Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

My Summer Car - the Ultimate fuck-you-Datsun Simulator

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I managed to assemble the front and rear assy but then the car flipped on it's own and it came dark.

I tried watching TV, but it was full of shitty reruns.

I went to sauna but it was cold. I peed on the stove.

I drank a case of beer and passed out.
Is this about the game or what you did yesterday evening?

Szioul

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria Pathfinder: Wrath
I spent 10 mins searching for the fan belt. Couldn't find it. Then flipped the Hiace halfway to the store on my way to buy a new one. Not going to spend an hour walking back home. Need to restart and remember to keep enough beer on hand at all times to be able to use quick travel from now on.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
This game, man.

You have to hand-jack the car up so you can access underneath, spanner sizes are guesswork, so if it doesn't fit you'll have to go back to the toolbox and try a different size one. Then it gets dark when you are working on the car outside, so you cant see shit. So you have to go and get the flash-light from inside. Cept you can't work with a flash-light in your hand, so you have to place the flash-light somewhere where it lights up the area you are working with. And naturally move it around, when it is pointing in the wrong direction. All the time you are hounded by mosquitoes and flies.

And then you get hungry. 'cept there is no food in the fridge. So you have to drive for ages to the closest shop. Which is closed.

Then you die of starvation.

It only needs a winter mode where you get frostbites on your fingers and snap the bolts when you crank them too hard to be accurate representation of the joy of having a car project.

Szioul

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria Pathfinder: Wrath
I used the tractor to lift my car when working underneath. Much easier then trying to use a jack and hope it's balanced and won't slide around.

Now when I start, the first thing I do, is get to the shop to get all the food and beer there is. I also picked up some yeast and sugar, but am yet to figure out what I can use as a container to make kilju.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
How do you drink your piss though? You can't make the damn empty bottles stand on surface (decline) so that isn't the way to do it apparently.

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2
The hunger, thirst, fatigue meters fill up too easily. It's silly that you can die in one day if any of those meters go red. Maybe better would be to first make you pass out randomly because you are so tired or make your vision go blurry or somethingsomethingsomething.

toroid

Arcane
Cool game. Got the engine built early on the second day after screwing around for most of the first day, and then discovered the empty refrigerator. Rolled the van onto its side out in the middle of nowhere while looking for a store and then wandered on foot until I decided to start over. Apparently a sprint feature exists but is temporarily disabled until a bug is resolved, which is nice to hear since the walking speed is so slow. I hope to eventually see ridiculous levels of depth such as finding hidden car frames and upgrade parts, creative item interactions, and obscure unlockables.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Cool game. Got the engine built early on the second day after screwing around for most of the first day, and then discovered the empty refrigerator. Rolled the van onto its side out in the middle of nowhere while looking for a store and then wandered on foot until I decided to start over. Apparently a sprint feature exists but is temporarily disabled until a bug is resolved, which is nice to hear since the walking speed is so slow. I hope to eventually see ridiculous levels of depth such as finding hidden car frames and upgrade parts, creative item interactions, and obscure unlockables.
Remember to watch tv:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
So I managed to build the car up. But it makes a wild noise, doesn't move and overheats.

Well fuck.

Thought about towing it to the repair shop, so I attach the towing rope to the rear towing hook. Can't attach to the tractor for some reason, well fuck...

...so I attach it on the front hook while it is attached to the rear towing hook...

fuck

So uh.

Now I have no car any more.

Szioul

Arcane
Patron
I got mine to run and drive it to the mechanic, driving carefully since I fucked up the alignment and it veered heavily to the right. Had the mechanic check the alignment and engine settings (Not tuning). I assume he set the timing but left the carb alone, since it was still fucked up. Used the Air-fuel-ratio meter to get the optimal ratio. Still has no low RPM torque and takes a couple of tries to start and another minute or two to heat up enough that it won't shut down when I try to drive. 4th gear only slows me down on the highway unless I'm going downhill. Passed inspection though. Remembered to take the warning triangle off the tractor and put it in the trunk after seeing on the Steam forums that forgetting it gets you a failed inspection. :D

Never had overheating problems myself. Are you sure you added coolant and there's not a leak somewhere?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
I peed in the radiator, like a man

:martini:

I have some ideas about what was wrong, but since my car now resides in the moon, I can't really confirm.

But hey, it only takes a few hours to rebuild.

:negative:

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
When's the dev adding the mopo, tuning a car is fine but tuning a PV or Monkey would be heavan. Popping a wheelie at 80km/h when cops are watching. :positive:

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Tunturi was perfect as is so there wouldn't be any need to modify it, duh.

Last edited:

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
First try:

1XvXr3O.png

This game looks fun as fuck, but I feel a stigma against EA. Has the dev communicated any sort of roadmap as to what EA looks like, or is this just one of those games that will be stuck in EA limbo/feature-bloat forever?

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
It sure doesn't take much to die in this game. I managed to drive the van into a ditch on the way to the store, and bumped into a tree while trying to crawl out at 5kmh : "young male dead in car crash"

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
This game looks fun as fuck, but I feel a stigma against EA. Has the dev communicated any sort of roadmap as to what EA looks like, or is this just one of those games that will be stuck in EA limbo/feature-bloat forever?

Well, that kinda depends on how well it sells. It is pretty much "feature complete" as it is, though there is a great deal of potential for expansion. If you like the idea of building a rusty piece of shit Datsun a car, I'd say it is worth buying at discount as it is. Some quality of life improvements a few more bugs are most probably guaranteed in the near future.

And if the game becomes super popular, then maybe it will get a whole lot of extra content in the future. But the initial idea was just to bugfix and polish and release final release soon after.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
I just need a sprint button. Fucking slow piece of shit amis.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom