Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MY IMPRESSIONS OF GENEFORGE SERIES

These people are crazy. It clearly has terrible graphics, combat, and items in Geneforge 1, and the graphics sure as hell don't get great afterwards. Final Fantasy VI only has 255 items but still seems to have done a way better job. The items don't change much of the gameplay. There's not enough of them. There's not many combat abilities (Final Fantasy VI had 500+) and the combat abilities didn't seem balanced either. How is one programmer supposed to balance a game well? You can just assume his games are terribly unbalanced.

But if you're a story fag, prepare for greatness.

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
i always liked his geneforge series, but idk how you played them one after the other thats crazy lol, i had to take like 2 year breaks in between them

avernum on the other hand i never liked rly, thought it was a bit boring

Unwanted

The Nameless Pun

Unwanted
I bought the entire package on gog, going to play them sooner or later. And stop bitching about the graphics, this is the freaking codex, leave this discussions to consoletards. Frankly, I like the graphics. Yup, that's right, when I launched geneforge 1 just to see how it looked, it turned out to be way better than I expected judging from screenshots and stuff. And what really matters is C&C and quest depth, also faction interaction and story reactivity. Also, the setting is original, this strange blend of fantasy and biological manipulation, it's not common in crpgs.

pippin

That green puke interface is bad, it's an objective fact.
But I do like Geneforge.

Space Insect

Arcane
So I've been playing Geneforge 1and it is quite good...

But my question is: how is it that it seems as though only a few (relatively) Codexers have played them? How is it that on the top 50 CRPG list, all the Biowhore games and a bunch of other less deserving games beat Geneforge? Is the entire Codex really a hangout for graphix whores and consoletards in the closet? Explain!

But my question is: how is it that it seems as though only a few (relatively) Codexers have played them? How is it that on the top 50 CRPG list, all the Biowhore games and a bunch of other less deserving games beat Geneforge? Is the entire Codex really a hangout for graphix whores and consoletards in the closet? Explain!

(insert image of codex steam group with dozens playing Fallout 4 here)

TigerKnee

Arcane

I want to say it's because Vog fills his games with a billion pointless trash mobs but then again that's a criticism for a lot of RPGs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom