Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Muro's Arcanum Weapon Database version 1.0.5 (2016 update!)

Muro

Educated
Greetings, ladies and gentlemen.

My spies have informed me that there might be a significant number of Arcanum players who - while not present on Terra Arcanum - can be found on this here Codex. It has been suggested that, for the benefit of those players, a certain Arcanum-related project of mine should be shared here as well.

And so it now is.

Fragment of the database's readme part said:
TABLE OF CONTENTS:

• I. What is this thing and what is it for?
    II. Game version
    III. How do I use it?
    IV. Miscellaneous
    V. What properties of weapons were omitted and why?
    VI. Abbreviations
    VII. Ammo types
    VIII. Semi-available weapons
    IX. Unarmed weapons
    X. Shocking Staff
    XI. Throwing Dagger
    XII. Harrow
    XIII. Weapons with magickally adjusted speed
    XIV. Weapons with magickally adjusted MSR
    XV. Thanks
    XVI. A few last words
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I. What is this thing and what is it for?
  • The DATABASE sheet of this here Excel file is a database containing data about all weapons that one can find in Arcanum. If you want to choose the most effective weapon(s) for your character and/or any of his followers or simply want to find out what's the weakest/strongest/fastest/most magickal/most whatever-else-interests-you weapon in the game, the database should prove useful for you.

The README sheet, on the other hand, contains all of the info needed to effectively understand and use the database plus some other useful knowledge about Arcanum's weapons.
II. Game version
  • The database has been created for Arcanum version 1.0.7.4 with Unofficial Arcanum Patch v091225
227 weapons total in 239 entries.

The user fills in the following information about the character for which the weapon data will be calculated:
  • Strength
  • Magick/Tech Aptitude
  • Melee Training
  • Throwing Training
  • Firearms Training
  • Bow Training
The database, in return, provides the following data about every weapon:
  • Name
  • Type
  • Magick/Tech/Hexed/Neutral
  • Magick/Tech Complexity
  • Magickal Power Available
  • Minimal Strength Required: one-handed (shield/device in another hand)
  • Minimal Strength Required: two-handed (no shield/device in another hand)
  • Speed
  • Action Points per Attack
  • Minimal Damage
  • Maximal Damage
  • Average Damage per Action Point
  • Ammo Units per Attack
  • Average Damage per Ammo Unit
The data can then be sorted in any way the user wishes.

Much more information can be found in the database's readme part.

~ DOWNLOAD LINK ~

~ ORIGINAL THREAD ON TERRA ARCANUM ~

Do enjoy yourselves.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changes in version 1.0.1:

- Corrected the damage calculating formulas of the Sword of the Derian Ka.
- Added the Sword of the Derian Ka section to the README part.

Changes in version 1.0.2:

- Corrected the damage calculating formulas of the Fine Revolver.

Changes in version 1.0.3:

- Fixed a loophole in minimum and maximum damage calculating formulas which erroneously elevated the damage of the Axe of Lost Time and Grack's Burdensome Staff for characters combining low strength and high magickal aptitude.

Changes in version 1.0.4:

- Added the Bow of Damage to the DATABASE part.

Changes in version 1.0.5:
- Fixed sorting for the 2007 and later versions of Excel. (!!)
- Included additional trivia in the Harrow section of the README part.
- Removed the mention of a potential side database supporting mods (A:WIP or otherwise) from the README part (since by this point it's pretty clear I'll never get around to that).
- Added a couple more entries in the Thanks section.

Last edited:

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Looks interesting.

Reject_666_6 said:
It's funny that the Codex suffers from Drog alts with retarded names that try to troll all the time, and yet TA has somebody actually named Drog Alt who is a polite and knowledgeable fellow.

Clearly TA is the Codex's "Mirror, Mirror" universe.

Muro

Educated
It would seem I have made a mistake when choosing the proper forum for this thread. The Codex Workshop seems much more appropriate than the General RPG Discussion, now that I looked into it. If someone possessing the powers required for such a task decided to move it there, I would be more than grateful.

baronjohn

Cipher
gunsuck.png

Guns are balanced right?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Muro said:
It would seem I have made a mistake when choosing the proper forum for this thread. The Codex Workshop seems much more appropriate than the General RPG Discussion, now that I looked into it. If someone possessing the powers required for such a task decided to move it there, I would be more than grateful.

Done. Since I'm a horrible Arcanum fanboy I can also make it into a sticky if you ask for it.

Muro

Educated
baronjohn said:
Guns are balanced right?
Indeed, Arcanum is pretty much reverse Fallout when it comes to the guns/everything else balance.

JarlFrank said:
Much obliged.

JarlFrank said:
Since I'm a horrible Arcanum fanboy I can also make it into a sticky if you ask for it.
Why yes, if it's as simple as that, I do ask you for this distinction. How unwise of me would it be to decline such a generous offer?

Derper

Prophet
Thanks for the effort Muro! Saw it on TA and will study further. Now we just need a link to the beta-data from that certain, special someone.

Muro

Educated
I noticed the Sword of the Derian Ka has a substantial hidden bonus to damage, making this already decent weapon a significantly better one than its description suggests. Added a "Sword of the Derian Ka" section to the README part and included the bonus in the sword's damage calculating formulas in the DATABASE part.

Updated the table of contents and download link in the original post.

Muro

Educated
Noticed an error in the damage calculating formulas of the Fine Revolver.

The problem is now solved, the database updated and reuploaded. Download link can be found in the original post.

Muro

Educated
Noticed a loophole in minimum and maximum damage calculating formulas which erroneously elevated the damage of the Axe of Lost Time and Grack's Burdensome Staff for characters combining low strength and high magickal aptitude.

Seriously, how specific can an error get?

The problem is now solved, the database updated and reuploaded. Download link can be found in the original post.

Muro

Educated
Found a weapon I seem to have overlooked when creating the database.

The Bow of Damage has now been added to the DATABASE part.

The database is updated and reuploaded. Download link can be found in the original post.

Muro

Educated
On 5th May 2013 Muro said:
Expect an update soon.
...oops.

Better late than never, though!

Download link added to the first post, but let's have it here as well.

Version 1.0.5 changelog:
- Fixed sorting for the 2007 and later versions of Excel. (!!)
- Included additional trivia in the Harrow section of the README part.*
- Removed the mention of a potential side database supporting mods (A:WIP or otherwise) from the README part (since by this point it's pretty clear I'll never get around to that).
- Added a couple more entries in the Thanks section.**

* I think it's interesting enough that I'll go ahead and quote that added paragraph here as well:

Last but not least, you might notice in the database part that for some builds (=very evil elves/dwarves with 6 or lower strength), Harrow's min damage values go below 0. This isn't an error - as opposed to normal weapons, Harrow's special scripting doesn't have a lower damage cap of 1 (or 0 like the Axe from the Isle of Despair). What this means in-game is that if you hit an enemy with such a particular character with Harrow and deal negative damage, you actually heal the foe. Quite the unorthodox first aid kit, that.

** Thanks to Question, Jojobobo and TheDavisChanger for bringing the sorting problem to my attention and providing info that eventually helped pinpoint the source of the issue. Also, shoutouts to Sandro aka Sugar for (first accidentally and later actively) reminding me that I wanted to return to and update this project.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom