Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Murderous Psychopaths Needed!

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
We have the psychopath king:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/230070/discussions/0/496881136915728682/

12AC8A8252282A3BF8898829963BCCBF21EB2FA3

hivemind

This is what's amazing about AoD.

You can have hundred of hours of fun playing through the narrative and like quests and shit AND THEN you can also play like the game itself with runs like these.

:salute:

Tigranes

Arcane
Are there even 476 critters in the entire game? I think closest I got is high 200s or 300.

Tigranes

Arcane
I still don't understand how that works. From the top of my head,

Pickpockets - 3
Miltiades - 5
Kebab - 2
Tavern Gang - 4
Aemolas Village - ~10
Cassius - 1
Bandit Camp - 6
Outpost - 10
Palace Infiltration - 1 (Guard Outside) + 4? 5? (Servants) + 4? (Tower crits route) = ~10

Let's presume a Mercenary -> IG playthrough, which is one of the higher for kills:
Merchant Ambushers - 2 (+1 Merchant teamkill)
Merchant Ambushers, Go Back and fight Cado maybe? Never done it.
IG #1 - 5 (+2 if you kill the allies)
IG #1b - 2 (your allies)
IG #2 - 9? 10? (tower fight)
IG #3 - ~12? (Antidas fight, allies included)

That's still ~85. So maybe he got creative with some of the early background mission overlaps? But it's still so far away from 170.
The only thing I left out is if you refuse to pay after killing the kebabs, which is like +6 kills, but then you get kicked out of Teron.

Tigranes

Arcane
OK, so you get into fight in town, lure them to some populated area, and basically kill as many Teron residents as possible. Meh. So of course you end up killing nearly everybody in town that you don't need for the main questline.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy

Gulnar

Scholar
Has anyone tried a throwing weapon/dodge build? Can you actually counter-attack after a dodge with a throwing weapon?

Saduj

Arcane
Has anyone tried a throwing weapon/dodge build? Can you actually counter-attack after a dodge with a throwing weapon?

No. But throw/dodge is still very powerful. Although a little alchemy and crafting are a must.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
As soon as better shortcuts are implemented I'm doing crossbow/block. STARCRAFT SPACE MARINES FTW, LEL.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Two handed. You can't shoot a bow with one hand (not talking about reloading) unless you're Asian. There is a one-handed crossbow though.

Gulnar

Scholar

No. But throw/dodge is still very powerful. Although a little alchemy and crafting are a must.

Mh. What about throw/shield? Right now i can't remember too well, but iirc throwing depended on strength, so you couldn't go for 4/10/10/8/4/4 and be effective, right?

Saduj

Arcane

Mh. What about throw/shield? Right now i can't remember too well, but iirc throwing depended on strength, so you couldn't go for 4/10/10/8/4/4 and be effective, right?

I've only done throw/dodge. I went 7/10/6/9/4/4. Strength bonus did apply so would not recommend going with less than 6 strength. I went dodge because I was going with 12 AP and I like to use heavy armor with blockers. Also, I'm not positive on this one but I am under the impression that blockers can't use feint. I'd rather have feint than shield bash for situations where thrower gets mobbed. More flexible in that if you have more than one adjacent enemy you can choose which one to switch positions with.

That said, throwing was strong enough that I'm sure you can make throw/block work.

Last edited:

Inf0mercial

Augur
Throwing and block works well, early game is weak mid to late game you laugh at heavily armored soldiers, stick to throwing knives nothing else really works oh and weight management becomes a bitch.

Crossbow shield is decent but all i am thinking while playing it is that throwing knives were a lot more fun, on the plus side you can use poison with crossbows.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom