Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
It probably won't immediately fly off shelves in millions, but it has a large following, and it'll sell for a long time. It will almost certainly be a success, if not a massive "hit"

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I don't think the devs really understand why people like M&B which is why so many of these dev blogs focus on popamole shit and not core systems.

I think they do understand, but the core features are probably still so lacking that they have to resort to reporting about the inane stuff in order to keep up the image of making progress.

FreshCorpse

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
As far as the game itself I expect it will be good but also underwhelming given the insane dev cycle. I don't think the devs really understand why people like M&B which is why so many of these dev blogs focus on popamole shit and not core systems.

Yeah I think people unreasonably expect that long development cycles are due to years of productive work. Torment Numenera was 3 full years late and judging from reviews it doesn't seem that the game really "benefited" from that, so to speak.

I know from outside the games industry that many software projects that are long delayed turn out to be absolute turds on release and that long development cycles are much more correlated with poor management than with good quality.

Codex Year of the Donut
don't the devs live in turkey?

probably will starve to death from not being able to buy food because of hyperinflation due to their dumbass ''leader'' before it's released.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
They'll be at Gamescom, they'll be showing off single player campaign stuff, but won't be giving a release date.

I just unsubbed from their Twitters and whatnot recently. I'm still looking forward to the game, but it's gotten a bit too sour for me.

(oh, Gamescom is on now)

Last edited:

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I don't even know where to direct my butthurt. Against the developer who stabbed me in the heart and released on iOS first? Or the one that will never release anything?

Or should I be a mature adult human being and understand the difficulties they face? Nah, fuck them, gimme my games right now dammit!

Latelistener

Arcane
Game doesn't look much different from Warband to be honest.
I wonder what they were doing for so long.

That horse though...

81rMQ0yF6TL._SL1500_.jpg

c6b3c37e38e87276ef6898bab9a33e51.gif

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Game doesn't look much different from Warband to be honest.
I wonder what they were doing for so long.
I guess the management and itemization stuff and world map interaction took precedence.

The combat appears almost the same (disappointing for me, but oh well), though at least they reworked the spear some.
Still no footwork when fighting.
Can you actually break into a sprint or even just a jog now, or does your character still accelerate as if underwater?
Horse behavior seems improved when many of them charge together in close proximity? They no longer just stop dead in their tracks when bumping against another horse just a teensy bit? Can't tell for sure, but that would be very nice if true.
Graphics look dated though not bad or anything. Can't have it look too amazing considering what else it needs to be able to do.
Most importantly the engine needs to be moddable as hell, well-optimized and play well with the cpu to handle the a.i. load in large battles. And better handling of hoof dust and such.

Hrymr

Educated

5:22 To the question about the release date - "We have finished a lot of the early game stuff and polished it, so we need to do the same with the mid game and late game and the multiplayer, so it's going to take a while".
"It will take a little bit".
:negative:

Bocian

Arcane
Looks dumbed down compared to Warband. Also, frankly, I couldn't care less about the release date. With these graphics and size of battles it's probably going to have monstrous system requirements.

Martyr

Arcane
:hmmm:

this looks just like Warband with a bigger world, different UI and graphics-whore-mod.
but better graphics and bigger world don't make a game better.
perfect example: Gothic 2 vs Gothic 3. G2 wins despite having a smaller world and more dated graphics.

Salvo

Arcane
No matter how much time they take, this game is NEVER going to be bug-free. Just release it and fix it along the way.

A lot of people just want it for the mods anyway.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I like it. More of the same but improved is all what I wanted. Also all the mods we will be getting. One thing I didn't like about the recent campaign video though. That death-spin animation when hit by a two-hander. That is going to get old real fast.

Last edited:

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
I like it. More of the same but improved is all what I wanted. Also all the mods we will be getting. One thing I didn't like about the recent campaign video though. That death-spin animation when hit my a two-hander. That is going to get old real fast.
Death animation mods should finally be possible now. (adding variation)

Bocian

Arcane
No matter how much time they take, this game is NEVER going to be bug-free. Just release it and fix it along the way.
This is the attitude that gives us Andromedas and No Man's Sky-types. You and your likes will be the first ones to whine about what the game is not and what it lacks.

mwnn85

Savant
I don't see how Armagan can state (with a straight face) that it's basically a lick of paint over all the existing mechanics found in Warband but he's still got no idea of how much is complete and hence how much longer it'll take?
At least he's telling the truth :D

Struggling to think of what's actually new apart from the huge graphical update and fancier menus.
The rag doll deaths maybe. I don't even think those are new; just tweaked.
I definitely saw a shield bash in there.
Talks about a Morrowind-like, learn by doing system but skills always improved with usage so errr...
And the ability tree doesn't appear to be anything more than fairly boring percentage bonuses (+6% horse hitpoints, +3 arrows in a quiver, *yawn*)

Combat doesn't look improved really - the AI literally stand still and do nothing at one point in the video.
I was hoping the AI might be smart enough to form pike walls/squares against cavalry and other tricks like that; they still act like lemmings.

If the campaign only amounts to farming bandits and doing fetch quests to build up reputation (again) then that's a huge waste.
Even the special NPC's in town offered a copy paste selection of troops.
Given the amount of time this has taken I genuinely thought they'd managed something ambitious like mixing Gothic with Warband.

I've done the whole sandbox/warlord campaign thing twice now, killing endless waves of bowling skittle AI.
It isn't going to get much better a third time around.

It's still a definite pick up for MP. Perhaps once all the release bugs are quashed.
Campest bandit ever?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom