Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Depth of field? After motion blur, the worst implemented effect in videogames. But I like higher-quality models.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I'll wait to see what the updated feature-list looks like. A shiny new coat of paint doesn't help much if it gets boring within two hours like Warband did. At the very least it should overhaul diplomacy and also give you control over how your cities and villages are run. The focus in the previous games was way too combat-heavy.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Yeah, that's true. The combat is pretty fun too (aside from the weak unit command feature), but eventually after the 200th battle you start getting bored of it.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Hopefully they increase the unit limit for battles. It kinda blows having a 300 strong army if you can only have roughly 60 with you at any one time in a battle.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron

They can only help to a certain extent. No matter what kind of super rig you're running, sooner or later the engine would choke in both M&B and WB. They need to make the game support thousands of troops at once for a glorious clusterfucky meatgrinder.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Mods will save it! Funny enough Talewords seems lazy enough that all this will be is Warband 1 plus the most popular mods. Better fief/castle/town and empire management is a must.

Overboard

Arcane
Concept art:

v6cBrzD.png

Why have so many stairs when the AI can barely use one?

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Some more depth to the adventure/strategic/political sides is what I'm mainly hoping for. Combat is fine as it is, though more tactical options wouldn't hurt either.

Eyeball

Arcane
Agree, but I hope they know when to STOP! M&B was fantastic BECAUSE of it being largely a fictionalised Ghengiz Khan simulator. Start a lone wanderer, assemble band of bro's and wreak havoc on the countryside in inentsive cavalry battles. The rest was pretty barebones, but that was fine because the fighting was so fucking good. I fear that Taleworlds might go too far and turn MB2 into a medieval life simulator where Castle management, tax Collection, spouse courting and diplomacy become the point of the game rather than riding around hitting motherfuckers in the face with swords. We got games like The Guild or CK for that.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I doubt there's any danger of that happening given how utterly shallow those features were in the first game.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Looks good enough, never cared about the graphics in the earlier titles anyways. Just want to see what they are going to do with the campaign and the game mechanics. There was alot of potential with the skills etc.
This. The screenshots are a slight improvement over Warband but the real meat will be if they expand the sandbox RPG and kingdom management/building.
And (more) realistic siegeing.

Emily

Arcane
Agree, but I hope they know when to STOP! M&B was fantastic BECAUSE of it being largely a fictionalised Ghengiz Khan simulator. Start a lone wanderer, assemble band of bro's and wreak havoc on the countryside in inentsive cavalry battles. The rest was pretty barebones, but that was fine because the fighting was so fucking good. I fear that Taleworlds might go too far and turn MB2 into a medieval life simulator where Castle management, tax Collection, spouse courting and diplomacy become the point of the game rather than riding around hitting motherfuckers in the face with swords. We got games like The Guild or CK for that.
Starting with warband it went more to the feudal setting simulation and less about being a mercenary just fighting random dudes.
This is especially true since you had option of making your own faction or helping other rule the whole map. I see expanding the medieval life simulator while retaining core functionality as a natural improvement of the series.

Thane Solus

Arcane

Was barebones without Diplomacy Mod and PBOD. I actually cant play vanilla without those mods, its horrible. That why i made:

Warband Enhanced :) http://www.moddb.com/mods/warband-enhanced

:thumbsup:

Borelli

Arcane
I care fuck all about the graphics, they are fine in M&B. What i want to see in 2 are the improved core game features, basically anything that can't be added with mods. Better spears/thrusting attacks, sieges, AI. Y'know under the hood stuff.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
From a few posts by devs it seems they focused a lot on making the modding options better. Which is pretty key, in my opinion. Graphics and combat tweaks will only take it so far, it's modding at the core of its appeal. (for many people)

Warband certainly allows for much more than the original game (we've hit quite a few walls in making The Last Days), but there's still a lot to be done better.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom