Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Only minimum though.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's possible that they actually have to release this before Kingdom Come Deliverance because there is a certain danger that afterwards no one will give a shit. Although I personally think that Kingdom Come will dissappoint and Mountainblade will not. (I played the KcD beta a few days ago and gameplay wise it's just slightly inclined console shit)
The amount of players "giving a shit" is already enough to ensure a financial success. M&B has an army of fans who already know what they want from it, as the series is essentially an improved version of Pirates! Gold, a sandbox game with specific features, multiplayer and huge modding scene. Deliverance has almost nothing of that.
This. M&B is far far more popular and already has a baked-in audience. I'm also guessing Kingdom Scam doesn't have much in the way of mod support.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
KCD has absolutely nothing in common with M&B besides swords and shit. It's a completely different game with very different design goals.

People who buy it expecting it to play like M&B will be very disappointed and end up buying M&B in the end anyway.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
TaleWorld still adding something to Warband. Horde Invasion mode where you fight against endless mobs with your imaginary friends:

Meanwhile, a peasant killed as an example during a revolt at Bannerlord Steam forum: http://steamcommunity.com/app/261550/discussions/0/333656722981650566/?ctp=6#c152390648079391999

Had to ban a user and get rid of some posts. When it gets to the point where a single user is just spreading complete lies and then refuses to admit it, even when asked for evidence, it's clear that user is having an overall negative impact.

We read everywhere, I have notifications set up on this thread. The reason we are not sharing news right now is not related to me personally. We are heavily focused on development and making as much progress as possible, to get the game in players' hands as soon as we can. That's the reality. We do have some work to do and unfortunately, while we try to keep it small, attending events does affect development. Even sharing news requires us to coordinate with several people, across different teams to make sure a screenshot is a good quality representation of the game.

Since we aren't looking at a release this year, it makes sense for us to just knuckle down and work as hard as possible right now, instead of trying to compete for magazine real estate with the christmas releases.

This thread is specifically for indicating where we provide official sources of information. When you see a user spreading lies, or you suspect them of doing do, ask them for a source and don't back down until they can provide legitimate evidence for the whatever they're propagating.

Zanzoken

Arcane
Dude I love Warband but who gives a fuck about new content for it at this point.

I've never pirated a game in my life but I might steal Bannerlord just as an FU to Snailworlds for being so goddamn incompetent.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Dude I love Warband but who gives a fuck about new content for it at this point.

I've never pirated a game in my life but I might steal Bannerlord just as an FU to Snailworlds for being so goddamn incompetent.

Huh? Incompetent? The game hasn't even released yet what the fuck are you on about?

Zanzoken

Arcane
Bannerlord was announced in 2012 yet there's not even an Early Access release date. That is a ridiculously long dev cycle considering the circumstances. Warband sold like crazy and they have around 50 employees now, so money and manpower should not be an issue. What it says to me is either they have no planning/leadership or they just aren't very good at their jobs.

Admittedly I'm just venting for the most part. I don't think the game is going to suck but I don't expect it will be radically different than Warband either. Better graphics and animations, improved sieges sure, but what have they really shown that would justify so much time?

pippin

The entire Mount and Blade franchise has been ridden with slow as fuck development, marketing mistakes and even some downight stupid decisions, like making Fire and Sword a standalone game or turning Brytenwalda into a paid DLC. Warband is indeed the best thing you can get if you want immersion and fun in a medieval setting, though. The online community is surprisingly not stupid, probably because you have to spend too much time working on those reflexes rather than shittalking, although I've seen a lot of people going on the servers and talking as if Warband was some kinf of assfaggots, which sucks. I'd rather have those faggets who pick archers than those idiots.

To be honest, I don't really care about Bannerlord, but simply because Warband already gives me everything I want from this kind of game.

Zanzoken

Arcane
I think there is still a lot of room for improvement on the strategy layer. More things to do, better world reactivity, more interesting fief/town/kingdom management. And better AI for sure.

pippin

Yeah, but does it really need a brand new game? Considering how they work, it would be better if they just updated Warband forever.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
I would very much like to have a M&B game that doesn't shit itself when more than 300 people are in a battle at a time and sieges that don't involve going up a single ladder to your death. Also after 600 hours in Warband I'll take anything new at this point.

Last edited:

Latelistener

Arcane
Bannerlord was announced in 2012 yet there's not even an Early Access release date.
They are developing practically a new game almost from a scratch, with a heavily modified in-house engine and a new editor. Not sure what you expected. It's actually a normal development cycle for the amount of work.
I just hope it was all worth it, and there will be no fuckups on technical side (40gb is kinda over the top though).

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
There's reasonable development time and then there's five fucking years...

Jrpgfan

Erudite
I think there is still a lot of room for improvement on the strategy layer. More things to do, better world reactivity, more interesting fief/town/kingdom management. And better AI for sure.

That's exactly what they're doing with bannerlord. Have you been following the updates at all?

Latelistener

Arcane
do you want lower quality textures?
I want a reasonable game size, and graphics fidelity has nothing to do with it.
The current gen consoles are using blu-ray disks for games, and devs feel like they aren't ought to do anything about compression and proper packaging from now on. The thing is, there are rumors that Bannerlord will come out on conslows too.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Warband came out on mobile devices years ago and recently came out on consoles. Wouldn't be surprised if it eventually did.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom