)
Silver hilted war sword (Unknown)
3 Steel daggers

Clothing/Armour:
Clothing:
Royal Gown
Fine Hunting Attire

Armour:
Royal, gold-plated full plate suit (Unknown)
Black, 'Immortal' full plate suit (Unknown)

Magical:
Watcher's Necklace (Unknown: physical spells and movement spells perhaps?)
Crown of the South (Unknown)

Misc:
Tools:
Lead Collar

Spells:
Mastered Spells:

Unknown

Known Spells:
Unknown

Confirmed Spells:
An Unknown 'Nightmare'
An iron based physical spell

Affiliations:
The Dark: Chieftan, Shaman, Pretender?
The Watcher: Chieftan, Shaman, Rebel
The Golden Empire: Empress (contested)

Argus, Royal Champion: Ally, Currently Out of Party (Last seen in 'The Second Coming')

Argus, Royal Champion:

STR: exceptional DEX: exceptional CON: exceptional
INT: exceptional WIS: average CHA: above average

Useful Skills:
Significant physical training and military skill. Some diplomatic skills and academic skills. A couple language skills.

Equipment:
Well made and heavily enchanted arms and armour. The enchantments are all geared towards increasing damage, accuracy and speed or defensive strength and durability. Nothing fancy.

Affiliations:
The Royal House of Albercht: Champion

Bari, Veteran Pathfinder: Ally, Currently Out of Party (Last seen in 'They Will Sing of Horrors, Darkly')

Bari, Veteran Pathfinder:

STR: 6(1)/10 DEX: 8(1)/10 CON: 7(2)/10
INT: 6/10 WIS: 3/10 CHA: 5/10

Useful Skills:
Passive:

Academic/Knowledge:
Literacy
Herbal Skill

Languages:
Language, Dwarven
Language, Bruig
Language, fir'Bolg
Language, Forest Giant
Language, Trow

Military/Combat:
Combat Knowledge
Demolition training
Archery
Dirty fighter
Good Shot
Torturer

Physical Training:
Tracking
Outdoorsman
Silent
Keen eyes
Tough

Social:
Courtly manners
Gambling
Born liar
Professional Drinker
Dwarven Etiquette

Equipment:
Weapons:
Lucky Knife

Clothing/Armour:
Clothing:
Well-made Clothing
Wool Cap

Armour:
Leather Armour

Misc:
Other:
Two gold wedding bands

Affiliations:

Pathfinders: Veteran

Last edited:

Fangshi

Arcane
The Lost Organizational Overview:

Current Wealth
(in abstracted points WPs):

Current Wealth by Region:
Wealth in the Vault (Muirthemne): 850
Wealth on hand (Myrgard): 3

Loans:
200 WPs at 0.1% (flat) monthly interest rate from the House of Albrecht
200 WPs at 20% (compound) monthly interest rate from the Goldsmith Guild
300 WPs at 15% (flat) monthly interest rate from Mayer

Net Wealth:
Total wealth: 153 WPs

Income:

The Dwarven Kingdom:
+530 WPs monthly
+380 WPs - your property and businesses in the Kingdom
+100 WPs - Lady Grey's property and businesses in the Kingdom
+50 WPs - Ceannard's investments in the Kingdom​

Expenses:

The Cath Bruig Empire:
Total:
-90 WPs monthly

The Dwarven Kingdom:
Total:
-430 WPs monthly
-200 WPs quarterly

Personnel and Property:
-345 WPs monthly
-15 WPs - payment to Berty Levi
-45 WPs - Blackrock Securities maintenance
-20 WPs - assorted payments to the families of the deceased
-40 WPs - assorted maintenance for the rest of our enterprises
-5 WPs for Ajiak's salary
-20 WPs to maintain the Boys
-30 WPs to maintain the Greys
-20 WPs for your new grenadiers
-10 WPs for your new warriors
-20 WPs for your pair of mortars
-20 WPs for your new legionnaires
-20 WPs for six tutors and four specialist instructors to educate the Boys' children
-80 WPs to maintain the Arrows
-200 WPs quarterly
- 200 WPs - payment to Ceannard for the Arrows (payment will end after ten payments and the first payment will be covered by the King)
Loans:
-85 WPs monthly
-40 WPs - interest on the loan from the Goldsmiths (must be paid) [compounds]
-45 WPs - interest on the loan from Mayer (payment can be postponed) [flat rate]​

Financial Records:
+ gained 1000 WPs from assorted looting (the Vault, the Damned Facilities, the Library, the Tower)
- lost 30 for the glorious wedding present to Serpent and Christine that helped them secure their new crowns
- lost 7 hiring Trakk and Co
- lost 30 on a medium compound
- lost 20 hiring both the vets and the recruits for your organization

+ gained 100 WP from the promissory note when you reached the city
- lost 300 to hire the Arrows to defend you
* took out a 200 WP loan to cover the Arrows (Currently owe 200 WPs)
- lost 100 on shopping in Myrgard and hiring the Arrows to raid the Oneiroi
- lost 15 to hire Mr. Levy
- lost 25 to purchase supplies

*took out a 1000 WP loan to invest in property acquisitions in the Dwarven Kingdom (Currently owe 200 WPs)
+ gained 45 WPs of dwarven sovereigns
+ gained 94 WPs of diamonds

- lost 50 WPs to hire the Arrows to help defend your Fort
- lost 5 WPs as a gift to Nephila to see her to Muirthemne
- lost 5 WPs buying jewelry to enchant

+ gained 5 WPs looted from dead cultists
+ gained 500 WPs from Lady Grey
* took out a 300 WP loan from Mayer (Currently owe 300 WPs)

- lost 800 WPs to pay down the Goldsmiths' loan.
- lost 10 WPs, to transport the Boys to Blackrock and establish them there.
- lost 81 WPs on shopping in Myrgard
- invested 50 WPs in Operation 'Fata Morgana'

- lost 1 WP for a bribe to the Hounds

Current Soul Wealth in the Dreaming (measured in IPs which can be exchanged for favours):

IPs owned:
0 IPs

IP debt:
0 IPs

Transaction History:
*Traded one of the Thin White Mage's slaves (the boy) for military support against the Singing Beasts.
*Traded one Spider Goddess Cultist (Hallr) for all useful knowledge that can be extracted from him.
*Traded the Thin White Mage for the secrets of musical magic.

Notable Property:
The Cath Bruig Empire:

Eastern Empire:
- Tower of the Lost, below Muirthemne
- Mercenary Compound in Muirthemne

The Dwarven Kingdom:
- Blackrock Fort, Northeast of Myrgard (a half day's journey from Myrgard by coach)
- Medium Compound in Stoneheim (second level)
- Two small safe houses in Myrgard (merchant quarter and warehouse district)
- One small safe house in Stoneheim (third level)
- The Black Arrows compound in Myrgard (a large compound in the warehouse district)

Named Personnel:
Full Members:

Mages of the Lost:
- Derryth
- Thaïs
- Serpent
- Brigit
- Amena
- Christine

Warriors of the Lost:
- Gareth
- Ithapi
- Biliku
- Uttu

Front Organizations:
Blackrock Securities (Mercenary Company) Warriors:
- Tind
- Myora
- Kaf
- Skite
- Thrend Atop the Piled Dead
- Neel - Wounded

The Lost (Mercenary Company) Mages:
- Three-Fingers

The Lost (Mercenary Company) Warriors:
- Thayer
- Garner
- Naram
- Brom
- Ida
- Morna

The Grey Arrows (Mercenary Company) Warriors:
-Lady Áine Grey

The Brickyard Boys (Mercenary Company) Warriors:
-Ajiak the Mason

The Black Arrows (Mercenary Company) Warriors:
- Ceannard, the Black Arrow
- Otto
- Edan

Potential Members:
Nine - ?????
Lyssa - provisional membership, awaiting full approval
Meletē - unconscious, offer pending

Former Members:
Expedition:
Tyrvard - KIA

Blackrock Warriors:
Jawbone - KIA
Rand - Deserter

Unnamed Personnel:
The Cath Bruig Empire:

Muirthemne:
Humans:
- 20 veteran warriors
- 10 veteran bowmen
- 20 warrior recruits
- 10 bowman recruits
- 13 orphans, 6 of which show an aptitude for magic

The Dwarven Kingdom:
Myrgard:
Dwarves:
- 40 grenadiers - With the expedition
- 40 warriors
- 2 light mortars with crew (one dwarf each) - With the expedition
- 400 fresh recruits
- 60 children

Humans:
- 20 veteran warriors - With the expedition
- 22 Black Arrows (expert archers in exquisite gear)
- 35 veteran archers
- 60 Grey Arrows (novice archers in exquisite gear)

Fort Blackrock:

Dwarves:
- 13 veteran grenadiers
- 4 veteran warriors

Humans:
- 7 veteran sell-swords (4 with crossbows)
- 5 veteran archers

Mauls:
- 4 veteran warriors

Stoneheim:
Dwarves:
- 12 veteran grenadiers
- 3 veteran warriors

Mauls:
- 5 veteran warriors

Known Group Techniques:

2 mages:
- 'Heat Bolt'
- 'Greater Heat Bolt'

3 mages, 1 warrior:
- 'Enter of Thunder Colossus!'

Active Pacts (since these are proving to be popular I will start listing them):

Demon Pacts:
Morpheus / Derryth, Thaïs - Agreement, he will provide protection while in the Dreaming in exchange for a steady supply of stories. Contract can be terminated at any time by the human parties. Includes an addition assurance that he will not attempt to abduct or manipulate you or your staff.

Morpheus / Nanshe / Derryth, Thaïs, Lyssa - The demonic party will teach the mortal parties the secrets of musical magic as payment for the Thin White Mage.

Nephila / Derryth, Thaïs, Lyssa - Blood Oath, a non-aggression pact which includes a truth telling clause, a guarantee of mutual anonymity, self-defense clauses and a promise on the part of the demonic party not to prey upon any sentient individual except in self defense.

Rodent Pacts:

The Ratguard / The Lost - You will provide them with armaments as you are able in exchange for their continued defence of the fort.

The Commonwealth of Blackrock / The Lost & 'Grey Seers' (spellcasting mice) - You will respect their sovereignty and access to the fort and in exchange they will defend the fort and respect the rights of your mice and your staff to the fort.

Mercenary Contracts:
Ceannard / Derryth & Thaïs - 2000 WPs owed to Ceannard in exchange for ownership of the Black Arrows. To be paid quarterly in 200 WP sums over the next two and a half years. Ceannard will stay on as a partner in the Arrows for at least two and a half years and will run the Arrows' day to day operations.

Ajiak the Mason / Derryth & Thaïs - 100 WPs owed to Ajiak the Mason in exchange for ownership of the Brickyard Boys. To be paid monthly in 5 WP sums over the next twenty months. Ajiak will stay on for at least twenty months as an officer and leader of the Boys.

Lady Áine Grey / Derryth & Thaïs - A one time payment of 500 WPs from Grey to the ladies, ownership of the Greys and access to as many assets as she is willing to share with you in exchange for partnership in your future ventures.

Wizardly Agreements:
The Archmage Mazzarin, First of the Avatara, Destroyer of Evil, and Devastatingly Handsome Master of all he Surveys / Derryth & Thaïs - Three favours from the Great Mage to D&T in exchange for Mazzarin's youth/restoration. Two of the favours have already been called in, in the form of magical training and Lyssa's freedom. One favour remains.

Pact History:
Honoured/Completed:
- The Rodent Commonwealth / The Lost - The human party will supply a quantity of local cheese to the Commonwealth in exchange for all known information on the person named Rand.
- The Blind Brothers / The Lost - The human party will trade stories for all knowledge of secrets in the Fort that the Brothers might possess.
- Morpheus / The Lost - Agreement, in exchange for the Thin White Mage, the demonic party shall provide the mortal parties with a favour of their choice.

Known Organizations and their Relations with the Lost (based on last known information):

Relations Values:
+60 to +100 allies
+20 to +60 warm
-20 to +20 neutral
-20 to -60 cool
-60 to -100 enemies

The Empire:
Administration:

Imperial Government: neutral (+5)
Imperial Army: neutral (0)
Imperial Police: neutral (-5)
Imperial Navy: neutral (0)
Heron Guard: neutral (+15)
The Legion: neutral (+15)

The Western Empire:
No Known Factions

The Eastern Empire:
The Brannons: cool (-55)

Circles of the Empire:
The Warlocks of the Scholomance: neutral (-10)
The Children of the Callieach: neutral (-15)

'Commercial' Organizations:
The Merchant 'Co-Prosperity' Consortium: neutral (0)

Mercenaries in the Empire:
Trakk's Mercenaries: enemies (-100)
Leo's Mercenaries: neutral (+5)

The Dwarven Kingdom:
Monarchist Factions:

The Royal House of Albercht: allies (+100)
The Pathfinders: allies (+100)
The Royal Army: allies (+80)
The Royal Academy: allies (+70)
The Loyal House Hesse - neutral (+10)
The Industrious House Berg - warm (+25)
The Ancient House Seinsheim - cool (-40)
The Honest House Reginar - neutral (-10)
The Virtuous House Welf - cool (-35)

Republican Factions:
Eberhardt Remnants: enemies (-100)

Cultist Factions:
'True Believers': enemies (-100)

Merchant Factions:
The Goldsmith Guild: neutral (-10)
Mayer's Estate: warm (+25)

Mercenary Factions in the Kingdom:
The Weasels: enemies (-85)
The Ten Sovereigns: warm (+55)
The Hounds: neutral (-15)
The Blooded Doves: neutral (0)
The Mighty Cocks: neutral (0)
'Ta Blue Bastards': neutral (0)
The Seekers: cool (-50)
The Knights of the Broken Lance: neutral (0)
Unaligned Mercenaries: neutral (+15)

'Society' Factions:
The Silver Flame: warm (+40)

Blackrock Fort, Rodent Factions:
Inner Clans:
The Soft Paws: neutral (+10)
The Long Tails: neutral (+10)
The Blind Brothers: warm (+25)
The Three Families: neutral (+10)
The Observers: warm (+35)
The Clan of the Coin: neutral (+15)

Outer Clans:
The Ratguard: warm (+35)
The Clan of the Shell: neutral (+15)
The Clan of the Seed: neutral (+15)
The Ninety Nine Thieves: neutral (+15)
The Greys: neutral (+15)

The Northlands:
No Known Factions

The Fairy Courts:
Cnoc Meadha (Finn's Court): warm (+30)
The Merrows: neutral (0)
Enrico's Coin-Sìth: neutral (+5)

Planar Organizations:
The Dreaming: warm (+35)
The Spider Goddess' Realm: enemies (-100)
The Wyrm's Realm: neutral (0)

Former Organizations (A Record):
1. Spider Goddess Cults:

The Damned:
The Blues (destroyed)
The Reds (disbanded)
The Silver (disbanded)
2. Other Cults:
The Oneiroi (destroyed)
3. Dwarven Factions:
The Honourable House of Eberhardt
The Barings

Last edited:

Fangshi

Arcane
Resources:
Skills:

Status Effects:
Exhausted - Spells are cast at half strength until you have time to recover.

Strong Willed - The WIS of the caster is temporarily increased by magical means.

Magical Slumber - A magically induced coma.

Magical Stimulant - Sanity gain when in close proximity to another necklace. Sanity loss when away from another necklace for extended lengths of time (more than two days).

Possessed - The Faceless Man is riding on your arm. He can grant both you and Thaïs an additional check should you fail a fatal roll provided you are in close proximity. His constant presence though wears you a bit thin over time. Occasional sanity loss when otherwise stressed.

Second Set of Eyes - Caoilainn is riding on your arm. She can grant both you and Thaïs additional saves should you fail a fatal check when you are in close proximity to one another.

Magical:
Magical Training - You can cast spells

Nine's Training Deception - You have a better grasp of Mind Altering spells than your peers

Nine's Training Binding - You have gained a better grasp of how to bind and release souls

Nine's Influence - For better or worse a substantial amount of your magical knowledge is being influenced by her

Nine's Training Manipulation - Nine has tutored you on the basics of manipulation spells

Mazzarin's Lessons Manipulation - You have achieved a better grasp of Mental control and attack spells from the archmage Mazzarin.

Expanded Theory - You have gained a better understanding of certain elements of magical theory.

Mazzarin's Lessons Illusion - You have achieved a better grasp of the art of the Illusionist from Mazzarin's instruction

Mazzarin's Lessons Animal Magic - Mazzarin has taught you how to communicate and train animals. You have also learnt how to augment them magically.

Magical Ability, Intuitive - You can cast spells but have never received proper training.

Basic Mental Interrogation Techniques - You have grasped the basics of locating and extracting particular pieces of information from a target. You do not yet have the skill to do it without the target realizing what is going on and it does still take you some time to achieve your goals but you now at least know how to go about the procedure without causing harm to yourself or your subject. This knowledge has also granted you further insight into the nature and functioning of mental spells, your control over your mental spells has increased across the board as has their potency.

Synchronized Casting: Derryth and Thaïs - Over the last several months the two of you have managed to develop a unique method of casting. You understand each other and can predict one another's movements with a degree of certainty uncommon for mages and this provides you with a number of advantages when casting together. When working on the same spell together your ability to read each other allows you to weave it more quickly and more powerfully than other mages can. Additionally, you have learnt to include 'hooks' in your individual spells which allow them to combine and mutate more readily and with greater results. You find it easier to create team techniques together as well. Should you continue down this path you should expect further advantages and perhaps some disadvantages from working so closely together.

Musical Magic:
Vocal Training: Beginner - You have taken the first steps toward transforming your voice into a casting instrument. At this stage you are still learning to bind spells and their effects to specific notes and melodies. Your musical magic is still quite weak but with consistent training it may yet become devastating.

Natural Talent: Vocals - You have experience singing and a certain natural gift for it. Perhaps you were taught by the finest tutors and schooled in the formal styles of your region, or perhaps you have spent decades traveling, singing for your own amusement and the amusement of others in bars and taverns the world over. The exact path you took matters less than the result, you are gifted with a fine and strong voice which will make mastering vocal magic all the easier. You will progress quicker than a normal person in this art provided you practice and receive proper instruction.

Academic/Knowledge:
Literacy - Well you can read and write

Quick Learner - You have an easier time picking up knowledge and language skills

Scholarly Knowledge - You are familiar with the classics

Herbal Skill - You have some knowledge of basic medicine

Tinkerer- You are always playing with something mechanical

Genius - You can't teach it, you can't force it, but it is what you are. This trait grants very rapid development and mastery of a specific field.

Physician - You have a sound grasp of medical theory and practices

Knowledge, Mandrake Roots - You have been taught how to utilize the energy within mandrake roots to heal a target through mundane means (as opposed to casting a Heal spell). Not as powerful but does not require casting.

Thirst for Knowledge - You have received no help, no encouragement, no training and yet in spite of this or because of it you crave information.

Languages:
Language, Bruig - the common tongue of the lands of men

Language, Berserk - the language of the northern tribes of men

Language, Dwarven - the language of the dwarven people

Language, fir'Bolg - the language of the fir'Bolg

Language, ghôl - the language of the ghôl, servants of the Dark Gods

Language, Tongue of the Spider Goddess - the language used to worship the Spider Goddess of the Damned

Language, Forest Giant - the language of the ancient giants of the Forest Heart

Language, Trow - the language of the enigmatic Trow

Language, Gowerman - the dialect of Gower, an odd mixture of Berserk and Old Bruig

Language, Maul - the tongue of the steppe dwelling Mauls

Language, Fetch - the dark speech of the otherworldly priestesses.

Military/Combat:
Basic Combat Knowledge - you have received some instruction in the basics of warfare though you have much left to learn

Combat Knowledge - you have fought in war and are familiar with basic tactics

Tactics - you are well versed in combat tactics

Leadership - you have led men in battle

Beserker Rage - combat rage

Demolition training - you can place and detonate charges safely (most of the time)

Archery - skill with a bow

Dirty fighter - you would be a fool to play fair

Great Skill with a Blade - You are almost a master with a blade.

Skill with a Blade - You are an above average swordsman.

Natural Archer - You have a natural affinity for the bow.

Good Shot - You are quite a good shot with a bow.

Torturer - You are quite good at extracting information, amongst other things.

Exceptional Shot - You are unrivaled in the use of a bow.

Veteran - You have encountered most enemies before and are not easily surprised by them.

Physical Training:
Tracking - you can follow a trail and find your quarry

Outdoorsman - you are capable of surviving in the wild with minimal resources

Resistance to Cold - you do not feel the cold as others do

Silent - you are capable of moving very quietly

Keen eyes - great perception

Impressions I: Steady Hands- Derryth's memories have started to influence you a little, you 'remember' Henry teaching you the basics of trap detection and disarmament. You have gained greater confidence dealing with such obstacles.

Cave Crawling - A life growing up under Muithemne has made you quite skilled at moving through cluttered environments.

Agile - You are quick on your feet and hard to hit.

Tough - You have had it rough for a long time but it has made you stronger.

Strong - You are stronger than most, you hit harder, simple as that really.

Maul's Hands - As a Maul you have trouble with tasks that demand fine motor skills.

Social:
Friend of the dwarves - your CHA when dealing with dwarves is higher than one

Courtly manners - you have some experience with the nobility

Gambling - you like taking risks, and they often pay off

Born liar - you are a convincing liar, unbelievable things often seem plausible when you say them

Thief - you tend to take things that do not belong to you, you are quite good at it really

Sexpert - Oh the things you can do would drive Wyrd to sin, for the right price of course

Sexpert's Apprentice - Hey, you're getting better at this!

Not a Virgin - well everyone has to start somewhere

Professional Drinker - you can hold your liquor better than most

Dwarven Etiquette - you know not just how to drink but when, where, what and why.

One Hell of a Pair - Dark Gods, ancient archmages, terrors that would break a sane mind... Fuck'em, you are not impressed

Impressions I: Daddy's Little Girl - Thaïs' memories have started to influence you a little, you work better with her when trying to convince others. One failed persuasion test by either of you is re-rolled.

Negotiator - You are quite good at making your points. You receive a bonus to diplomacy and bartering checks
Silver Tongue - Everything you say sounds so very good. Bonus to conversation checks.

Spider Tamer - You have a great deal of experience communicating with and raising arachnids. They like you more as a result.

Sheltered Upbringing - You lived a sheltered life for whatever reason. It has made you a little naive.

Good with Animals - You like animals and they like you too.

Secretive - You do not like to talk about yourself.

A Gift for Profanity - It can be endearing... it usually isn't.

Effervescent Personality - You have a warm and energetic demeanor. Most people like having you around.

Raised by a Fetch - You have had a strange upbringing. One that every now and then reveals itself.

Freed Slave - You served another for some time as a slave. You may be free now but some of your habits remain.

Maul's Tusks - You are a Maul. People remember that your kind fought for the Dark in Soulblighter's War. They will judge you and those that travel with you because of that.

Necromancer - You have dabbled with the outlawed art of necromancy. If this ever gets out you will surely be killed. Still you have a talent for it and can command up to forty lesser undead at a time.

Hero of the Kingdom - You are a hero to the dwarven people. Every dwarf loyal to the crown knows your name as do many that are... less loyal. This may or may not be an advantage based on the situation.

Semi-Refined Manners - You are beginning to learn what is required to move in polite society. For the moment you find that just keeping your mouth shut works wonders though sometimes you simply can not resist.

Impressions II: Drunk Luck - No matter what mischief Thaïs gets up to she always seems to land on her feet. Having lived through more of her memories you think you have a better understanding of how she does it. (Gives you a second chance to perform actions that require dexterity when under pressure or intoxicated.)

Impressions II: Whiskey Tongue - Henry just had a way with people, particularly when he was inebriated or working on a deadline. Perhaps a little tension can be useful. From living through more of Derryth's memories of the man you think you might be able to put some of his strategies to good use. (Gives a bonus to charisma based actions taken under duress or while intoxicated.)

Impressions III: A Mother's Song - There was something beautiful and relaxing about the way Thaïs' mother would sing and you are certain that Thaïs inherited that skill from her. You have been practicing discretely, using your earliest memories of the woman to try and mimic that effect and you have made concrete progress. Provides a bonus to checks made when performing or Singing.

Impressions III: 'The Dwarven Incident' - You will never speak of the 'Dwarven Incident'. It is part of your past and that is were it will remain for the rest of your days. However, you would be lying if you said you learnt nothing from it. Provides a bonus to spotting traps, disarming traps, and, ah, juggling mice and other small rodents...

Spells:
Animal:

Bestial Tongue - An advanced spell that allows the caster to communicate with most mammals.

Binding Tongue - (ritual) A general ritual used to enchant an item with the ability to speak a limited number of related animal dialects. The item and the desired dialect must come from similar or the same species to work. For example, to bind the song of the eagles to an item it must come from an eagle or related raptors, or to bind the tongue of the wolves to an item the item in question must come from a wolf or other canine and so on.

Bird's Song - An advanced spell that allows the caster to communicate with most birds.

Calm - A basic animal spell used to soothe the target and prepare them for further spells.

Find the Sky - (ritual) A very specific ritual but one that is useful when exploring caves, mazes and the like. It is used to find one's way back to the nearest open air area. It requires a preserved and treated feather from a raptor, painted blue, and a day's preparation time. When completed it will create an item that will attempt to lead the user back to an outdoor area with direct access to the sky provided it is held in one's right hand and sung to with the Bird's Song spell.

Friend of the Wild - An advanced spell that attempts to calm an entire group of animals.

Tame - A spell that through repeated use will render an animal friendly and loyal to the caster and those introduced as allies.

Wild Presence - An advanced spell that provokes an entire group of animals.

Communication:

Elemental:

Air Spells:

Gentle Breeze - (Air) A weak gust of wind it can stir leaves and ruin an office.

Strong Wind - (Air) A stronger gust of wind capable of throwing an unprepared human or dwarf off their feet.

Earth Spells:

Fire Spells:

Create Fire - (Fire) Creates a small flame at the target location, requires line of sight, good for lighting lamps/torches or playing pranks

Exploding Runes - (Fire) (ritual) Empowers an object with elemental fire set to explode on command. Useful for ambushes and the like. Spell dissipates after one hour.

Explosive Charge - (Fire) Empowers an item with elemental fire. As soon as the object strikes another surface it explodes. A perfect spell for archers and ranged specialists. Spell dissipates after three minutes.

Firebolt - (Fire) A small and concentrated projectile composed of pure fire, good for offense or scaring peasants

Greater Firebolt - (Fire) A more powerful version of Firebolt, otherwise identical in its use.

Hybrid Spells:

Freezing Wind - (Ice/Air) A hybrid elemental spell. This spell bombards an area with hail, sleet and bitter winds.

Ice Spells:

Ice Shard - (Ice) A projectile formed from elemental ice. Deals frost and crushing damage. Also useful on a hot summer day.

Lightning Spells:

Energy Bolt - (Lightning) A simple but reasonably strong electrical, projectile, attack spell

Greater Energy Bolt - (Lightning) A more powerful version of energy bolt, otherwise identical in its use.

Magic Zap - (Lightning) The most basic of attack spells, will not do a lot of damage, well unless you aim for the eyes

Metal Spells:

Poison Spells:

Water Spells:

Wood Spells:

Enchantment:

Dwarven Traditions:

Riddles (Wisdom):

Confusing Riddle - A basic enchantment often placed on prominent surfaces, shields, banners and the like. It disorients those that look at it reducing their speed and skill. Those of sufficent willpower can overcome the riddle.

Consuming Riddle - A more advanced enchantment also bound to prominent surfaces. It draws the attention of those that view it preventing them from doing anything but stare. Those of sufficient willpower can overcome the riddle.

Distracting Riddle - A basic riddle often bound to fast moving objects, swords, arrows, and the like. It attempts to catch the attention of all those that do not see it clearly. Those under the effect of this enchantment will attempt to acquire the object in question at any cost. Once it has been clearly viewed it loses its power over the target.

Paths (Intelligence):

The Path of Clarity - A difficult enchantment that helps the mind cut through illusions. Often applies to headgear or necklaces but suitable for anything. It provides no protection against mental attacks however.

The Path of Intellect - A difficult enchantment that sharpens the mind in general. This enchantment is often woven into jewelry but can be applied to anything. Provides a slight bonus to the intelligence of the wearer.

The Path of Memory - A more complex enchantment that aids in the retention of memory. It is often bound to jewelry worn on the head or headgear in general. Reduces SAN loss to strain as well.

The Path of Tongues - A reasonably simple enchantment that can be bound to any item that can fit in the mouth. Small pebbles and gemstones are often preferred (particularly Chrysoprase) though anything will do. This enchantment aids in the learning of new languages. Learning of language skills proceeds at twice the regular rate

Oaths (Elements):

The Ancient Oath - (Earth) This spell is often placed on shields and armour. It strengthen the item by drawing upon the elemental aspect of earth. In all other ways it operates in the same manner as the other four oaths.

The Burning Oath - (Fire) This spell is often placed on weapons, arrows and the like. It imbues them with the elemental aspect of Fire when activated. Casting time is lengthy though, thirty minutes per enchantment. Extended use will exhaust the runes, their strength is based on the power of the caster.

The Freezing Oath - (Ice) This spell operates on the exact same principles as the Burning Oath but grants the elemental aspect of ice instead.

The Thundering Oath - (Lightning) This spell operates on the exact same principles as the other two oaths but grants the elemental aspect of lighting instead.

The Poisonous Oath - (Poison) This spell operates on the exact same principles as the others but grants coats the item in a powerful magical poison. The poison is not fatal, instead causing paralysis between three to five minutes after entering the blood stream of the target.

Gate/Travel:

Gate - (ritual) A transportation spell, locates a specific place or plane by memory and opens a stable gate to it, takes a lot of time and power to cast

Retrieve Item - Can instantly return an object to you if you have a crystal clear image of it in your mind, as a result it usually requires line of sight. Note: Use on living subjects is not recommended due to high likelihood of demonic possession.

Lost's Retrieve Item - A more powerful version of the basic Retrieve Item spell that can operate over a distance and without line of sight provided it has been keyed to the specific item one intends to retrieve in advance (for example the pin on a mine if it is suitably unique).

Healing:

Heal - Basic curative spell capable of mending wounds. It is not recommended to use it without mandrake roots.

Greater Heal - (ritual) A ritual capable of restoring missing limbs and other serious wounds beyond the normal limits of a simple Heal spell. It requires multiple skilled mages to preform and is incredibly draining. It is advised to only undertake this ritual when in possession of large quantities of mandrake roots to prevent the injury or death of the casting mages.

Illusion/Mental:

Mental Spells:

Assault - (Mental) A mental attack spell that aims to overwhelm the target's senses and temporarily incapacitate them.

Compulsion - (Mental) A manipulation spell that commands a target to perform an action. The more complicated the task the harder it is to enforce. This spell relies on the willpower of the caster and the target to determine success.

Control - (Mental) Allows the caster to take near complete physical control over the target. The caster can not do anything else while 'piloting' the target and must retain a direct line of sight to their target at all times. The target will attempt to resist with their odds of success based on their willpower. If the caster attempts to force the target to do something they strongly disagree with a second check will be required.

Delayed Reaction - (Mental) Plants a trigger within the mind of the target. This spell works in conjunction with other Mental spells to delay their onset for a specified period of time.

Delightful Conversationalist - (Mental) Everything the caster says seems to be fascinating to the target. Improves the disposition of the target towards the caster. The target is allowed a save every three minutes based on their willpower.

Enthralling Laughter - (Mental) A simple spell carried through the voice that influences a designated target improving their opinion of the caster. The target is allowed a save based on their willpower.

False Memory - (Mental) You plant a fake memory in the mind of the target. Proximity, physical contact, concentration, the target's will/power and the duration of the spell all play a part in determining success or failure.

Fear - (Mental) A specialized suggestion spell that plants a feeling of immense terror within the target. The feeling of terror will only persist so long as the caster maintains the spell. The caster may perform certain basic tasks without breaking the spell (walking for example) but must maintain line of sight to their target.

Infiltration - (Mental) (ritual) A difficult and dangerous ritual which allows you to project your consciousness into the mind of another. The risks are very high but it can allow you to steal, alter, and destroy the memories and minds of others from the inside. Time travels much quicker within the mind than in the physical world, at the speed of thought so to speak. One can spend lifetimes trapped within a mind while mere minutes pass in the physical world.

Instruction - (Mental) A manipulation spell that builds upon compulsion. This spell allows you to give the target a series of actions to preform rather than a single act. The more complex the series of instructions the more difficult the spell is to maintain.

Mass Assault - (Mental) An assault spell that should be able to incapacitate entire groups.

Mass Compulsion - (Mental) Compulsion but spread over a number of targets, it works on similar principles to mass suggestion.

Mass False Memory - (Mental) You plant a fake memory in the mind of multiple targets. proximity, physical contact, concentration, the target's will/power and the duration of the spell all play a part in determining success or failure.

Mass Fear - (Mental) The fear spell cast wide over a group. More difficult to cast and maintain.

Mass Suggestion - (Mental) Suggestion spread over an area or multiple targets, difficult to maintain with large numbers or moving targets.

Strengthen Will - (Mental) (ritual) A ritual that reinforces the willpower of the caster. Requires two hours preparation but grants the trait: Strong Willed for a twelve hour period, increasing WIS by half base value. (Allows the WIS stat to break the 10 point cap.) Each person that is going to receive the bonus requires a Focus (an object that acts as a conduit) to channel the residual magical energies surrounding them into them. Multi-use Foci can be purchased and single use Foci can be crafted though it can often take some time (roughly a week).

Suggestion - (Mental) A fairly easy to resist mental suggestion that can confuse the senses of the target, if the target is aware of what you are doing it becomes much more difficult.

Illusion Spells:

Animated Area Projection - (Illusion) (ritual) Animated projection cast over an area. Very difficult to maintain, requires the complete attention of the caster. Victims use their willpower to resist this spell.

Animate Projection - (Illusion) Instead of a static person or object this spell creates an animated scene. Requires a great deal of concentration. Victims use their willpower to resist this spell.

Area Projection - (Illusion) Projection cast over an area. Line of sight is usually required.Victims use their willpower to resist this spell.

Confusing Image - (Illusion) An advanced illusion spell that projects a confusing image keyed to a specific target. Others that look at it are also likely to find it confusing. Victims use their willpower to resist this spell.

Enhanced Projection - (Illusion) A stronger and more difficult to maintain projection. Line of sight is usually required.Victims use their willpower to resist this spell.

False Image - (Illusion) A simple illusion spell that tricks the target's sense of sight can stay in effect for up to an hour. Victims use their willpower to resist this spell.

False Smell - (Illusion) A simple illusion spell that tricks the target's sense of smell, can stay in effect for up to an hour. Victims use their willpower to resist this spell.

False Sound - (Illusion) A simple illusion spell that tricks the target's sense of hearing, can stay in effect for up to an hour. Victims use their willpower to resist this spell.

Inspiring Image - (Illusion) An advanced illusion spell that projects an inspiring image keyed to a specific target. Others that look at it may or may not find it inspiring. Victims use their willpower to resist this spell.

Lethal Projection - (Illusion) A projection spell that attempt to convince the target they dying. If successful the target will actually die. Victims use their willpower to resist this spell.

Projection - (Illusion) Projects a fake image to a location stipulated by the caster, the exact position is important so line of sight is often needed.

Sickening Image - (Illusion) An advanced illusion spell that projects a disgusting image keyed to a specific target. Others that look at it may or may not find it sickening. Victims use their willpower to resist this spell.

Soothing Projection - (Illusion) A projection spell that attempts to trick the target's senses and remove pain in the process. This spell is not fatal in itself but it can lead to injury by removing the target's ability to feel pain, sometimes pain is a good thing. The target will naturally attempt to resist the spell and if successful will continue to feel the pain in question.

Terrifying Image - (Illusion) An advanced illusion spell that projects an image of complete terror keyed to a specific target. Others that look at it may or may not find it terrifying. Victims use their willpower to resist this spell.

Violent Projection - (Illusion) A projection spell that attempts to attack the target. If the target's mind falls for the trick they will believe themselves injured. This spell is not fatal. Victims use their willpower to resist this spell.

Invisibility/Light:

Light Spells:

Blinding Light - A bright flash of light capable of rendering all those that see it temporarily blind. In most cases sight returns within ten minutes though in rare cases sight loss may persist for longer.

Glamour - A subtle spell that twists the light around the caster and alters the perception of all viewers. It ensures the caster is always viewed in a flattering light. Requires the caster to actively maintain the spell and if cast on another target requires line of sight.

Light - Creates a magical lightsource in the shape of a candle or lantern note: someone will have to carry it

Polish - A spell for cleaning. Gets floors, armour and most surfaces clean, caution: may leave them slippery for a while.

Searing Light - A focused beam of light capable of doing mild heat damage. Particularly useful against enemies unaccustomed to the light.

'Meta':

Calm Casting - A spell you have managed to cobble together from the general theory Eagle supplied you with. When cast it will help you focus, improving your casting speed and accuracy for five minutes. It also numbs your mind slightly to emotions which may or may not be an advantage.

The Conqueror's Path - A happy accident, this spell was cobbled together from your first, failed attempt to create Iron Will and is based upon the mental application of the underlying theory that fuels the Warrior's Mask. It is a quick spell to activate and one that comes naturally with aggression. The closer your mental state is to that of the ancient warlords and conquerors the more potent this spell will be. This spell increases the potency of your spells, for a short burst of one minute per casting. It does so at the cost of their accuracy and energy consumption. This spell requires a state of mind that is wholly incompatible to that of Calm Casting, the two can not be active at the same time and the use of the one will diminish the effects of the other if used in succession.

Iron Will - Combining the burning intensity of the Warrior's Mask with the complete, cool composure of Calm Casting you have developed a spell that grants you near complete mastery over your own mind and emotions. The Iron Will spell encases you mind behind a thick shield of will and should serve to prevent tampering by all but the most powerful and skilled entities. You believe that any being still capable of reaching your mind will be forced to do so directly, in such a way as to give you clear warning, or through long and careful preparation for even the strongest of defenses are not completely impenetrable. This focus on defense does come at a cost though. The Iron Will spell must be maintained and will begin to fail as soon as you stop actively casting it. The defenses will last for about thirty seconds from the time you end your casting. Additionally as the spell requires keen focus and complete control over yourself all spells you attempt to cast on yourself while Iron Will is active will be twice as draining. All spells you attempt to cast on or at others while Iron Will is active will be three times as draining. The Warrior's Mask, the Conqueror's Path and Calm Casting, as the component spells of Iron Will, can all be cast while under the effects of Iron Will but are one and a half times as draining when cast on yourself and twice as draining when cast on others.

Movement:

Sort - Given a pile of similar but not identical objects this spell will separate them by criteria of your choosing.

Musical:

Coirpre's First Utterance - The most basic form of musical magic. A single note through which you can channel a single emotion at a single target. Fill your target with an unquenchable rage, endless despair or anything else you can contemplate. The spell requires maintenance and line of sight. As with all musical magic it is based on a vocal component, should you be rendered unable to sing for any reason the spell will not work. The target gets to make a save against the spell based on their willpower/mental fortitude. This spell can be used to build to larger effects when worked by multiple mages.

Nature:

Necromancy:

Control Ghast (ritual) - The spell used to 'program' a ghast based on a number of variables set by the caster. Requires a ghast.

Create Soulless (ritual) - An advanced spell used in the construction of Soulless/Hollowmen. This spell requires the upper body of a skeleton in good condition. Average thirty minute casting time.

Control Thrall (ritual) - The spell used to 'program' a thrall based on a number of variables set by the caster. Requires a thrall.

Create Ghast (ritual) - The most basic necromancy spell. It is the spell by a soul is bound to a corpse forever. Requires a fresh corpse. Average five minute casting time.

Create Thrall (ritual) - The more advanced form of Create Ghast, this spell creates a thrall instead. Requires a aged corpse. Average ten minutes casting time.

Mass Create Ghast (ritual) - A stronger version of Create Ghast that attempts to raise a number of ghasts simultaneously. Add two minutes for every ghast.

Mass Create Thrall (ritual) - A stronger version of Create Thrall that attempts to raise a number of thralls simultaneously. Add five minutes for every thrall.

Physical:

Eternal Bloom - (ritual) A ritual that restores an individual to their prime through the absorption of nearby vital spirits or energy. Blood works best but a variety of other substances can also work (including liquefied mandrake roots). The ritual must be renewed on a semi regular basis or it begins to weaken. The greater the physical and mental strain a caster suffers the quicker it unravels. This spell does not grant immortality, nor does it strengthen the user in any meaningful way (beyond negating the effects of old age), it simply halts the process of physical aging and decay.

The Warriors' Mask - (Metal) A spell that strengthens the body of the target. It grants a moderate increase to strength and constitution why lowering the dexterity of the target. The weight of the target increases, as does their height slightly, they gain resistance to electricity as well. The spell must be actively maintained by the caster, and line of sight to the target is also required. It takes effect and ends instantly at the discretion of the caster. It requires the caster to be conscious and free from major distractions (what constitutes a successful distraction in based on WIS check).

Protection:

Light Runes - Intermediate defensive spell that repels shadows

Warding Runes - (ritual) Modified Light Runes that limit who/what may enter/leave a warded area.

Summoning:

Technological:

Spell Schools/Fields:
Animal based spells - spells that use animals as messengers or scouts or servants exist but are not widespread. If you want a flock of crows to act as messengers you can do that. Polymorphing spells however are almost unheard of, the only known example of such a spell was used by Soulblghter during the war.

Physical spells - Spells that deal damage directly to the body or alter its state are widely known. Mages can turn their skin to stone or bark or scales, they can grow claws or tails, all sorts of things really though most are temporary. In theory a mage could shrink or grow themselves or others though it has not really been attempted. Attack spells that rip limbs or heads off are reasonably common as well.

Communication spells - Most of these simply do not exist. Nothing says you could not try and develop them over time and it may eventually be possible to set up links like those that Lady used in the books but you would be breaking new ground here.

Elemental spells - There are almost too many to count, fireballs, lightning bolts, frost, acid, poison, really anything you can think of has probably been tried at least once. The only exception is the creation of Elementals or the like which are very rare.

Enchantment spells - Most of your typical enchantments are available along with a few strange ones. The Smiths were masters of this school for example.

Gate spells - teleportation exists but is not widely known, is difficult and requires a lot of energy. Planar travel is almost unheard of.

Healing spells - most of these are known but are very draining to cast

Illusions/Mental spells - a very specialized school used almost exclusively in warfare or espionage. Further development of the school is hampered but the extreme paranoia of most illusionists even by mage standards.

Invisibility/Light manipulation - The dwarves are interested in this school, humans not so much.

"Meta" Spells - chaining together spells is fairly common for high level mages so many of these exist

Movement Spells - some of the basics may be known, haste/slow and the like but not well developed

Nature Based Spells - the druids of the Forest Giants and the Fir' Bolg are interested in these but humans do not show much interest

Necromancy - a very well developed school in some ways and horribly undeveloped in others. All spells of this school come from the Dream of Unlife and have to do with binding souls and raising the dead

Protection Spells - this is a very underdeveloped school which is why so many duels end in the defeat of both parties. Some basic protections may exist but for the most part mages rely on trying to dispel each others attacks. The first to hit usually wins.

Summoning - very underdeveloped as touched on with the Elementals. Most summoning that occurs is the result of dabbling with dark powers and tends to end poorly.

Technological based spells - this may become a very popular school in the coming decades if dwarven tech starts to spread, for now it is not well known.

Group Techniques:
'Enter of Thunder Colossus!': (Lightning/Air/Metal) A group attack that makes use of the Warrior's Mask, Strong Wind and Energy Bolt or Greater Energy Bolt spells in combination with one or more willing if insane volunteer. Strong Wind is used to carry and accelerate the target to great speeds at which point the Warrior's Mask is activated to transform the target into a flying, bronze instrument of death and asskickery. Once the Warrior's Mask is applied the target is then struck with a lightning based attack spell, usually Energy Bolt or Greater Energy Bolt. The end result is a flying, bronze, electrified warrior that comes crashing down upon the enemy. It can be physically and psychologically devastating if timed right.

'Heat Bolt': (Fire/Lightning) An attack spell executed by a pair of mages working in perfect cooperation. One mage launches a firebolt spell while the other launches and energy bolt at the same target. If the two spells are cast at the right angle they will latch onto one another on their way to the target. Each spell will attempt to devour the other, destabilizing both. The spells lose some range and finer control this way but the result is a purple bolt of extreme heat and power, stronger then both spells taken alone.

'Greater Heat Bolt': (Fire/Lightning) The exact same principle as Heat Bolt only used with more advanced attack spells. Timing is even more important as the spells are larger and less stable to begin with. This technique requires two mages that are completely comfortable casting together, individuals that can almost read each other's thoughts.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Not until after 24 hours.

There is still time to set up secondary votes... Why don't you vote, Azira? Who are we to blame when it will inevitably fail?

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Yeah, that's just the thing here. I'm not sure of what to do at all, and in cases like that, I shut my yap and watch where the pieces fall. If I don't vote, I can't blame anyone, nor would I blame myself.

Trying to detach myself here.. :M

Besides, this isn't treaves CYOA. Blame Baltika9. :troll:

Kz3r0

Arcane
Blame me guys, I am the one pushing for offing The Faceless Man after all.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I"d probably say lower than that. Remember archmages can piss on gods in this setting

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom