Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Hopefully you will have upgraded your machine sometime between now and Bannerlord's 2037 release.
Probably go through three new systems in the time it takes them to release it.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
by that time, they would have added simulation of all the bacteria that caused the diseases that were so important in medieval warfare.

If they don't accurately model how each protein is folded, I'm gonna demand a refund and write a rant about how ahistorical it is.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Oh right devlog: http://steamcommunity.com/games/261550/announcements/detail/1457341716602201483

3ef3e58ac524604020383a374979cf7d97e0a906.jpg

Greetings warriors of Calradia!

They came from overseas, mercenaries and adventurers, speaking the tongues of many lands, taking the empire's silver to guard the frontiers against the unsubdued tribes of the interior. They took their name from one of their first warlords, Wilund the Bold - Valandion, in Calradic - and became known as the Vlandians. Their heavy cavalry, second to none, ran down the Emperor's foes from the Aserai wastes to the distant steppes. But the empire never had as much silver as it needed, and treasury officials soon learned that it could pay its mercenaries with land grants and titles. This was perhaps not the most far-sighted of policies. The Vlandians settled, married, planted farms, and built fortresses. It was not difficult, during the recent interregnum, for Osrac Iron-arm to declare himself king, independent in all but name. He seized the imperial capital of Baravenos and the lands along the coast, and that was how the west was lost to the empire.

The Vlandians are based on the feudal states of early medieval Europe, in particular the Normans, the Norse raiders who settled in France then carved out kingdoms for themselves in England, Sicily, and the Holy Land. The Normans stunned their Byzantine and Muslim adversaries with the fury and discipline of cavalry charges with couched lance which, in the words of 12th century chronicler Anna Comnena, "could pierce the walls of Babylon." The knights combined extraordinary discipline in training for war with the tenacious pursuit of any land they could possibly conceive a claim to. Any grey area in feudal inheritance law was grounds for war. The careers of William the Conqueror, Robert Guiscard of Sicily, or the Crusader Bohemond were one of endless conflict: sometimes conquering more lands, but just as often over the relatively petty disputes of vassal against liege, brother against brother, father against son.

blog_post_18_taleworldswebsite_02.jpg

The Vlandians control slightly more territory than the other factions, but we've seeded the ground for a lot of internal dissent among them. The world-weary Vlandian king, Derthert, will have to deal with barons who are more interested in pursuing their own agendas than fighting under his banner. Mount and Blade: Warband also tried to model this "herding cats" aspect of medieval warfare, but some people found the implementation, in which lords could wander off on their own accord, to be frustrating. In Bannerlord, the new Influence mechanism will let the player spend influence to keep large armies of quarrelsome vassals in the field - but that resource is limited.

The Vlandians will have their share of minor factions. As with the Battanians and Khuzaits, these serve to emphasize the origins of the kingdom. For example, players who wish to emulate the adventurers who founded the Vlandian (and Norman) kingdoms can seek their fortunes with the Company of the Golden Boar, mercenaries who are based on medieval outfits like the Catalan or Free Companies.

blog_post_18_taleworldswebsite_03.jpg

Vlandian arms and armour are based on that of Western Europe from the 9th to the early 12th centuries. This was a period of relatively fast evolution, and leaves us with some balancing issues. For example, there are textual references to what appear to be two-handed swords in this period, notably as wielded by Swabian mercenaries at the 1053 battle of Civitate, but as far as we know no artistic depictions or specimens. Two-handed swords were a popular weapon in Warband, so we're including them - but we're ensuring they're relatively rare, a hero's weapon rather than standard equipment. There's also come controversy about how frequently crossbows were used in the 11th century and before, but we're erring on the side of inclusion. Their use should help the Vlandians be as effective defending fortresses as the Normans were historically.

The couched lance charge is a deadly tactic - as it was, clearly, on the medieval battlefield. But it becomes much more effective when it's performed by a good rider on a powerful horse. In Bannerlord, we're trying to ensure there's a trade-off between specializing as light or heavy cavalry. Light horses will be noticeably more manoeuvrable but also more averse to physical contact. And even the best heavy cavalry should think twice about crashing into a wall of spears - even the Normans could not break the shield wall at Hastings, instead wearing it down with combined arms and feints. Still, used properly, a force of Vlandians can be a steamroller - just be sure to keep them focused on your enemies instead of your own lands.

blog_post_18_taleworldswebsite_04.jpg

In next week’s blog we will be speaking with Software Engineers, Dündar Ünsal and Koray Kıyakoğlu. Dündar and Koray work alongside each other to ensure that the front-end (client) and back-end (server) of Bannerlord communicate efficiently and effectively. If you have a question you would like to ask, please leave a reply in the comments section and we will pick one out for them to answer.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
This week's devblog is a prosper tribute and about how they are "slacking off instead of finishing the game", with Q&A with multiplayer programmer as a bonus: http://steamcommunity.com/games/261550/announcements/detail/1467475350089304347

9aae812e1f0542e160c94f0822d7cfdfdbaceb29.jpg

When you are playing online, communication is vital. Players must be able to interact with and respond to what their teammates and opponents are doing at that very instant in order to succeed. And before we proceed, no, we aren’t talking about VoIP or text chat (although those can be important too!). A dropped packet, an increase in latency or a high ping could be the key factor which results in defeat...

There are two options available when designing the online multiplayer aspect of a game: peer-to-peer and client-server. Both have their own advantages and disadvantages. For Bannerlord, we feel that the client-server model (using dedicated servers) helps to make the combat more consistent and allows us to put players on a level playing field (with the help of a few little tricks, such as latency tools). We think that this will make for an overall fairer and more enjoyable experience for players.

But of course, none of this magic happens on its own! The client and the server need to be coded to communicate efficiently and effectively. And this is where Software Engineers like our very own Koray Kıyakoğlu step in, ensuring that the client and server can exchange data quickly and accurately to provide a fluid multiplayer gaming experience to players.

NAME
Koray Kıyakoğlu

FROM
Trabzon, Turkey

JOINED TALEWORLDS

EDUCATION
Computer Engineering (BSc), Computer Animation and Game Technologies (MSc)

OFFICIAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Software Engineer

WHAT DO YOU NORMALLY DO DURING YOUR DAY?
During my early days at the company I mostly focused on tasks on the multiplayer side of Bannerlord, such as game mode prototyping, online services and organizing internal gameplay tests.

blog_post_19_taleworldswebsite_02.jpg

A character from one of the first multiplayer tests

blog_post_19_taleworldswebsite_03.jpg

A character from the latest build

As the studio expanded, I found time to focus on the other parts of the game, such as refactoring gameplay code, redesigning GUI middleware, making different aspects moddable etc. I have always been the developer who addressed the .NET related issues and I eventually ended up as "the C# guy" in our studio.

Besides work, our studio has a very casual environment. From time to time, we organize social events like barbecue parties or steakhouse runs. I can say to our community with great confidence that if any of them end up working here, it will become their second family.

blog_post_19_taleworldswebsite_04.jpg

Developers slacking off instead of finishing the game...

WHAT DO YOU LIKE THE MOST ABOUT BANNERLORD?
Even though I like most of the new features the game will bring, as an engineer, I like it's technical side more than anything. And the thing I like the most is its advanced modding support. I'm sure Bannerlord will become one of the most modded games out there.

WHAT'S THE MOST DIFFICULT THING THAT YOU SOLVED SO FAR, DURING THE PRODUCTION OF BANNERLORD?
When I first started working at TaleWorlds, I saw that our game engine was heavily integrated and dependant on game code. It was making our development process difficult and slow. I suggested that we draw a clean abstraction between the engine and the rest of code. With the help of the engine team we’ve managed to separate those systems, opening up the possibility of making different games using the same engine.

WHAT DO YOU CURRENTLY WORK ON?
Well, unfortunately I'm unable to answer this question because it will ruin the surprise for our community! But from a technical point of view I can say that I'm about to finish removing the unnecessary parts from our dedicated multiplayer game servers. That way it will include less code, which will make it easier to port to different server operating systems.

WHAT FACTION DO YOU LIKE THE MOST IN BANNERLORD?
I actually don’t prefer one faction over any of the others.

WILL BANNERLORD BE ABLE TO SUPPORT MORE PLAYERS ON A SERVER THAN WARBAND COULD?
The final player numbers for multiplayer haven’t been set just yet, however we are aiming for even higher numbers than Warband 'unofficially’ supports.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Bannerlord gonna have a campaign like europa universalis? with all the vassals etc im reading about ?

ab3f5e3038c5f792c5e6f6f4ac3fc2ed2c799521.jpg

The Sturgian forests are forbidding and cold, but great wealth lies within. Wild honey can be found, and bog iron, but the real prize has always been fur. For centuries, brave traders ventured there to buy the pelts of fox, rabbit and ermine from the tribes of the woods. As the empire expanded eastward, that trickle of traders became a flood. Great towns sprung up on the rivers. Fortune-seekers came from the coast, from the steppes, and most of all from the Nordlands. Tribal elders made alliances with the newcomers, sealed by wedding vows, and with their share of the trading profits hired mercenaries to subdue other tribes. Sturgia became a collection of principalities, then a kingdom, the great powerhouse of the north.

The Sturgians are based on the federation of city-states known as Kievan Rus, located in today's Russia, Belarus and Ukraine. Like many boomtowns, the Rus river cities attracted people from faraway lands. Predominantly Slavic communities were forming into states at a breakneck pace and borrowing institutions, religions, and ways of trade and war from their neighbours. Greek missionaries, Finnic foresters, Turkic and Iranian steppe tribes, and most famously the Varangian Norse all left their mark on the aesthetics of Russian art, arms and armour. We think the motifs and styles of Sturgian equipment – gilded and peaked helmets, furs and gold brocade, runes and gripping beasts and folk embroidery and Arabesques -- will make it some of the most spectacular in the game.

blog_post_20_taleworldswebsite_02.jpg

As with other factions, we let history be our inspiration for Sturgia's politics. The chroniclers weren't shy about expressing their opinions about the different princes. Some rulers, like Vladimir the Great or Yaroslav the Wise, have come down to us as far-sighted rulers. Others, like Sviatopolk "the Accursed," accused of murdering his brothers, or Vseslav, the sorcerer-king of Pskov, were depicted as some of the more colourful tyrants in medieval Europe. Raganvad, the current Sturgian prince, is cut out of the latter mould: he knows how to punish but not how to reward, and he'll put to the test the old dictum that it is better to be feared than loved.

The commercial ethic was strong in early Rus, with the town veche or council ensuring that merchants had a major role in state policy. Danger and opportunity went hand in hand. A Muslim chronicler recalls how the Rus father of a newborn boy would show the baby a sword and tell him this would be his only inheritance: the blade would have to win all the rest of it. The Icelandic sagas, though geographically very far removed from the Rus, have also been an inspiration for the Varangians' ideal of businesslike warfare and warlike business, the kind of society where a father could say, "Son, you've been lazing around the fire all winter. Time to get up and show you can take some responsibility for your life. Go pillage someone."

blog_post_20_taleworldswebsite_03.jpg

The Rus employed both cavalry and archers, but the core of their forces in the early period was most likely formed infantry - also a Norse speciality. We've been working on the close-up foot-slogging side of Mount and Blade. Look out for high-tier AI opponents bashing you with their shield in the teeth, following it up with a blade going into your ribs. Disciplined infantry will be more likely to stay in formation, and will leave a space for a player in their ranks so you don't get crowded too closely by your allies.

Now, the Nords were a favourite faction in Warband, and we know a lot of people are drawn to Vikings - the blood eagles, the shipboard funeral pyres, the berserkers eager to join the feasting at Valhalla. Sturgia is Nordic-influenced but it's not really a Viking state: the Nordlands are off of the map (for the present, anyway) and they wouldn't really form the kind of proto-feudal kingdom that the Bannerlord factions represent. But, if players want to have a west Scandinavian-style play experience, the raiding, the companions, the ring-swords, two-handed axes, Valsgarde helmets, hauberks and raven banners will all be there. Among the Sturgian minor factions are the Skolderbroda, a mercenary brotherhood based on the (possibly legendary) Jomsvikings of the Baltic. The Finnic tribes meanwhile are represented by the Sons of the Forest, a semi- nomadic clan that practices swidden slash-and-burn agriculture in the depths of the woods. At any rate, there should be plenty of allies and plenty of enemies for players who want to win their inheritance with the blade, the Rus way, in this cold land of deadly opportunity.

blog_post_20_taleworldswebsite_04.jpg

In next week’s blog we will be talking with Lead Programmer, Cem Çimenbiçer. Cem is a true veteran of the company, having worked at TaleWorlds since the original Mount & Blade! Cem works on a number of different programming aspects of Bannerlord, including AI, networking and combat animations. If you have a question you would like to ask him, please leave a reply in the comments and we will pick one out for him to answer.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Hell yeah, Sturgia raiding speciality! It's liberating time. Always liked raiding and pillaging playstyle more than castle shit.
images

vota DC

Augur
Now every faction has a cavalry. So this could be what age of empires 2 was for aoe series? After all aoe1 has very asymetric (spelling??) factions, technology difference is a lot bigger (some factions don't have at all elephants, cavalry archer, ballista, composite archer also lack all infantry upgrade or range upgrade while in aoe2 you just lack the last upgrade except persian infantry) and mb1 had rhodok and nord that lacked cavalry.

New devblog.
94041521aeb8d367f47459434f3ad67961359c12.jpg

We are back with our series of interviews with TaleWorlds’ team. Today we want to introduce you to a very important role in every development team. Every time a game designer thinks of a cool feature or an animator creates a beautiful movement, there’s someone who has to find a way to make it happen and implement everything in the actual game. You are right, we are talking about the programmers, those code magicians that turn designers’ wishes into reality – and then fix all the issues that usually follow every change: a video game is a very complex system, and changing even the smallest thing can create unexpected problems!

NAME
Cem Çimenbiçer

FROM
Ankara (Turkey)

JOINED TALEWORLDS

EDUCATION
Computer Science

OFFICIAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Team Leader (Combat / Animations / Network / AI)

WHAT DO YOU NORMALLY DO DURING YOUR DAY?
80% of my time is spent writing code. Then I also take care of integrating the code that other programmers wrote, a process during which I check and review these parts, and have a few meetings – our dedicated team, which we call Combat Team, has 2 short meetings every week to synchronise our development efforts.

WHAT DO YOU LIKE THE MOST ABOUT BANNERLORD?
I love how the game improved with the addition of all the new animation techniques we have implemented, and together with the newly added cloth system, the game feels more fluid and alive.

WHAT'S THE MOST DIFFICULT THING THAT YOU SOLVED SO FAR, DURING THE PRODUCTION OF BANNERLORD?
Inverse kinematics (which is a system of animation where you go not from how a particular bone is rotated, but from where a particular part of the body needs to be, and then the animation is built from that point back). This system results in much better visuals than what we had in Warband, however once you open this Pandora’s box, it is a huge workload to fine-tune this system, which took us a very long time.

blog_post_21_taleworldswebsite_02.gif

Chained Attack

WHAT DO YOU CURRENTLY WORK ON?
I’m currently working on tweaking the combat system and adding some new features based on feedback from our internal combat tests. One specific example would be trying chambering with a new gesture combo. I hope that it will be more intuitive and have a more satisfactory visual feedback. Apart from these, I usually work on our animation system, network system, individual and group AI, and core gameplay elements like basic movements.

WHAT FACTION DO YOU LIKE THE MOST IN BANNERLORD?
You start the game without a faction, and usually you meet the Empire first, so I guess quite a few people will prefer the Empire as their favourite faction. But I like Khuzaits, because of the mechanics of horse archery. I really love that, and no other game gives the same feeling.

HOW HAVE RANGED ANIMATIONS CHANGED FROM WARBAND? WILL PLAYERS BE ABLE TO MOVE DURING THE ANIMATION AND HOW HAVE YOU BALANCED THIS?
The major change in bow reloading and shooting animations is that, we used to leave the arrow in the quiver until the player starts readying to shoot. Now the arrow is taken from the quiver as soon as the player is available to do so. This reduces the time required to ready and shoot an arrow, and gives a decent timing advantage to the bowmen. If the player gets disturbed while taking an arrow from the quiver, this action gets restarted on the next availability. This stage difference is also done for the crossbowmen, so the reloading in crossbows is split into two: cocking the crossbow, and placing the bolt. First stage gets cancelled if the player moves during the action, but second stage allows movement. Bowmen are free to move at any stage.

Balancing of all weapons was made after this change, so this new system didn’t cause us too much trouble. By the way I should remind you that the balancing in both weapons and their usage animations are continuously made, so nothing that has been seen in the footages shown should be assumed to be final.

HOW GOOD IS THE COMBAT AI ON THE HIGHEST DIFFICULTY? WILL THERE BE DIFFERENT COMBAT AI FOR DIFFERENT UNITS IN BANNERLORD?
Until now, we mainly worked on the tactics of formations and armies, but not the tactics on 1v1 fights. I believe that we will add some variety on that only after we feel like the AI is good enough and missing only unique tactics. So far the AI has been buffed with improved ranged and melee accuracy, decision to use kicking, keeping distance according to combat states and so on. In the end, our aim is to expand the range of intelligence of AI in order to help new players more in combat, and create more challenge for the experienced players. With the addition of more complex army AI, you should also expect a hard time on even reaching the army commanders in the battlefield. And a challenging duel would be your reward (or punishment) when you penetrate the defences.

IN TERMS OF COMBAT ANIMATIONS, WHAT SORT OF VARIATIONS CAN WE EXPECT? ARE THERE MORE UNIQUE ANIMATIONS DEPENDING ON WEAPON THAN WARBAND?
In Bannerlord we have quite a few more variations than in Warband. Combatants can be in a left or right stance, which means there are two versions of each and every animation. On top of that, there are two variations of each animation, one for very light and fast, and one for heavy and slow weapons. Any particular weapon uses a blend of those two animations according to its weight. The dirty way of fighting also got additional variety in Bannerlord. Kick works the same as Warband, but it would also be possible to bash with either a shield or weapon in hand.

blog_post_21_taleworldswebsite_03.gif

Weapon Push

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST FEATURE YOU WANTED IN OLDER MOUNT & BLADE GAMES (BUT WERE UNABLE TO INCLUDE) THAT YOU HAVE IMPLEMENTED IN BANNERLORD?
A custom skeleton system that would support different creatures would expand the creativity of our modders a lot in Warband. Luckily, just like many other moddable things in Bannerlord, this will also be possible to modify.

WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE CREATION OF WARBAND 8 YEARS AGO AND BANNERLORD TODAY?
Actually, this is a quite wide question, so I will limit my answer to only the programming part of it. I started working here in TaleWorlds in 2006, but I officially joined the team in 2008. So I’ve been involved in development of Mount & Blade projects for more than 10 years. The number of programmers working on Mount & Blade games during this timeline increased from 2 (Armagan and me) to more than 20. When there were just two of us, the overhead of designing and discussions was extremely minimal, the codebase was smaller (Bannerlord codebase is 3x that of Warband, including the module system) and our quality expectations were lower. All of these factors helped us in implementing new features within a short period of time. In Warband we doubled our programmer count (to 4!) but everything else stayed similar. When we started working on Bannerlord, the increased number of employees forced us to act more professional in almost every area of the project. Renewed and automated integration tools, team based development, proper QA and testing, design meetings, regular meetings etc. were all introduced during the development of Bannerlord. I could say that, our team turned from “a group of ambitious guys” to “a game development studio” while developing Bannerlord.

Oh, and one strange fact is that the office has felt chillier each year. Most of the others don’t feel the difference, but I do, I really do!

blog_post_21_taleworldswebsite_04.jpg

We would like to take this opportunity to say that 2017 has been a very, very exciting year for us. We went to E3 and Gamescom and had a great time there showing Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord. We have been talking to you week after week for some time now, and sharing an open conversation with you and getting your feedback has been extremely useful, invigorating and empowering (thank you guys!). And of course, Bannerlord is getting better and better, shaping up to be the great game that you deserve. 2018 is almost here, and we expect it to be even more exciting -- we can't tell you more as of now, but stay tuned: you wouldn't like to miss it! We wish all of you and your families a wonderful holiday and the best for the New Year. See you in a couple of weeks!

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
This year's first devblog is about Aserai faction: http://steamcommunity.com/games/261550/announcements/detail/1589075710471736689

daf3a35db3c1331565e0af1415bf7f55b9ec2e8a.jpg

To the south of the imperial heartland lies the Nahasa, the Bronze Desert, ringed by mountains, hammered by the sun. A traveller coming over the passes from greener lands would first see fields of dunes broken by gravel plains and volcanic outcrops, shimmering under the heat haze. But there is water to be found underground, trapped in depressions or beneath the wadis where the occasional flash flood rumbles by. And in these oases people have settled. They are divided into dozens of clans and sub-clans, each with its elaborate genealogy, but are collectively known as the Banu Asera or the Aserai after the legendary patriarch Asera, whom they all claim as an ancestor.

The Empire even at its heights preferred not to send its legions into the army-devouring wastes. Instead, it projected its power into the Nahasa by cultivating clients and allies among the clans, who competed in an endless dance of power. Those clans that could secure a hold on the oases won an imperial subsidy to protect passing caravans and grew rich. Those who could not were pushed into the desert, left to raise goats and camels and raid caravans until they could plot a comeback. Today, with the waning of the empire offering new opportunities and new risks, the Aserai have agreed to form a confederacy under a sultan chosen from richest of the clans, the Banu Hulyan. But everyone knows that the dance has only temporarily been stopped, and at the right moment it will begin again.

blog_post_22_taleworldswebsite_02.jpg

The Aserai are based on the Arab tribes just before the great Islamic conquests of the seventh century, which created a diverse tri-continental caliphate whose scale and institutions don't really fit Bannerlord's political system. In the centuries before, the Arabs formed a series of confederations and kingdoms inside and on the margins of the Arabian and Syrian deserts. Many think of the entire Middle East as arid wastes, even though most of the more famous battles, especially during the Crusades, were fought in coastal Mediterranean regions or the highland steppe of Anatolia. The Arab heartland however really is mostly desert. Our landscapes reflect the harsh beauty of dunes, craggy mountains, and oases, along with the less glamorous stretches of wasteland in between, like scrubland and dry wadis.

Historians have left vivid portraits of the chieftains, kings, and occasional ruling queens of Palmyra, Kinda, Hirah, and other principalities of the deserts. Some were morally complex characters, managing their domains with a mixture of cajoling, threats, bribes, skulduggery, bravery, and shameless nepotism. The Aserai sultan, Unqid, is cut from this mould. Their task was not made easier by warrior-poets like Imru al-Qais, Antara, and Tarafa. These untameable mavericks wrote lyric verse about the transitory nature of human experience, their memories of liaisons with their beloved in a now-deserted campsite slowly erased by wind and flood, then used it to segue into a string of boasts about the battles they won and the steeds they've ridden. We're using Bannerlord's new events system to create a backstory of grudges and feuds that will test an aspiring sultan's ability to placate and lead.

blog_post_22_taleworldswebsite_03.jpg

Mideastern armies are popularly associated with horse archers, but in fact those only became prevalent about two centuries after the founding of Islam with the influx of Turks. The Arabs fought with short sword, long spear, and foot bow. Warriors prided themselves on their flexibility, fighting as light mounted lancers or heavy foot, in formed ranks or as individual champions. Javelins, a favourite weapon of the Berbers, made their appearance in Islamic armies fairly early, and we have the Aserai use them as well. All in all it's a mix of good troops, pretty well balanced across cavalry and infantry. The Arabs were famously proud of their horses, and the Aserai breeds - produced by pastures in Aserai lands - will have unique characteristics. Middle Eastern warriors wore a mix of armours, often under richly embroidered textiles. Bannerlord's physics model gives us new options in bringing the pageantry of these armies to life, with banners, horsetails and robes fluttering in the desert breeze.

The Aserai, like all Bannerlord cultures, will have minor factions. The Jawwal are Bedouin nomads, like those who plagued caliphs, sultans and kings throughout Islamic history. And though our reference point is late antiquity and the very early medieval era, we've also introduced some institutions that thrived under the caliphs. The Ghilman, a brotherhood of slave-warriors, represent the forerunners to the Mamluks who fought for and later came to dominate the caliphate. Aserai towns meanwhile will be dominated by the back-alley mafias who feature in tales of urban Middle Eastern life, from The Thousand and One Nights to the novels of Naguib Mahfouz. The desert of the south will be hard to rule and dangerous to traverse, but the other realms ignore it at their peril, lest it suddenly throw forth a host capable of bringing empires to their knees.

blog_post_22_taleworldswebsite_04.jpg

In next week’s blog we will be speaking with Writer and Designer, Steve Negus. If you have any questions you would like to ask him, please leave a reply in the comments section and we will pick one out for him to answer!

Morkar Left

:salute:
New devblog.

Oh, and one strange fact is that the office has felt chillier each year. Most of the others don’t feel the difference, but I do, I really do!

blog_post_21_taleworldswebsite_04.jpg

That's some serious balding but guy has a lot of humor :salute:

I just hope the game gets released one day. But yeah, that will be glorious day.

mbv123

Arbiter
A custom skeleton system that would support different creatures would expand the creativity of our modders a lot in Warband. Luckily, just like many other moddable things in Bannerlord, this will also be possible to modify.
:hype:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom