Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Murder in Tehran's Alleys 2

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism
Browsing through the internet i stumbled upon something that i have never seen in my country. A promising adventure game, where everyone only plays CoD and FIFA it's really surprising to see such games being made. It was made by some indie studio consisted of only 12 personnel in a small city. The cover art looked very nice so i decided "why not giving it a try?". I mean, isn't it cool?
slide-default-murder-in-tehran-alleys2.jpg

The box says you play as a detective who is chasing the local Muhammad Payne.

Well, let's see how the game is...

udEZ7uY

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
The story begins with a series of picture showing a man who consumes crystal meth and murders his wife and children and then goes crazy.
hoRGJz.png

Here we are, a detective sitting in his office and farting until his boss calls him and orders him to investigate a murder!
Murder happened in Lavasan, where the rich folks live, who would murder a rich man in his own mansion?
LVggjKX.jpg

After chatting to the soldier i entered the mansion. Searching around and.... oh! What's under the chair over there? CRYSTAL METH! I ask the soldier at the entrance to give a plastic bag to collect the evidence.
7O1Klz.png

Well, now talk to the victim's wife. The developers kept it halal so we don't even see her face :lol:. Ok, btw, she drew a clear picture of this night for me: There was a party, his husband left the crowd at the middle of the party and one maid found his corpse in his room upstairs. She didn't know what exactly his job was, all she knows is that his husband was a "buisnessman" and that they occasionally smoke meth at parties.
c48.jpg

gHp23B.png

Now we go upstairs and see the cool part, THE CRIME SCENE!
Talking with the doctor, he doesn't give a shit really but he says this is a very violent murder, victim's face was the main target of the assassin and it's completely burned and his pants were wet(wtf?).
TV is on and i found a CD with bloodstains remaining on it. I also found a broken pipe and a nice lighter. There was a bottle on the desk which contained some yellow liquid(Doctor said it's human urine(wtf again) and he will send it to lab)
There was an empty frame on the desk, apparently, its picture was pulled out by force. The wife said there was not any frame on his desk. (another wtf)

X13mnQ.png

Well, sounds like it's all i could get from the whole thing. Let's get back to the office....

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Just before getting out of the room i noticed i have forgotten something, there was pieces of what formerly was a photo on the floor. Upon examining it i solved a puzzle mini-game.
Victim is shaking hands of a mysterious man.
929kxC.png

Interesting....
There was something written in yellow color on the back of the pic. Could it be a hidden message? Let's warm it up using that shiny lighter!
Oh!
cVdL4e.png

EATING FROM RIBA, HARAM!

Oh the CD i found, let's put it in the video player...
oh again!
The murderer had the victim confess that he made all his wealth through riba and haram activities such as drug dealing. Then kills him by smashing his face with a hot pipe!
jVPH9G.png

I have enough of this, let's get back to home!
I ordered a Pizza so now until then let's research a bit about riba and other haram things in Islam:

"Riba (Arabic: ربا ,الربا، الربٰوة‎‎ ribā or al-ribā, IPA: [ˈrɪbæː]) can be roughly translated as "Usury", or unjust, exploitative gains made in trade or business under Islamic law. Riba is mentioned and condemned in several different verses in the Qur'an (3:130, 4:161, 30:39 and perhaps most commonly in 2:275-2:280). It is also mentioned in many ahadith."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riba

On searching through the net 10 biggest sins in Islam were added to my journal PDA

MnrPD8.png

1: Not believing in mercy of God
2: Adultery
3: Doing Riba
4: Violating other's rights
5: Arrogance
6: Gossiping
7: Betrayal
8: Not praying to Allah
9: Not paying Zikat
10: Continuing to committing small sins

"Oh God, let's hope our murderer is not selecting his victims using this list!"

The first sin: Riba

a19b571866a337aca422a967b9d219a605717852234f1f15d2a9b77edc0f1b5e.jpg

Now my pizza has arrived, guess i should sleep after finishing and see what happens tomorrow....

Nicebrain

Educated
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
I saw its predecessor I think "Murder In Tehran's Alleys 1933" at gamersgate, but I never tried it. Awful reviews scared me away

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Then keep up, it's the current best thread in the Codex, if there were a chance to get in English I wouldn't be following, but I assume there's no chance that it ever get translated, right?

Absinthe

Arcane
Fun fact: Persians aren't Arabs, and Farsi isn't Arabic. Most Iranians will think you're both rude and retarded if you call them Arabs.

I still have no fucking clue what the text says though. Can't read it for shit.

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
It's TOMORROW!

After waking up i got out of room and saw that our waifu has returned. Waifu is mad. Because last night there was a party at her mother's home while we were investigating a murder. I traded some cringeworthy dialogues with her and got back to the office.
MHSRut.png

(i don't get why our waifu wears hijab when she is at home. Also why can't we see her face?!)

I was informed that boss wants to see me. So i came to his room. He just asked for a brief report on last night's events and told me to solve this case before the it attracts the media's attention.
1VWNC8.png

("Sir, we found meth and a pipe in victim's house. His great wealth which was mostly made in illegal ways has made many enemies for him")
The boss also said that they managed to find the murderer's face in that video and told me to check it.

Ok, then. I asked the muslimah in the office to show me what she has found in the video. Not a very clear picture of him because of the video's low quality.
8Mxepf.png

I took the pic and handed it over the archives office to analysis it. It takes a few hours for them to check the database. Meanwhile i should go back to the victim's place and ask around a bit.

STRANGE DOGGIE

The victim had a dog named Adrian. He appears to be very angry. I noticed his teeth are covered in blood and some sort of cloth is stuck is in his mouth!
COULD IT BE THE MURDERER'S?
829.png

X3VeEN.jpg

GcV8CcK.jpg

("I can't get anything out of him this way, better find something that put to him to sleep...")

There was an old man running a real state next door. I got some trivial info about the victim from him(like he was going to buy a large expensive villa). The old man has some sleeping meds in his cupboard, so i should just lure him out of the room and....
ilWAhJ.jpg

So, i picked up the sleeping pills. All i needed to do was to drop some of them in water and put it in Adrian's bowl.
Doggie is now asleep :shittydog:
4WpJHoD.jpg

To get the samples, i need to have some medical tools. So i should get back to the office and meet the doctor. Maybe he has finished his analyses on the victim's body now.

"hi doc wacha doin?"
"meh i couldnt get much out of teh body all i kno is dat he pissed in his pants before death lol"
"lololol ok can u gib med toolz to me"
"ok"
m6MtD5n.jpg

("The murderer mixed Sulfur and Meth together in a pipe and smashed victim's head with it. The explosion killed him")

OH LETS SEE WHAT WE HAVE HERE!
I got pieces of cloth by carefully using forceps and used a brush to get the blood sample.

Let's get back to the office again. I should take the blood to doc and those cloth pieces to the archives.
First, let's take the cloth to the archives office.
The archive guy said he found three suspects who look like our murderer, he will send their addresses to us. Now, we must put the pieces together... COULD IT BE PART OF THE MURDERER'S CLOTHES?

4JdysJb.jpg

("don't sweat it bro i can do it myself, i love puzzle minigames!")

PUZZLE TIME!
C3BfRkm.jpg
dJhkNDy.jpg

"Well, it's part of the murderer's clothes" SCHOKING!

Handed the blood samples over the doc, said he will send it to lab and report his findings to us.
Oh my phone rings, archive guy has sent locations of the three suspects to me.
Let's meet these lovely men....

Last edited:
So are games made in Muslim theocracies forced to abide by their decency laws? Specifically referring to the hijab thing. If so, why is the portrayal of drug use etc. ok? Genuinely curious.

Surprisingly good art in this game.

Job Creator

Arcane
So are games made in Muslim theocracies forced to abide by their decency laws? Specifically referring to the hijab thing. If so, why is the portrayal of drug use etc. ok? Genuinely curious.

Iran has a big drug smuggling/drug use problem, they probably hear about it on the news all the time so I imagine it's not a big deal

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron

There's also the mandatory Khomeini/Khamenei portrait it seems.

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Well, well, well.
We have these three suspects for now:

Hasan Falahi: 4 years ago he was arrested for assault and served two years in jail
Mohsen Dabbagh: This one is interesting, he was a partner in crime at killing his father's murderer.
Nosrat Mahmoodi: Just some small crimes.

Let's visit the first one..
4OwnBR.jpg

Well, the sign on the door said that Hasan died around 40 days ago. rip in peace.
jYDhfAB.jpg

Let's see the next one, Mohsen.

Apparently he quieted being a criminal and has opened up a garage. He was at his home last night. Well, this one is out too.
lrf2v4.jpg

("Well, may i ask you where were you last night between 6 to 10 PM?")
EStc18T.jpg

The last suspect, Nosrat Mahmoodi.

It's strange that we we should find him in a hospital and it's even more strange that people call him "Doctor". Well, sounds like he too stopped being a thief and studied to become a doctor and live like a honest man. (Land of make-believe he he he)

gFHEuqx.jpg

("I was tired of being a criminal, one day i told myself :"hey, Nosrat! You can stop being the man you are if you really want to change!"...")

Nothing.. I got absolutely nothing from these folks.. let's get back to my office and think about all i got 'till now...
Oh!, today's newspaper:
w35ziVx.jpg

HOLLYWOOD-ISH MURDER!
LAST EVENING A MURDER HAPPENED WHEN THE MURDERER FORCED THE VICTIM TO CONFESS JUST LIKE IN HOLLYWOOD MOVIES....

The last thing we wanted... now our murderer made it to the media with just one kill...
I think it's time to go and check if folks find anything from those blood sample and clothes...

PfPdhBc.jpg

("WTF? All results were NEGATIVE?")
Our database found no match for the blood sample i extracted from that doggie. ahhhh.. too much effort for nothing!

A random soldier appeared and told me boss wants see me ASAP.
WHAT HAS HAPPENED?!

Just what i expected.... ANOTHER MURDER!
Boss is upset about our serial murderer getting famous on media and he asked us to put all our efforts to investigate this case. Judging by the amount of violence he guesses that this crime is also done by our mysterious murderer...
The new victim has been found death in his house in downtown. Let's go!
DedE1zf.jpg

("Don't let this case grow too big to be exposed to media(too late fagget). We are now dealing with a series of murders with the same motives")

GOING TO THE CRIME SCENE

We have two murders by now. One in a big mansion at northern part of the city and this one in a little house in a poor district at southern part of the city.

5AfyCHK.jpg

Let's enter the house..

At the first glance, everything in the house smells of poverty. A typical house in the poor parts of the city. A rusty bicycle, a little pool full of dirty water and an old cooler on the top....
xzVbEST.jpg

Before getting to the crime scene, let's ask the about the victim from neighbors. Usually in southern parts folks know a lot about each other.

Well, sounds like we can't call the victim a "honest hardworking man". In fact, our nigga was a local drug seller :M
No wonder why our murderer chose him....
8XcKXs4.jpg

"Yes, this man was the local drug dealer. We found it out when we saw that all kinds of scums were wandering around his house..."

Now, the cool part... THE CRIME SCENE!

Let's investigate the body...
OH!
MT7xTmz.jpg

The murderer has carved the words "Bad Friends" on his back with a knife...!

There is a strange green box on the floor. There is an input for fingerprint on it. WHAT'S INSIDE? WHOSE FINGER CAN OPEN THIS BOX?

0ovX6D.jpg

I use the victim's finger to open the box...
Oh! our dear murderer added an extra lock for us..
It needs a code!

nPU2TCV.jpg

What is the code? Since the murderer loves to play with us, i doubt it's a meaningless word. So it's probably something related to him, his motives or his victims...
Certainly, it can't be کوروا because کوروا has five letters not three.
Could it be something 'alive'? Or some object which is not 'alive' or is... 'dead'... EURKA! It's "مرگ " which means DEATH

NOW THE BOX IS OPEN!

It's just part of a pic. The victim's face and unlike the last pic we can't even see a shadowy figure of the murderer... Sad!
On the back of the pic there is something that appears to be part of a logo.. better take this to the lab dudes.
xQL2TsI.jpg
4VS6JNR.jpg

Back to the office... boys say they received a video... oh our murderer really loves to record his crimes...
Torturing the victim and forcing him to smoke something that eventually killed the guy in a painful way... oh damn.

4VS6JNR.jpg

Let's get to Dr. Shakib. He should have already finished his analysis on the body.

Doc says that our victim was a meth addict and smoking that meth was the cause of death. But how can smoking meth kill someone?
Doc answered that the crystal meth was combined with Iodide which turned it into a deadly poison which literally melted the brain of our victim. A very painful death.

From: https://erowid.org/archive/rhodium/chemistry/meth.rp.html

This is what happens when you try to mix meth with Iodide

Reaction
Smallest reaction to be attempted, especially by newbees, is 1oz of pfed! So that even taking into account sloppiness, lack of experience and losses along the way You should get some product!

Ratios of reagents are, 3:3:1 or 1:1:1/3 ie.E:I:RP aka, equal amounts of Iodine and pfed, and a third as much RP! Comprenda!

Ok first prepare yourself an icebath! Yes icecubes and water in a sink or bucket! Now, many will say you should add this first or that first! Well after much reading of different peoples methods, I say.... Chuck the whole shebang in together, while your flask is on ice, Lift and swirl ingredients together, while maintaing on ice!

Judging by the words above sounds like this is a very high temperature reaction. Our victim's head was totally melted, yes.

oUPxtL.jpg

Well, i guess i should get back to the boys to see if they have finished their research about what that logo is....

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Hello and sorry for delay!

Since Sli.mg is apparently down, i had to upload all pics again. But i didn't have all of them on my harddrive.

Anyway, let's get back to the game...

My most recent clue was the pic i found from some green box. I gave it to the boys at the police station and returned to hear what they found about that logo.

IT'S PUZZLE TIME AGAIN!
a9F4fxF.jpg

After solving the puzzle, a quick search shows that there are over 115 companies who use a similar logo. So, our clue was absolutely useless. NOTHING! This game is trolling me :argh:

Well, it's late, let's go home!

Waifu left a note, She's going to see her mom and left me a recipe to cook something tonight. meh
LgZaPao.jpg

LET'S COOK
zxDToyA.jpg

Cut some meat and onion, add some boiling water to a pot, add meat and onion to the boiling water...
xjhHSYL.jpg

While cooking the meal, our protagonist is getting some flashbacks....
iUgECTK.jpg

7ZSitZi.jpg

x00LXet.jpg

q0duYBU.jpg

0atou4V.jpg

RZwOAqC.jpg

9xBdT2d.jpg

Waifu(?) is mad again
2Obk19b.jpg

A fresh way to start a new day is to hear about a murder. Yes, another murder has happened in a nearby city.... two murders in less than 20 hours!
3 victims and still we don't know shit about our maniac murderer. GREAT!!
ovC74J6.jpg

Let's head to the murder scene....

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom