Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Nerd Commando Guide Channel (ex-funbuilding & stuff)

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Sounds awesome if done right.

Nah, dude, don't get your hopes too high - we don't have the budget for any kind of proper god sim. It's gonna be a quirky space invaders-like shmup, just with the Tyrian-style shop spliced with RPG system and the megalomaniac stargod as the main protagonist.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Still, could be great fun imo, for instance if you plunder Olympus and every other ancient religion for quirky god powers. And add some kind of PvP option so we can argue out our theological disputes. :smug:

But it's your game, ignore me, I'm just ramblin' here.

Pope Amole II

Developer
Still, could be great fun imo, for instance if you plunder Olympus and every other ancient religion for quirky god powers. And add some kind of PvP option so we can argue out our theological disputes. :smug:

Nah, our setting is sci-fi so we'll be aiming for less ancient and more space fantasy build. As for the PVP option - it's unlikely, we're aiming to create a decent enough single-player gameplay and, well, many of our mechanics just won't work in the PVP mode.

Should do JA2 1.13

To my shame I must admit that I've never played those series. But yeah, one day I totally plan to rectify that.

Ok, so this week was a productive one, kinda. First, we have the conclusion of our Might & Magic business:

Then, I've made an extra guide for M&M VI, discussing the singleton specifically. I'll made one for VII and VIII eventually - singletoning these games is surprisingly fun and should be done more often.

Finally, I've made two short videos about kotor I, just repeating the stuff I've already said but in more focused manner - I've described how to build a dexterity-gun jedi and an armour-wearing consular jedi. Done that to diversify the audience, I guess? Won't post them there so to not overload the post and the thread, but just so you know.

catfood

AGAIN
Pope, are you the guy who voiced this character in Looney Toons?

cap449.bmp

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Nice videos man, they will come in handy when I replay those games.

The recording is quite bad in the singleton video though, volume levels are all over the place.

Pope Amole II

Developer
Pope, are you the guy who voiced this character in Looney Toons?

Nah, but now I know which career path to take if my gamedev attempts will fail.

The recording is quite bad in the singleton video though, volume levels are all over the place.

I know - bought myself a new headset yesterday and wanted to test it out at recording. And, well, the sound is nice, but it's microphone is crap. Maybe I'll redo it when I'm not lazy (i.e., probably not soon).

KK, done two more videos today to conclude my M&M affair - a similar singleton videos for the seventh and eighth parts of the game.

Pope Amole II

Developer
The lucky seventh number in our series was given to the game truly deserving the honor, the game which, dare I say, shaped the codex the way it is. Well, that's a rather dubious achievement according to the majority of internet population, but truly, who cares? Ladies and gentlemen, you know it, you love it, please welcome the Fallout!

Pope Amole II

Developer
I've spent some good time today, recording the simpler guide videos for the Fallout 2. Like, most of them shouldn't be that interesting for the codex as the veterans here must know all the crap anyways, but I'll post what I consider to be the magnum opus of my Fallout efforts here - The Throwing Guide (which is only a novelty if you haven't read my SJW F2 LP, but still):

Pope Amole II

Developer
And His Holiness is suffering in the ranks of midwestern brotherhood of steel. And his tribulations are much greater than theirs. Fuck that game.

Pope Amole II

Developer
This week (or, rather, last week's) video will be coming late, btw, because I got a flu and, while most of its effects have worn off, one that remains is a mild, but rather annoying cough. Which, obviously, isn't what a good tutorial video needs.

Surprisingly, though, I've tinkered enough with the BoS so that I'm more or less having fun with it. It's not the greatest game ever, but you can make it work:

bos1.jpg

Zdzisiu

Arcane
This week (or, rather, last week's) video will be coming late, btw, because I got a flu and, while most of its effects have worn off, one that remains is a mild, but rather annoying cough. Which, obviously, isn't what a good tutorial video needs.

Surprisingly, though, I've tinkered enough with the BoS so that I'm more or less having fun with it. It's not the greatest game ever, but you can make it work:

bos1.jpg
Did you... just punch behemoth for 1513 dmg?

Pope Amole II

Developer

Yeah. It's the left leg critical exploit - see, left leg's critical table seems to be broken and, on the proc, may produce completely unrealistic results. By the game's rules, dealing more than 700 dmg in a hit to a behemoth shouldn't even be possible, but left leg crit surpasses that easily, as you see.

Her base damage is around 20, btw:

bos2.jpg

And here's the build (which is wrong, btw - should've aimed for 6 luck and better criticals for even more lulz):

bos3.jpg

2 missing perks are comprehension (turned out to be an overkill) and Divine Favor (obviously).

Though, I don't really need that exploit to punch behemoths to the death - my melee duo just stuns/knocks down/makes unconscious (lol) them to the infinity so, after one initial burst or so, they just lay on the ground while you pummel that hp bloat down. Left leg crit is just for convenience.

Zdzisiu

Arcane

Yeah. It's the left leg critical exploit - see, left leg's critical table seems to be broken and, on the proc, may produce completely unrealistic results. By the game's rules, dealing more than 700 dmg in a hit to a behemoth shouldn't even be possible, but left leg crit surpasses that easily, as you see.

Her base damage is around 20, btw:

bos2.jpg

And here's the build (which is wrong, btw - should've aimed for 6 luck and better criticals for even more lulz):

bos3.jpg

2 missing perks are comprehension (turned out to be an overkill) and Divine Favor (obviously).

Though, I don't really need that exploit to punch behemoths to the death - my melee duo just stuns/knocks down/makes unconscious (lol) them to the infinity so, after one initial burst or so, they just lay on the ground while you pummel that hp bloat down. Left leg crit is just for convenience.
Fascinating stuff. Will watch the video for more delicious overkills and exploits.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Oh, BoS. My guilty pleasure. People really jumped on a hate train with this game. I can understand the hate for lore rape and "it's not Fallout 3!", but I had so much fun with it first time I played it (the first half of the game at least, before PWA+EMPing waves of robots). It's Fallout but with 6 characters you can control who can run, duck, crawl, jump over obstacles and ride in cars made of junk while shooting machine guns into enemies. Of course I liked it. And the maps were really neat, big and complex, with multiple objectives. Good looking, too. No shitty 3d, no sir.
I even wrote a fanfic about BoS with a friend during my school years. Was so bad.
I wish I could play Fallout 2 with that engine and map design. Imagining taking over New Reno with team of 6 makes me drool over all the possibilities.
I'll wait for Pope's video I guess.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
I've never quite understood the hate for BoS either. It obviously isn't an rpg and it's a spin-off game really, no reason to compare in to F1 and 2 and be all butthurt.

Pope Amole II

Developer
And it's up. Frankly, I've tried to adress the reason why this game is so reviled in my first take on the video, but the end result got way too long so I was forced to retake it, just skimming over the issue. I guess I'll make a separate video about it (because that's actually a good topic), but now it's just building time:

Zdzisiu

Arcane
And it's up. Frankly, I've tried to adress the reason why this game is so reviled in my first take on the video, but the end result got way too long so I was forced to retake it, just skimming over the issue. I guess I'll make a separate video about it (because that's actually a good topic), but now it's just building time:

Jesus H Christ, your video is really loud. You can imagine my face when it started in the other tab and my youtube volume slider was on max.

Edit: Also, put off the amphetamine mate, you are talking so fast that it is at times hard to process all the information you are throwing at us. Just chill a bit with the speed, if you are afraid that the video will end up being too long because of that, then cut it into 2 or 3 parts because it is way better to have 3 videos of 30 minutes each than one in which you talk like a super high coke-head :)

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Dog with 10 CHA for best leader

Lol at haymaker & power kick

Last edited:

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Yeah man, you should slow down a bit. It's probably too much info per minute for someone who has never played the game you're talking about.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom